Gravity

Only You

WARNING! UNEDITED!

Gravity, n.

-the force of attraction by which terrestrial bodies tend to fall toward the centre of the earth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is an inexplicable force that draws you to people; something that many people call chemistry; others may call it love. Whatever that is, it can make someone be your world. Taemin and Naeun were each other’s centre. Be it talking on the phone or talking face to face; near or far; their hearts had belonged to each other. Their one month separation would be hard, but they would get through it.

SMTOWN had arrived at the Los Angeles leg of their tour. This would be their last stop in the United States before playing some venues in Europe, then finally returning home. Los Angeles would also be one of the pit stops on their tour where the artists could have some free time before and after the concert date.

Today, SHINee and some members of EXO decided to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain. Upon arrival, they purchased some tickets and agreed to go their separate ways and just meet up at the entrance when they were about to leave. Seeing the amusement park, Taemin couldn’t help but think of Naeun. He thought about all the fun times that they could have had together, and he made a mental note to himself that one day, he would take her here, and they would go on all the rides together. Seeing couples walking around holding hands, eating candy floss and ice cream also made Taemin jealous because he couldn’t have Naeun beside him. More than that, he couldn’t even contact Naeun right now because the time differences would mean that he interrupted her sleep time and he knew that she had a whole day of schedules especially because of her drama filming. Taemin felt someone nudge him on the shoulder.

“Taemin-ah, are you coming? Or are you going to stand there wide-eyed, with your mouth open?”

Taemin took a moment to regain his senses, then followed Kai to Tatsu, the roller coaster that he wanted to go on. Six Flags Magic Mountain was known to be a thrill-seeker’s adventure playground, and this first ride embodied exactly that. It was fast, made your head spin, and got the adrenaline pumping through your veins. Taemin felt the wind hitting his face, and his heart beating fast, but his mind was elsewhere. He only thought about how Naeun would have loved going on this ride. The next rides that they went on were also fun and exciting. After a while, Taemin eventually got into the experience of the ride, but once the thrill slowly started to subside as the ride slowed to a halt, his mind naturally wondered to what a certain girl in Korea was doing.

“Jongin-ah, I’m hungry. Can we eat? It’s past lunch time anyway…”

“Geurae.”

They chose to eat ‘American style’ and ordered some fries, a giant hamburger and a can of Coca-Cola from Mooseburger Lodge. They made small talk and commented on how they were going to finish the gigantic portions of food.

“What do you want to do after eating?”

“I think we should walk off some of the food. The rides here are a bit too extreme if we go on a full stomach. I was thinking that I wanted to go to some of the souvenir stores and see what I can buy…”

“For Naeun?”

“Mmmm…you know me too well.”

“Of course. You didn’t enjoy the rides like you usually would. I know you’ve been missing her a lot. Your face during the rides were so funny.”

“Wae?”

“Your body was physically on the ride and was experiencing the wind and the speed, but your mind was elsewhere. Basically, your face was being made into funny faces because of the speed and your hair when we went upside down looked like you’d just been electrocuted!”

“I’m glad there were no photos then…”

“Actually…there were. There was a shop where you could buy the photo of yourself on the ride.”

Kai dug through his bag and presented Taemin with a bag. Inside were the photos he was talking about.

“While you were off staring into space, I went and bought them. I got two for you in case you wanted to give one to Naeun. I think she’ll love this…”

“Thanks, bro!”

Taemin put them into his bag, but not before taking a photo with his phone and then sending it to Naeun via Kakaotalk with a caption that read: “This is what you’re missing out on…Good morning! I love you <3”

Kai and Taemin walked into some of the shops, browsing through all the products that they had to offer. Taemin finally found something that he thought Naeun would like at the DC Superstore. He found a Superman outfit for himself and a Wonderwoman outfit for Naeun. He thought that they could use it during one of their dates at home together. After purchasing the items, Taemin and Kai went on a few more rides, then went home with the other boys to the hotel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APINK had finished a successful comeback and the members were enjoying some leisure time in between going on variety shows, and for Eunji and Naeun, filming for their respective dramas. Naeun had a busy day today. She would be filming for her drama in the morning to early afternoon and then heading to a ‘Happy Together’ recording from late afternoon to night time, and so, she decided to sleep early to be prepared for a long and tiring day. She was woken up with a message from her boyfriend. She had to stifle her laughter as it was early in the morning and Hayoung was sleeping. The photograph along with the caption had made her laugh. She sent a quick “gwiyeowo” as a reply, and then headed back to dream land, imaging that she was having fun with Taemin at the amusement park.

She arrived on set at around 6.30am, where she was sent directly to hair, makeup and then costuming. Today’s scene was to be the first time that she would hold hands with her character’s love interest. When she had finished preparation, she waited on a park bench. The scene was being filmed at a park. It was going to be a romantic date between the two leads, and the male character was going to take initiative and hold her hand.

Naeun had managed to complete the scene in two takes. It was funny, she thought. Even though this was acting, and it was a job, she compared holding Taemin’s hand to that of her co-star. She realised that there was no comparison. She had immersed herself into character, but personally there were no butterflies that emerged in her stomach. It was even further confirmation that Naeun was completely in love with Taemin, and further proved to her that during their virtual marriage she had taken a liking to him early on in the relationship. She smiled at the memory, and then began to trace invisible patterns on her left hand.

“Naeun-ssi, thinking about Taemin-ssi again?”

“Oh…ah…ne.”

“I know you weren’t trying to hurt my pride, but you were thinking of him when we filmed the scene, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Both of you match well together. He makes you smile, even if you just think of him.”

They heard someone calling to Naeun. It was time for her to meet her members at her next schedule.

“Goodbye, Oppa. I’ll see you at our next filming.”

She bowed to him and then ran off.

That night, Naeun was completely exhausted.  She was ready to jump straight into bed, until her iPad began to signal that she was receiving an incoming call on Skype. She felt the stress of the day roll right out of her body. She went on the application, and saw her boyfriend smiling from ear to ear.

“Naeun-ah, annyeong!”

“Oppa!”

“How was your day?”

“It was good. We filmed some scenes for the drama, then I went with the girls to film for ‘Happy Together’. How about you?”

“I think you saw the photo I sent you…I have a present for you when I get back. How was filming?”

“Mmmm…I held hands with the guy today…”

“How was it?”

“Definitely, not near as good as when I hold hands with you.”

“And the variety show?”

“They were trying to set up Chorong unnie with one of the guys and it was really funny. They said that I looked too comfortable because I knew I had a boyfriend. I think my cheeks gave me away.”

“That’s my girl.”

Naeun yawned.

“I think you should sleep. You seem tired.”

“It’s okay, Oppa. I want to talk to you. I miss you…”

“I miss you too, but you need your rest. We can talk again tomorrow. I love you…”

“I love you too…Night, baby.”

No matter how far Taemin and Naeun are from each other, they’re always joined in some way or form. They pull each other back down to Earth and remind each other that they are more than just idols: they’re normal people who are experiencing life and love.