04 Ready 2 Love

Henber's 1st mini album

 

 

I just need somebody Is there anybody?
Answer me cuz I’m ready I’m Ready 2 Love
I just need somebody Not just anybody
Come to me cuz I’m ready I’m Ready 2 Love

Everyone who knows Amber from F(x) for more than 3 months would know that, despite her boyish attitude and tomboy look, she is actually very girly.
And by very girly, she is really girly; go ask her sister Jackie, she has said this before to the fans, and this is true, her little sister is a sister, not a brother.
So okay, this is not a fic trying to justify/argue is Amber a girl or not, let’s just get to the point.
Amber has some girl problems, like falling in love with a stupid best friend who is only treating her like a boy.
It’s never easy when you are having a crush on somebody, that somebody is forever on your mind, whatever you do, wherever you are, whoever you are with, that somebody is the one on your mind. There’s no way out, nothing you could do to make you feel better.
And this is worse when you are sick.
The day before the last stage of 1-4-3, Amber feels something is going wrong with her, like bones are burning, light-headed and having a sore throat. But she tells herself, “It’s just because this is the last stage you are going on with snoopy. Forget it, you can’t be sick, you can’t ruin his stage.”
And Henry is everything on her mind.
It turns out that she is really sick the next morning. She walks out of her room still feeling her body arching, she walks into Victoria who is about to wake her up.
“Oh Amber I was going to……” Victoria pauses abruptly and puts her hand on Amber’s forehead. “You are having a fever!”
“No unnie I just woke up so my body temperature is just a little bit higher.” Come on unnie, I have to be there on time!
“Listen to your voice!” Victoria forces her down onto the sofa, busy taking out pills and water and thermometer. “Amber can you not go?” The leader (and mother) is really concern about this little girl; Amber has always been the healthy one, if she is sick, then it must be really serious. “I know what this is meant to you but……. Please, I don’t want anything to happen to any of my member.”
“Sorry unnie, you know I have to go.” She gulps down the water and pills, it burns through but she holds on, trying to look ok in front of her leader. “I have to go, see you later!”
Victoria watches her fellow Chinese member dressing up and packing up busily in the dorm, and she knows Amber is really into it, that she cares the person more than herself.
She signs, looking at Amber closing the door while coughing slightly, but she hopes that her member would be happy at the end.

Yeah, I will run to you, my heartbeat burns louder toward you
Yeah, I will fly on top of the clouds, as if I have everything in this world
I want to show you the fantasy of me and you

It turns out that she is only 5 minutes late, which doesn’t matter because there is a major delay, so she still has plenty of time to do her make up and dress up.
Just when she is filling up the bin with tissues, someone knocks on the door, and she knows that it must be snoopy, just by the sound of the knock.
“Hey snoopy!” She smiles, hoping that she sound normal. She looks at him in Mickey jumper and shorts, with his fair geled to one side, he looks really cute.
“Hey what’s up stitch!” He holds out one hand to give her a high five. “Ready for our last show?”
“Yeah!” She shouts energetically, and continue to joke around with him.
But her heart sinks. “Oh he didn’t notice.”
“Amber? You alright?” Henry waves his hand in front of her, as she seems to be out in her own little world.
She frowns, surprised by the enclosed of distance, which makes her forehead touches on his fingertips.
“Oh my god you are burning!” He puts one hand on her shoulder and the other pressing on her forehead, his hand is cool but she feels her cheeks burning. “You should go back and rest.” He tells her, looking serious.
“No I’m fine.” She pulls off his hands and goes back to sit, he doesn’t know her at all, stupid snoopy.
“No Amber, I can’t ask you to do this for me.” He goes to her again, which makes her heart beating faster and that doesn’t help at all. “I don’t want you to……” She puts on her earphones, which is a clear signal of “I don’t want to walk”.
Henry stares at her back for a few seconds, then says “fine” and walks out of her room.
Amber turns and stares at the door, waiting for him to come back, but no sign. “Stupid snoopy!” She murmurs to herself and turns her mp3 on.
It’s his song again.

