Chapter 7

Jekyll or Hyde?

Ken's p.o.v

Ken woke up to find two pictures of her on his dresser. He could swear that there was only one the previous day, with her wearing the white dress. There was an identical picture, with her wearing a black dress. He was positive that he hasn't taken that picture. But how could it have come onto his dresser without him keeping it there? It was a mystery. He had to meet her mother too. He dressed extremely conservatively in a shirt and tie, with the hopes of impressing her mother. He went to her house, to find only her mother there. She told him that his girlfriend had gone to the grocery store. Her mother motioned him to the couch saying, 'There's something about my daughter that I think you should know about. She spends a lot of time in her room, talking to herself. Ever since her sister died, she has been acting very queer. Come, let me show you her room'. Her room was divided into two. On one side, the walls were pink, and on the other, they were painted black. It was as if two people lived there. But her mother had told him that she was now an only child. 

Your p.o.v

When you returned from the grocery store, you found Ken with your mother. She triumphantly told you that she had told your boyfriend everything about you. You had never believed your mother when she told you that your twin was dead. Ken looked at you with fear in his eyes. What was wrong with you? Why did your mother have to tell him all that? You felt so angry, that you just wanted to break everything in sight. After Ken left, you burst into tears and ran up to your room and locked yourself in. Ken probably thought you were a freak. He didn't believe the fact that Minji was still alive. If Minji had heard what your mother had said, she would be really furious. She was scary when she was angry. 

Minji's p.o.v

Minji watched as her sister kept throwing stuff across their room. It was time to put in an appearance in front of their mother. Did she really think that Minji didn't exist? Minji walked down and said, 'Mom, what have you done? Why do you always do this to us? If you want me to leave, then I really will go somewhere far away. Just don't make her upset again. Why do you look at me as though I'm a ghost? Mom, I'm real. Why can't you believe that fact?' Minji went back to her room to comfort her sister. If that Ken guy couldn't see how wonderful her sister was, it was his loss.