Birthday not forgotten

Tell a Tale

 

April 20.

 

Bad mood. The dictionary description of the word precisely states Luhan's current mood.

"Luhan-hyung! Happy birthday" Chen, who just entered the silent waiting room, greeted merrily unaware of the current situation. He shivered at the venomous glare the birthday boy sent at his way. He looked around the white room for explanation. The few members inside the room shook their head. "Yah! What's with that long face?" Baekhyun smacked the resident troll fearing for the consequences that may unleash inside the room. 

"You idiot! Read the damn atmosphere!" Luhan glared at the noise and resumed his fiddling with the phone.

"What's wrong with him?" Chen asked still curious at Luhan's bad mood. It was just weird. Luhan was the festival type of guy who loves to smile and have fun and the one fact clear for him was that he loves his birthday more than anyone. 

"Apparently, Minseok-hyung has not greeted him" Baekhyun whispered. Chen eyes were wide at shock. That should be impossible. Minseok was the last man on earth to forget birthdays especially of the members. Every year when an Exo member celebrates their birthday their baby face hyung would always greet them first and give them gifts that they silently want. He was like the Santa Claus of birthdays. 

"Impossible" Chen stated huffing. It is just plain impossible. 

"Minseok-hyung has not greeted Luhan-hyung yet nor has he given any gift. Last time we check, Sehunnie was greeted first thing in the morning with that expensive watch as a gift" 

"Maybe, Minseok-hyung is preparing for a surprise" Baekhyun grinned at Chen's speculation. Everybody knows about Luhan and Minseok's not so hard-to-recognize mutual love for each other. In fact, the members just wished they would hit off already. Well the both of them are way too naive and innocent much to their frustrations. 

"Let's just hope what you said was right" Baekhyun eyed the ready-to-punch-someone chinese member and sighed. "Or we'll have to endure that for a really long time" Baekhyun pointed at Luhan who was kicking Chanyeol's chair with no remorse. The both of them sighed. 

 

-------

 

It was 10 pm and still no signs of the surprise Baekhyun and Chen was hoping. Their eldest member was packed with schedules of tv and radio guestings. Luhan and Minseok basically haven't talked for the day. Luhan was silent the whole day. Well, if silent was the best of it they could have live but unfortunately it wasn't. The currently irritated chinese doe eyed member of theirs was in a worse-than-a-female-pmsing-mood and they don't like it. The van was stuffy and totally awkward afraid of the silent birthday boy's mood which was really annoyed that Minseok was not in the vehicle. 

"Hyung~" Baekhyun whispered to the manager who was currently fixed on the road. He glanced at the owner of the voice. 

"Yes?"

"Where's Minseok, hyung?"

"On the way to the restaurant. He just finished the recording"

"Restaurant?"

"Yes. We're heading to a restaurant reserved by the company to held Luhan's birthday" Baekhyun smiled at the information. The first geniune smile he had the whole day. 

 

-------

 

"Happy Birthday, Luhan!" The members and the staff cheered while the birthday boy nodded at them. Chen was smiling awkwardly pinching Baekhyun's arms. The whole Exo members decided to forget Luhan's bad mood and started to wolf down the feast. Well, all of them except Chen and Baekhyun who were aware of the dark days to come. 

"Hyung~" Chen approached the manager who was chuckling while eating his share of food. "When is Minseok-hyung coming?"

"He should have arrived right now. Wait for a minute I'll call him" Chen tailed the manager who went out of the room to make his call. 

"Hello? Yes. Minseok, where are you?" Chen moved closer trying to hear the voice from the other line. It was futile, though.
"Yah! What are you doing there? We're celebrating's Luhan's birthday here at a restaurant" Chen sighed. His future seems to be so bleak right now. 

"Aish. You can't come? Okay. okay. Take a rest after then" Chen appeared in front of the hallway immediately after the manager cut the line off. 

"So~? What did Minseok-hyung said?" 

"He's on his way back to the dorm."

"He's not going here?"

"No"

"Why?"

"He has a early schedule tomorrow"

Oh God. Chen shuddered at the thought.

