02 1-4-3(I Love You)

Henber's 1st mini album

 

When we’re together, I can tell
just by looking in your eyes (uh uh)
When I come back home,
I don’t know what to say
 

There are different types of friends: friends that talk a lot when they are together, friends that don’t really talk but understand each other perfectly, and our Henber couple (not really couple just now, but will be couple someday later) is now in the middle of these two stages, which is really awkward.
“Amber unnie, that’s Henry oppa!” Suli drags Amber to Henry at the far end of the corridor at the back stage of a music show, totally ignorant of how Amber has tried to avoid Henry these days. “Come on we should go and congratulate him, he has finally gotten first place.”
“Umm Sul I don’t think……. Whoa!” Without being able to complete her sentence, Suli has pulled her and she is running unwillingly.
“Hello Henry oppa!” Suli says her hello as sweet as usual, but Henry’s attention is not on the cute singer of Fx in front of him, it’s on the tomboy rapper who is trying to hide behind Suli.
“Hello Suli, how are you? Fx’s new song is really good, and I guess maybe next week I’ll have to step down from the throne.” Henry jokes, smiling as usual but his glares are still fixed on Amber.
“Stupid snoopy!” Amber thought herself. “Don’t stare at me!” Amber eyes him a warning.
“But I can’t!” Henry plays dumb, and continues to glare at her.
“I’m serious! Focus on Suli! Or she is going to find out and make fun of me!” Amber hates it, she can understand perfectly what Henry is thinking just by looking at his eyes.
“What if I say no?” Henry smiles playfully at Amber, and she grunts, looking away from him. 10 points to Henry.
“So oppa will you come to the club to celebrate tonight? Are you listening to me?” Suli is wondering what has Henry oppa done to make Amber unnie so angry, Henry oppa is smiling cutely.
“Of course I’m listening, I think I’ll come by 11 so be there on time!” Henry answers, stretching himself. “Oppa is tired right now and so sweaty, I’ll have to go back to change now, see you guys tonight!” He waves and turns around.
“What the hell were you doing there? Why did you keep staring at me? What do you want from me?” Henry is reading Amber’s text, and is really frustrated about how to answer her.
So can I just tell you I was just looking at how the clothes fit beautifully on you? That I stared at you because you are so damn hot? And all I want is to know that you love me.
“What could I tell her?” Henry mutters to himself bitterly. He loves to tease Amber to make her a bit…. Jumpy; that Amber does not look like the usual friendly, outgoing Amber anymore; it’s good to know that he is someone special, someone who can make her angry.
Because he likes her.
He knows how to teases her, how to make her happy, angry, touched, or whatsoever; but he doesn’t know how to cover up his intention, it doesn’t feel right to just tell her that he does all these because he loves her.
And he doesn’t know what to say, so he signs, and puts his phone in his pocket.

Everything I say is still so awkward
Your texts are still too difficult
I open the dictionary and open by open,
want to know, want to know, I don’t know

“You look like a llama when you are angry and it’s…..” Henry deletes the text he has just typed.
“What have I done? I was just talking to Suli and you’ve over……” He deletes what he has typed again, he doesn’t want Amber to believe they are only best friends.
“I haven’t seen you in a while so I just want to take a better loo….” Yes he has deleted again, he thinks this would hint to much to Amber.
“Ugh What should I do? I don’t know!” Henry shouts frustratingly, everything reply he has typed seem so awkward, nothing seems to be right.

I’m sending 143
I still can’t express my feelings
with words whoa oh oh Sending 143,
it’s not just a simple game of numbers
whoa oh oh

He gets off the bus and walks back to the house, still thinking about how to answer Amber’s questions, then her cute face when she got angry appears in his mind, he smiles and stops by a shop that he and Amber likes to shop for caps. He takes up a cap that he thinks Amber is going to like and takes a selca to send it to Amber.
“You like it?” He texts her.

