Too Fast?

Stole My Heart

Something's up. Kai can see it from the conflicted expression on her face. Rose's usual attentive eyes seem so distant, as if she's pondering over something. Kai thinks she needs a little peace for a while. He gets up, brushes the visble dirt off his pants and walks towards her. Rose is too into her own thoughts to even notice him walking over, until he grabs her hand and leads her forward. 

Trying to keep up with Kai's pace, she asks, "Kai, where are we going? Do we have another assignment?" This sudden action suprised Rose but feeling Kai's warm hand enclosing hers made Rose forget about what she saw earlier. This small gesture reminded her of why she liked Kai in the first place. Everyone knows him as the cool and mysterious dancer. He doesn't have a girl friend because no one can ever match his personailty. You have to be amazing, probably a goddess, to get Kai to like you, but from Rose's perspective, Kai isn't like this at all. When she saw him dance in the cafeteria, being cheered on, she just saw a guy whose passion is dancing. She saw Kai as someone that's comfortable around his friends, someone whose actually shy but polite when it comes to strangers. 

"I want to show you something," Kai turned back to look at Rose with a geniune smile. She couldn't help but smile in return. 

They abruptly came to a stop and when Rose looked ahead of her, her small lips formed a "o" shape. The older boy saw her reaction and laughed. In front of them is a rice field, hundreds of workers picking out rice. From a distance, this field that was a normal scene for the villagers, was probably the most beautiful thing that Rose ever saw. Being surrounded by all the city lights and the beeping sounds of traffic, she's never thought to come to the country side and be asorbed in this serene environment. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Kai asked and Rose nodded her head repeatedly. 

"How did you know about this place?" she inquired. 

"I would come here all the time when I was a kid. My mom used to be one of those hard-working women picking out rice, until she met my dad and had me. Even after moving to Seoul and getting a better paid job, she never forgot her roots so we would come here every summer. Now, my parents pratically live in work so that tradition stopped, but I still come here from time to time by myself. Like dancing, this place helps me clear my mind." Kai gave a gentle smile. He's never shown any of his friends his little safe place but it felt alright to show Rose. He has no idea why though. 

"I love it. I love it so much!" Rose replied feeling all giddy. "I think it's magic is working on me." 

Kai laughed. I think your magic is working on me.. 

"Come on, let's go down there", the younger one said excitedly. She wrapped her hand around Kai's wrist and dragged him down towards the rice fields. Half way there, Kai stopped, forcing Rose to be yanked back. 

"I don't want to bother those workers.. Let's just sit over there?" Kai suggested, pointing to a patch of grass not to far from the rice field. Rose let out a sigh but she complied. After sitting down, pretzel-style, the atmosphere was a little awkward. 

"So....", Rose started, tapping her knees. 

"So.... What a great weather we're having right?"

"Yup... Wait no... I think it's going to rain later..."

"Oh yeah, I think you're right..." 

"But right now it's nice.." 

"Yeah it's really-" 

"AAAHHHHHHH! OH. MY. GAWD. DON'T KILL ME. KAI IT'S GOING TO KILL ME. I DON"T WANNA DIE LIKE THIS." 

Kai was dying of laughter, his stomach literally hurting at this unforgettable scene. Rose had jumped up, hid behind Kai and was shouting, pointing even, in fear of a frog. A cute, little, harmless frog. 

"It's not funny! That thing was really going to kill me!", Rose complained. After Kai had carried the little creature to the nearby pond, he came back, only to continue laughing at what just happened. 

"You are just like Sehun, you know that? See a little thing and start freaking out over it."

"Hey! A chicken and that beast are completely two different things." 

Kai chuckled, "Whatever, scaredy-cat." 

"Ya!", Rose lightly slapped his forearms

Na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae, na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae, na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae~

Kai's cellphone was ringing and he sheepishly retrieved his phone and spoke, "Hello?" Rose giggled at his "threatening" ringtone. 

After a few nods, and "I love you, too", Kai let out a nervous laugh. 

