Curve ball

Whats the worst thing you've ever done?

With her head pounding loudly, Chaerin woke up in bed. She let out a deep sigh. Last night had gotten crazy. After her liaison with Seunghyun, she had met up with Dongwoo, much to the disappointment of the gaggle of girls surrounding him and they had hit the bar, hard. Chaerin maybe have popped some party favors, but still the night had called for it. How on earth did GD happen to be in the same club as her? She sighed again, Korea was way too small for her liking.

Rolling over, her hand connected with a body, upon closer inspection it seemed to belong to a man. Freaking out Chaerin did a quick body check, she was still wearing her bra and . Even then, she'd brought a guy home. Her father would have a fit, she'd be... well, dead. She flopped back on the bed, her head moving at 100 miles an hour, she need to find some way to get him out unnoticed. The back gate was always a good solution, no one except the gardener used it. She didn't even think if her parents knew it existed. First things first though. Time to wake up sleeping beauty.

Pulling back the covers Chaerin gasped then smiled. There laid a very tired looking Dongwoo. "Yah! Dongwoo!" she poked him in the stomach, "get up!"

Dongwoo grunted before rolling over.

"Seriously! Dongwoo you need to get up!"

"Why?" he mumbled.

"I need to get you out of my house. Before my parents find out."

Dongwoo rolled over, "what do you mean your house? We're at my house."

Chaerin glanced around the room, giving herself a mental head slap. She may have not lived at home for the last 3 years, but still, the difference between the two were far to great. Dongwoo's apartment was simplistic, white with black ts. The furniture was classy, but still cheap. Her mother judged class on the price tag, something Chaerin really couldn't stand.

", sorry Dongwoo". Chaerin picked up her phone from the floor. "I didn't realise...." her voice trailed off as she saw the time. "Can you call me a cab?"

"Why?"

"I need to be the office at 10. Which means I have a little under an hour to get home, dress and get there" Chaerin was in a little bit of a panic. She knew her father would have her head if she was late. He was a man who hated waiting for anyone but himself.

Dongwoo groaned, "just hail one from down stairs."

"Gee, thanks". Chaerin gave her friend a slap, "you're such a good friend" she remarked before throwing her clothes on and storming out the door. She really didn't have time for a fight.

* * * * *

15 minutes later Chaerin had already made it home. She had used the back entrance and thankfully not ran into anyone. Chances are her father would be already at work and her mother would no doubt be asleep, but she wasn't going to take that chance. After a quick shower she rummaged through her suit case, the other boxes of hers had yet to arrive, so she had to make do with what was here. Picking her favourite high waisted leather pants, she paired it up with a graphic crop tee and black sneakers (her father's company was hip hop anyway). Tipping out the remainder of her suitcase she spied a black jacket. Grinning she tired it on and it was perfect. Thanks GD.

Calling a cab, she quickly ran downstairs to say goodbye to her mother, but was surprised to find nobody there. Where had she gone at such an early hour? After a quick search of the house, Chaerin's phone rang to tell her that the cab was waiting outside. She glanced at the time, 9:41am. Smiling, she walked out to meet it. She had plenty of time to get to the office and be waiting for her father, ready, just the way he liked it.

Smiling at the security guard, she entered the offices without being stopped, without being questioned, without being disturbed. That was at least one good thing to come out of this whole CEO daddy thing. People knew, so they didn't have to ask and even if they didn't, they couldn't. She pressed the call button for the elevator and was surprised to see Mino and Taehyun inside when the doors slid open.

"Miss" Mino bowed. "Sorry we'll leave...." Formal.

Chaerin smiled, "seriously, don't worry about it", she walked in, standing between the two confused boys. "Look there's heaps of room".

"Still. You must want to take the elevator in peace, we're just an annoyance." Taehyun contributed. Formal again.

"Seriously guys, its fine"

"But we're...."

Chaerin was feed up, "you know the only thing annoying me is how formal you're speaking to me." She sighed, "you guys were so friendly when you first met me and now after you know who my father is, you're treating me like a princess. I hate it! Urgghh!"

"Miss....er Chaerin-ssi.... What can we do?" Mino was on crisis control

"Just talk to me normally, treat me like you did before...." Chaerin trailed off, "oh and ride this damn elevator with me".

