Footsteps

The One Who Stays

 

Monday, 10p.m: He thought it was just a cat thrashing the rubbish bin. The sound has been bothering him lately.

 

Tuesday, 10.15p.m: He swore he saw a shadow behind the wall right at the end of the street near Eri’s house.

 

Wednesday, 8a.m: He accepted the blue roses’ delivery as usual and chucked it in the trash can as soon as he saw Eri.

 

Thursday,10.30p.m: He kept waiting near the window to see if there was anyone outside the house. Right when he was about to go to bed, a weird sound was heard near the gate. The same bouquet of blue roses that he threw yesterday was on the street. He recognized it because he threw his chewing gum on one of the roses.

 

Friday, 12p.m: It was a really cold night. He was going back to Eri’s house from the store to buy a ramen cup. Step, step, step… the ominous sound of footsteps coming closer and closer towards him. When he turned back, there was no one. He went back late that night because he was checking all around the area for any suspicious person.

 

Saturday, 9a.m: Eri never went to work on Saturday. He asked her about it but he was always ignored so he had to go to work alone. At the cafe, Hakyeon asked him if he was fine. He was told that he looks sick but he doesn’t feel it yet.

 

Sunday, 8.45a.m: Eri was knocking on the door repetitively. He didn’t understand why she had to do that. He felt awfully dizzy. He got up and walked towards the door. It was funny to him because every single step he took to grab the door knob, it felt like miles away. He fell on the floor with a thud and someone screaming for his name.

 

 

To be continued…