05 Holiday

Henber's 1st mini album

*Please note that this fic does NOT relate to real life.

 

 

“Ooh Yeah You ready?”

Amber marches up to the boys’ dorm, which would be weird as she is a girl, but her tom-boy look and her boyish acts make every boy in the dorm feeling comfortable to let her in.
She is a year 2 student at the SM High School, many junior recognizes her as she passes by, the handsome senior is always one of the favourite topics among the girls in their classes, that how Amber is handsome and cool and cute, can sing, dance and rap, yet she is a girl; and that got Amber a bunch of girl fans. The juniors bow and watch her passes by them without saying anything, which is unusual as Amber is always polite and playful, she would stop and chat with them for a while, and they wonder why is she even here in the boys’ dorm.
“Is Amber moving in?” One of the juniors jokes.
“You idiot, Amber is a girl.” Others come up and scold on the non-sense.
“But why is she here?”
The junior watch in silence, thinking of a reasonable answer to this.
“You guys will see when they come down later.” The juniors turn and see the tall Canadian Chinese, their captain and head of the Dorm, Kris speaking to them.
They all bow to the tall me and wait for him to explain further.
He smirks and the juniors feel there’s a chill down their spines.
“You guys are that free to gossip huh? I think I’d better start the inspection 15 minutes earlier today since you guys are all ready.”
They all look at each other in terror, and start to rush to their rooms while shouting “No we’re not ready! Please 15minutes!”
Kris smirks again and murmurs to himself, “Henry you’re owning me once again.”

“You keep wearing clothes that I don’t like (uh uh ooh oh no)

When we’re together, you always look at your phone (uh uh ooh oh no)

I don’t want to ask, even if you tell me, nothing will change

The more intense we are, the more exhausted we become

The last voice mail, I had fun because of you (uh uh ooh oh no)”

Henry nearly tripped over as he got out of bed because of the intensely loud knocking on his room’s door. He was composing a new song and worked on it lately last night, and didn’t go to bed until it’s 4.
He groans and opens the door, ready to yell at the annoying person who woke him up on Saturday morning.
“WHA---“ He was going to swear until he sees it’s Amber standing there.
“Stitch? What are you doing here?” Maybe it’s just a dream, cause he doesn’t think they would let a girl into a boys’ dorm.
“Get dressed Snoopy, we’re going to have a walk.” She sound really cheerful.
“Amber, ummm I appreciate your suggestion, but no thanks, I would rather go to bed.” Henry closes the door and turns around.
But as he heads to his bedroom, he finds that Amber is standing in his way.
“Wow how did you get in?” He jumps.
“You let me in! C’mon let’s get going.” Amber is already packing his bag for him.
Although Amber is a girl, she has in fact, been to this boys’ dorm, namely Henry’s room, many times; therefore she is really familiar with all the things in Henry’s room. And that is because of her two beset friends Henry and Kris.
Their friendship started two years ago, Amber and Henry being ABC and Canadian Chinese studying in a Korean boarding school, they became friends immediately as they were they only people who needed to stay behind for extra Korean lessons in the class, and it was until last year that Kris joined them as he changed school.
Before Kris was here, Amber used to sneak to the boys’ dorm at night, both of them would do their homework together because Korean was too hard, and they would be able to talk to each other in English. After Kris has come, Amber got into the dorm even easier as Kris became the inspector of the dorm.
The three foreigners would spend time together doing homework, watching basketball games, making dinner, playing music and sometimes sneak out to play.
“Amber… I’m really tired now, I just want to go back and sleep.” Henry is trying to convince his best friend. Normally he is happy to hang out with her, it’s always fun, but he needs sleep now.
“You know… I just broke up like two days ago…Leave me alone.” It’s not that Henry is sad about it, on the contrary, he was relieved that their relationship has ended finally. It’s not that Henry fell for another girl or something, it’s just they couldn’t find any common topic, Henry doesn’t feel attach to the girl anymore, and everytime they are having a date, he felt bored, and so as the girl.
Amber freezes for a moment, she didn’t expect Henry would bring that up, and that’s also the reason why she is here in the Saturday morning, she is afraid that Henry is feeling down or something, since he was with that girl for almost a year long.
She cares about him, almost everyone in their class knows about it, Kris knows about it, and only he doesn’t.
“5 minutes snoopy.” Henry catches the t-shirt Amber threw to him, he sighs as Amber continues to pack his stuff, he knows he has to go. He picks up a pair of jeans on the back on the chair, and looks for his phone to send a text to Kris, hoping that Kris would not go and inspect his room.