 

------

 

Brrrr brrr. Baekhyun noticed the vibrating phone in the table. It was Luhan's. 

"Hyung! You're phone is ringing" Baekhyun called making Luhan glare at him. Apparently, he was not in the mood to talk to anyone. Baekhyun eyed the caller I.D. out of curiousity. His smile was bright as he watched the name. "It's Minseok-hyung" At the sound of the eldest member's name, Luhan quickly grabbed the phone and went out of the room to answer it. Baekhyun trailed behind dragging the eating Chen. 

"Where are you?" Luhan's voice sounds so gentle despite his stiff expression. "Why are you not here?"

"Is all hope gone?" Chen muttered silently. Nibbling the chicken he took along with him. 

"Depending on the call" Yes. Depending on the call. Without their knowledge, the exo members gathered together eavesdropping at the conversation. Baekhyun let out a frustrated sighed. It wasn't just us, huh. Luhan is normally a gentle and cheerful boy but his anger is something the whole of Exo dreaded. 

"Huh? You run out of money for a fare? Where did you even run off? Okay. Okay. I'll go there so wait a little" Luhan's immediately run out of the restaurant after the call.

"So, what do we do?" Chen asked earning a mischievous grin from Exo-M's wise leader. Kris displayed the car key. "We'll follow you forever, teacher"

 

 

----------

 

 

After a thirty minute drive, Luhan got off and went inside a convenience store with his hood to cover his face. He can't risk having a mob of hormone crazy fan girls running after him. He looked around the store and found Minseok also in his disguise eating a cup of instant ramen. Minseok smiled at the birthday boy. Luhan glanced at the wall clock. Quarter to twelve. He sighed. With the last sip of his ramen cup, Minseok grabbed Luhan's wrist. 

"Let's go!" 

"Where?" Luhan stared at the overly energetic elder with a questioning look. Minseok answered with a smile. Minseok lead the man into the river bank which was a five minute walk from their destination. The park was quiet and abandoned. Luhan glanced around the park. It was unusually empty. The street lights were dim and blinking. 

"5,4,3" Minseok started counting down making Luhan confuse. "2,1" the loud firing of the fireworks caught his attention as he immediately looked up. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Minseok greeted as Luhan read the firework display. He chuckled at Minseok's surprise. Minseok giggled merrily at the success of his plan. Minseok glanced at his watch which reads 11: 58. He tugged the birthday boy's sleeves who stared at him in confusion. Minseok smiled at him as he pulled the clueless boy. Their lips met.  Luhan stood their suprised then he started savoring the sweet present his baozi prepared for him. They broke the kiss. Minseok glanced at the watch and smiled. It has just turned 12. "Just in time" He muttered giggling merrily. 

"You! What did you just-?" Luhan was silenced by the soft lips against his. Minseok giggled at his expression. 

"Well, Lay told me that you so want a lover for a present so I'm here to grant that. I can't have you being someone's lover so~" Luhan blankly stared at him. Minseok pouted. "What? You don't like it?" Luhan shook his head before a smile crept into his features. 

"That's the best gift you ever gave" Luhan smiled before he pulled Minseok into a deep and passionate kiss after whispering "you better be ready, I take precious care of the gifts you give for birthday" Minseok chuckled.

-----------------

 

Without their knowledge, ten pair of eyes were fixed to the events hiding in a near bush and looking really foolish. Minseok sent a playful wink at their direction as things get heated between him and the birthday boy. The ten taking the wink as a silent order slowly began to disperse. Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's hand and left first. Kris went towards the car with Tao running behind him. Suho and Sehun decided to follow Kris so that they can all go home together. Chanyeol pulled the stubborn Baekhyun for another bite of dinner since he was hungry. Lay tugged Chen's sleeves and shook his head which was his way of saying to stop with the snooping. Chen sighed. 

"It'll be a good show" Chen pouted while being dragged by Lay. Lay simply chuckled. 

"Yes, it is. Too good that it'll cost your life to watch" Chen sighed. Lay was right. I could wait tomorrow to tease them afterall. So, what's the rush? Chen chuckled at his thoughts making Lay sigh at his hopelessness. 

 

-----------------------

 

 

 

Without the two official