"Ah, that was my mom wondering if I had an umbrella." 

"Aww", Rose cooed. "Haha, my mom would care less if I had an umbrella."

"Really? She's always worrying over small things like that. What about your dad?"

Her smile went down and her eyes suddenly took an interest on the blade-cut grass. 

"My dad passed away when I was around 2..."

Kai's face fell. "Oh, I'm so sorr-" 

"It's okay, really," Rose smiled reassuringly. "You actually reminded me of him when you compared me to a white rose because of what it symbolized. That's why my dad called me Rose." 

Kai remebered that, but he didn't just say that because she seemed innocent and pure. 

"There's more to what I said", he gave a gentle smile and looked down but Rose was 100 percent sure she saw him blush. Before she had time to react, she froze, feeling a warm hand interwine with hers. 

"I find white roses incredibly beautiful... I find this Rose incredibly beautiful", he said squeezing her hand to show her who he was referring to. 

Just then his cell phone vibrated. He regretfully untwined his hands from Rose, reached into his pockets and read the text before letting out a huge sigh. Meanwhile Rose just stared in front of her. At the grass, at the field, at the stupid frog, at anything but Kai. He called me beautiful. Kai called me beautiful. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L... The girl was just mentally freaking out. 

"According to Chanyeol, Ms. Lu is looking for us. We should head back now."

Rose forgot they were on school trip. She stuck out her bottom lip, "I really don't want to leave this place" 

"I promise, we'll come back another time," Kai said comfortingly, ruffling Rose's hair in the process. 

"Ya!" Rose's hair looked all messy now, but she was just about to get payback. "Let's race back and whoever wins get's to have the loser as their slave for a day." 

"Your on," the male accepted the challenge with a smirk. 

Rose had a smug look on her face. All her nervousness went away and her competitive side took over. She was told that she was the fastest runner in her last high school. But she didn't know...

"Three" 

That her classmates meant...

"Two" 

She was only the fastest...

"One!" 

Out of all the girls. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kai, Rose, where have you been? We're getting ready to leave, get all of your stuff and head into the school bus!" Ms. Lu commanded once she saw the two student run over. 

The teacher wasn't so satisfied with the little work that was done so this trip definitely wasn't going to happen again. She had to constantly apologize to the villagers for the mess that Baekhyun and Chen created. They were supposed to clean up the barn but they made it worse. All the chickens were let loose causing Sehun to almost have a heart attack and while Luhan was trying to catch them all, the rest of junior class was off mulling around. All the girls would not stop taking pictures of Chanyeol or asking for his hand in marriage. 

Chanyeol was so glad that they were finally getting back on the bus, mainly because it meant sitting next to Rose. He climbed into the bus, sat down in the same seat as before, but she wasn't in the bus. Then he heard Ms. Lu calling out her name so he peered through the window. That's when he saw her, with a shocked expression on her face. She was looking at a really sweaty Kai, her whole face turning red. 

What did Kai say to her? 

But then Rose nodded her head and made her way inside the bus. She sat down next to Chanyeol but she didn't face him. 

"Hey, are you ok-" Chanyeol started. 

Rose covered her face with her hands. "I lost a race to Kai, so I have to be his slave on Monday, the whole day," he abruptly explained. 

"So.. what's wrong with that? Knowing him, he might just tell you to do little tasks. He doesn't not look like it but he's a pretty shy guy so-" 

"I'm not complaining," Rose interrupts once again. She puts a hand to her chest, "It's just so sudden, so random. I don't know if I can just pretend to not like it, cause if I don't then it would be too obvious.." She trails off. 

Chanyeol is just confused, "What are you talking about? What did he say?"

"He wants me to be his girlfriend for the day." 

 

Hello lovely readers~~ I hope this chapter gave you some info about Kai's character more so sorry about the little Chanyeol parts. I promise there will be more next. Meanwhile, enhoy the cute Kai gif ^^ 

Like always, please comment, vote, or subsrbie. Me and admin 2 get so happy when we see a new comment or reader!! Thank you!~~~~~~~~~~~