Taehyun began to laugh uncontrollably, despite Mino's attempts to censor him. "I'm sorry Chaerin-ssi" he struggled between breaths, "I just can't stop".

Chaerin giggled, joining in the laughter, "All good Taehyun. We're friends here. Now.." she pointed to the buttons, "what floor are you guys going to?"

* * * * *

Chaerin checked the time on her phone for the hundredth time. It wasn't like her father to be this late, she'd been sitting up on his leather guest couch for a good hour and her stomach was rumbling quiet loudly. DAMN IT DAD! Where are you? She was almost about call him and demand his where abouts when a text came through;

Chaerin-ah

I'm in the 2nd recording studio

Come here.

She was pissed, no doubt about it. He'd clearly known she was in, but he'd waited for an hour before telling her where to go. Grumbling she exited his office and asked his receptionist where the recording studio was. She cheerfully explained how to get, which pissed Chaerin off more. Geeze woman, you work for my dad. How can you be this cheerful about it?

Thankfully she didn't run into anyone as she made her way back down to the second level and into the maze of recording studios. Because there was no glass on the door, Chaerin had to try a few doors till she reached the right one. Her father sat at the large back table, his cap covering his eyes and a large coffee near his right hand. He didn't even bother to look up as she entered, as if to say he didn't care.

"Eyy Chaerin!" Teddy greeted her with a high five, "how's it going girl?"

Chaerin grinned, she always liked Teddy. Though he worked for her dad there was something real about him. Like he was in it just for the music. "Good good Teddy. I'm actually about to start my first day here".

"Working?"

"Yup. Father thought it was time for me to learn the business". She always used the formal version of Father around her dad's employees.

"Wow, thats great. You're certainly growing up girl". Teddy grinned before her father interrupted them.

"Lets go one more time." He spoke into the mic, "GDragon are you ready?"

"Yes", came the reply. Chaerin was confused, she'd heard that voice some where.

Taking a seat she closed her eyes as the music started to play. The ereary synth instantly brought back memories of London. Chaerin couldn't help but smiled as the rock beat kicked in, visions of her friends, Katie, AJ and Mitch floated in front of her. She knew she had been out of control, but truthfully it was the best time she'd ever had. She had lived more in those three years then the rest of her life. As she listened to the song, her trip down memory lane continued, drawing tears. She missed them, all of them and since her departure she hadn't really thought of them at all. It was as if she'd locked them away, never to be seen or talked of again... until she heard this song.

When the song finally finished, Chaerin just wanted to curl up in a ball and listen to it over and over again. Relive London over again, and well maybe differently. But as fate would have it, she couldn't. With her father on her case she had to be professional, at least here. Not wanting to draw attention to herself, she quickly touched up her make up, making sure she'd hadn't let her mascara run or something equally embarrassing.

"Chaerin", he father called her.

"Yes?"

"Did you like the song?"

She hummed, this was a test, "it was okay. Good enough for Kpop".

"I see..." her father said. "Well, you better get used to it, cause you're GDragon's new manager".

"Manager? But what about University?" Chaerin was shocked.

"We'll work around it". He spoke into the mic again, "GDragon, come out and meet your new manager."

Chaerin stared at the door to the recording booth with anticipation. Who was this GDragon that her father spoke well of? The future global star. She froze as a guy around her age stepped out from the booth. "Hi" he said cheerfully, "I'm GDragon."

Chaerin was speechless. GDragon? GD? In front of her stood the guy she just couldn't seem to get away from; the one she had used in London. He was the infamous GDragon.

"Do you recognise him?" Her father smiled. "Its Kwon Ji Yong. You know the boy you went to school with."

Chaerin nodded slowly. GDragon. GD. Kwon Ji Yong. "Yes....." she stuttered.

"You're his new manager"

GD smirked, "I've missed you Dokk Chae. Trust your time in London was fun".

"Kwon Ji Yong" Chaerin shook his hand.

"Just call me Ji Yong", he looked her up and down. "Nice jacket by the way. Where did you get it?"

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Another update. Tell me what you think so far.

Comments, upvotes and suggestions welcome. It keeps me writing.

I'll try and get something up in the next few days. Weeee!