I love you 143,
you are 486
Sending 143, we’re so different
Sending 143, it’s still hard.
It’s not just
a simple game of number 143

 

It’s been hours since she has sent the message to that stupid snoopy, and his last online time was just a minute ago, then why is he still not replying her.
Amber feels somber, they are best friends, yet he doesn’t seemed to care about her messages, he always waited for at least an hour to reply her, and his reply, well it would either be some sentences less than 10 words or a stupid selca of himself.
But she laughs everytime she got the selca, and his reply could make her happy for days.
This is just so unfair.
It is so unfair that she is the only one who is so affected by anything he has done to her, that she is the only one who cares about their relationship, that she needs him, but he doesn’t.
Love is never simple, especially when you are in love with your so called best friend.

My heart pounds at your one word,
I stutter, what am I saying?
I look bad because I keep getting it wrong,
please know my heart, know my heart

Henry is a little bit late as he has fallen asleep at home after taking a shower, he would not have been able to wake up unless Amber gives him a call.
He walks into the SM’s club exclusively for their artists, there are a lot of people there, the lights are dim and the music is loud, but his eyes could just find her just right, like just right away when he got into the club.
People stop by and talk to him, congratulating him on his success of his new title song, he smiles and chats, but his attention is fully on her.
When he has finally gotten to her, his heart pounds: she is in a vest and her long jeans and leather boots, and wears the cap that they have brought together when they were still trainees, her first cap in Korea. She looks happy to drink and talk to her members, and still smiles when she turns and sees him.
“Hey!” Henry greets her, it feels awkward.
“Yeah so snoopy is awake?” Amber teases him.
“I’m thinking about keeping a llama alarm.” He jokes, he swears his heartbeat is so fast that he is going to get a heart attack anytime.
She punches him, and they drink silently, the music is loud, but Henry could not hear anything but his heart beat, and her laugh.

I can’t express my heart, it’s like an endless silent film


How, who, what, when or where, the drama keeps repeating


We don’t speak but we trust in each other’s signs


This is how they hand out with each others most of the times, sitting there in silence, not sure what to talk about, as if anything could have betrayed her that she likes him.
It’s somewhat awkward but she feels safe and comfortable to be with him, it doesn’t matter what they are doing or talking about, even if they are doing nothing and not talking to each other, she is still ok, as long as it is with him.
She could read him, yeah anything but who does he like, or that is there any spark going to happen between them. She is afraid to read that, she doesn’t want to think about it at all.
Yeah she is madly in love with him, and cannot afford to lose him.

Whoa 1-4-3 Whoa 1-4-3 Yey-Yey-Yeah
It’s not just a simple game of number 143

They walk along the Han river after sneaking out in the middle of the party, they locked their eyes and agreed that they don’t really belong there. The walk silently, shoulders occasionally touching and parts away, as if nothing has happened.
“You know,” Henry speaks up. “I was window shopping and I walked into that shop selling caps that we both like, and I’ve found a cap that…..”
“Yeah you sent me that stupid picture.” Amber interrupts.
“I’m not stupid!” Henry protests. “But the thing is, he has made a couple cap which is really cute and I really want to show you.”
He takes out the caps from his bag, it’s dark out there so she really can’t see the caps clearly, but she is pretty sure that the style of the caps is what she likes.
“See?” He holds them up, one is saying “1-4-3” and another it’s “4-8-6”.
Uh-oh! This is coming! Amber senses that Henry is going to confess to the girl he loves, yeah using the caps she likes, the song that he and she has been working together and the girl has the boy who has been her best friend and her crush.
Amber tries her best to swallow back her tears and does not notice Henry has gotten up and walks up to her.
He puts the cap with “4-8-6” on her hand and plans a kiss on the cap; Amber is watching him putting on “1-4-3” on himself in daze, unable to believe what has just happened.

Cuz your 1-4-3 is my 4-8-6 and I love you are you gonna love me?