Love I’m Ready 2 Love
Everything is perfect, it’s like a dream
Come into my heart, I’m ready 2 love

There are people filming for the “behind the stage” as this is the last stage of 1-4-3, which means that she has to pretend again. Pretending that they are only best friends, that they are partners, that she doesn’t love him.
Cameras are almost everywhere, they stay together, talking in English like normal, and making fun of each other.
“Today is going to be my last stage of 1-4-3, I’m going to miss here so much but this is the last. Time flies.” He answers the interviewer’s questions, and reaches out his arms to hug her, she makes a face.
Normally she doesn’t like people hugging her (she likes it when she goes and hugs people), but her heart is beating so fast and she holds her breathe when he hugged her, they were so close for a second.
They have interviews together, greet their fans together, walk around together; he touches her a lot, but she knows that he is the person who uses his hands a lot when talking.
He touches her because they are best friends, and right now he is very happy.
And she is happy when he is.
She walks on the stage after him, the lights are blinding, the air is still and she feels her footsteps going heavy with every step she walks on the stage.
It’s going to be the end.
She must’ve been walking so slow, because he turns around with a concern look on his face, and he reaches out his hand for her to hold onto.
And she holds on to it, feeling the warmth from it, and she feels secure again.

Yo, I’ve been searching like daily
Someone to call my baby
Are you the love of my life? Or are you another maybe?
I fell for you in just one moment, hey yeah, I fell for you uh
Like those fireworks, let’s rock in outer space baby

Their stage has ended, interviews have ended, everything is over. She sits there as the cody is removing her makeup, she closes her eyes and memories explode in her mind like fireworks: all the 1-4-3 stages they were doing together, the texts and calls they makes to each other during the promotion of “trap” and “rum pum pum pum”, the time they spend together with their friends, the time they sneak out when they were trainees, the first time they met each other. She is not even sure when was the moment she fell for him, there were just too many moments he has touched her heart, that there were too many things they have been through together, that this person became so important and you can’t tear him apart from your life.
She feels tears forming in her eyes, so she keeps her eyes shut.

“Are you the love of my life? Or are you another maybe?”

That’s her thought before she falls asleep.

 

I’m ready to make you smile, my heart rushes
Drive me crazy, I put my everything to prepare for this start baby
A good girl in a cruel world It’s something hard to find
Sent from above gotta show that love
My baby come and ease my mind let’s go!

“Amber!” Henry walks into her waiting room with his hands holding a large bag. “Amb…..?” He sees her falling asleep on the chair, still sitting; he walks quietly to her side, grabs a chair and sits besides her. He stares at her, her face looks clean with the makeup removed, he likes it better this way; is slightly open because she can’t breathe with her nose; her hands clenching tightly on her jeans, he puts his hands on hers to sooth them. Feeling something touches her, she opens her eyes, and it’s Henry looking at her, his hands on hers.
Unable to react, she looks into his eyes and does not dare to move. He smiles and takes out things one by one from the shopping bag.
“I didn’t see you have lunch so I bought a sandwich, just eat some even if you are not hungry; here are pills, candy good for your throat and I’ve brought you back some warm water.” He looks up from the bag. “Amber? Amb? Why… why are you crying? Are you feeling very sick? We can go to the doctor now!”
She shakes her head, and tries to stop crying, which only results in crying louder.
“Amber what’s wrong? Did I do anything wrong?” He asks, while looking for tissue.
She shakes her head again; why, why is he so nice to her?
Henry looks at the out of control Amber in front of her, he reaches out his arms and hugs her, this time he is not letting go unless she requests to do so.
“Please don’t cry Amber.” He says softly into her ears. “I don’t want to see you cry, please.”
She sobs softly.
“Please don’t cry, I would do anything, everything just to make you smiles again.” He hugs her tightly, she feels like dreaming, but his hug is so strong almost forcefully which makes her believe this is true.
“W-why?” She manages to speak.
“Why?” He laughs, and looks at her in the eyes; his right hand slips into her hands and holds them, he leans in close and presses a peck on her forehead.
It burns.

Come to me cuz I’m ready I’m Ready 2 Love