Hey Yeah Think I need a Holiday

Hey Yeah, I want to follow the sun

Hey Yeah, I don’t know where that will be

Don’t wanna wait wait
Hey Yeah Think I need a Holiday

Hey Yeah, before I go crazy

Hey Yeah, time is too precious to think about it

No I need a Holiday

“Oh man how did you find this restaurant?” Henry asks while stuffing his mouth with food. They are sitting in a Taiwanese restaurant, having buns, rice rolls and milk tea for their brunch. “I haven’t have milk tea for such a long time!”
His ex-girlfriend doesn’t like these kinds of restaurant, she thinks they are “dirty”, she only goes to those high-class restaurants to have English breakfast or whatsoever.
“You know,” Amber takes a sip of the milk tea, it’s always her favourite drink. “You and Kris were SO in love with your girlfriends and don’t have time to notice me, so I just walk around the place on my own, and found this awesome restaurant by chance.”
“You should’ve asked me to come earlier!” Henry protests.
“You and your little girlfriend used to have dates every weekends!” She is jealous of that girl, how could she occupy most of Henry’s free time, doing things he doesn’t like to do.
Henry stays quiet and attacks the omelett, she is right, he has put aside his friends for a while. At first he still tried to reason with his girlfriend that he spends time with Amber AND Kris, not just Amber, and his girlfriend went with it. However she demanded more and more, she wanted him to spend more time with her, she would cry and that made him feel really bad. He thought Amber would be ok as she has lots of friends, and Kris would also be there.
But she is right, he has forgotten about their friendship.
Seeing Henry being quiet and feeling guilty, Amber feels bad. “Hey it’s alright, I have lots of friends so I don’t necessary need you two to be with me.”
Henry looks up and gives her a sympathetic smile. “I’m sorry~”
Amber rolls her eyes and gets up, “C’mon if you’re done Let’s get going. There are lots of places you’ll have to go today.”
It turns out this is the best weekend in a year ever, that he doesn’t need to go to places he is not used to, he can dress casually, and he could laugh, not faking it.
They were cycling all over the place, they go to skate-boarding which Henry didn’t do it for many years, he got on and tripped over himself, Amber laughs at him so badly.
Then they go to eat, just stop and eat when they see the food; he doesn’t need to mind the goddamn table manner, they just enjoy their food.
Amber also brings him to see the street dance battle, it is so cool that he also joins in and dances a bit. The sun is burning hot and he is sweating like hell, but he doesn’t care, and neither does Amber. She only comes over and laughs at him, about how dirty he is looking and how stupid he was when he was dancing, and hands over a bottle of ice water, that feels better than any expansive coffee.
They spend the rest of the afternoon in the basketball court the three of them used to play basketball together, they wanted to call up Kris but he is dating, they both laugh at him over the phone, which feels really good to laugh at Mr Perfect.
They have dinner at the Mexican Restaurant they used to go there when they were not used to Korean food, they had a long talk with the waiters and chefs there as they were really close. They went to the super market to buy some drinks and snack, both of them sneak back to the dorm as it is real late.
They have popcorn and watch some stupid cartoons and movies, Henry couldn’t remember when was the last time he had a good laugh over a movie, he just watched those “romantic” movies with her girlfriend which were extremely boring. They even play guitar together even though it’s late, they are noisy they know it, but they don’t care, because it’s only Kris who is living next to Henry. Kris comes over and yells at them, tell them to get lost and keep quiet, they both laugh and continue to party, and only stops when Kris mentions about their stupid ugly photos he has got on his camera.
Henry swears to himself that he has to get hold of something about Kris, sooner or later.

Hey Yeah, don’t look so worried

And Hey Yeah, this is just my way

After Amber comes out of the shower, she finds that Henry is already asleep on the sofa. She smiles and comes over to his side, she sees there’s smile on his face. She’s glad that he is happy, and that’s really what she wishes.
Henry has always been the cheerful and carefree big boy in their class, but since he’s got that girlfriend, he’s been weighting down a ton, not able to be himself, he’s tired.
She knows she sound bad, because she likes him, but she has to say that she’s glad they are finally over. Henry can be himself again, the Henry that she (and Kris) can laugh with, the Henry that would have fun, mess around and play pranks on others together, the Henry that she loves.
She sighs lightly as she stands up, grabbing a blanket and put it on Henry; she takes one more look at Henry and turns off the light.
“Goodnight snoopy.” She says it to the snoopy doll which she gave Henry as his birthday present, and sleep tightly on Henry’s bed.
Henry turns as he sleeps, he’s having a dream, a pleasant one. He is doing what he has done today; he’s having a holiday, a real, carefree one, but he is holding a girl’s hand, running around and laughing together. The girl is slim but healthy, she is not putting on fancy dress on a mini skirt; she is wearing t-shirt and shorts, she is playing basketball and running around, her short hair ruffles in the air as she jumps. Henry couldn’t see the girl’s features as she has put on a cap, a cap that he likes, he wants to take it off from the girl but she keeps running away, laughing at him that he’s so slow.
He smiles and runs to catch her, he thinks this girl is familiar.
They continue to run, running into the blaze of sunlight.
 

Hey Yeah Think I need a Holiday

Hey Yeah, before I go crazy

Hey Yeah, time is too precious to think about it

No I need a Holiday