Chickens

Stole My Heart

Mud, hay, animals THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. For a city boy like Sehun, this trip isn't even remotely exciting. But he's the only one freaking out, standing beside Chanyeol, trying to keep his distance away from the chicken approaching. Chanyeol doesn't think of the younger boy cowering behind him. He doesn't feel the tug on the hem of his hoodie. Instead, his mind is wondering to what happened earlier on the bus. Usually Rose is always eager to talk. He was sitting right next to her but when he tried to make conversation, it was like she was so far away. Was she mad at him for sleeping so much? Why was she ignoring him? The only response he got from her was a nod. Chanyeol didn't even get to see a glimpse of her face. Instead, the beautiful scenery passing by the school bus windows did.

Chanyeol sighed. It seems as if the distance between himself and Rose is only increasing, rapidly. He thinks back to that morning when Kris gave him the advice, now he wasn't so sure of himself anymore.

Sehun sniffs and starts tearing up.  "C-chan.. Chanyeol.. that.. thing... hyung," the maknae desperately pleads.

Sehun knew he should have stayed home that day. He was planning to spend the day in his room, coloring in his Pororo color book. He realized just the other day that you can color the characters however you want. Pororo was a penguin but he didn't have to be white and blue all the time. Because Sehun had the crayons, not Pororo, Sehun was to decide what color Pororo is on each page of the coloring book. Yesterday, Sehun went and made Pororo a rainbow penguin.

Much to Sehun's horror, the chicken stops and looks Sehun right in the eye. They say that the eyes are the window to the soul. Those dead eyes.. they were telling Sehun.. "I'm going to kill you."

He screamed.

 

 

"Okay class! Everyone gather so I can announce the groups!" Ms. Lu announces.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae were standing to the side by the picket fence, a few yards away from Ms. Lu, who positioned herself upright on a big rock nearby. The whole junior grade, scattering here and there, slowly strolled over. "Alright then! Quiet down!"

Chanyeol looks around, searching for Rose. Even though the newly gathering crowd was considerably big, it didn't take long to find Rose standing near the middle of the crowd. Chanyeol grins stupidly. It's funny, Chanyeol thinks, how one person can make up him so sad, but then effortlessly cheer him up agin. Chanyeol doesn't feel the despair and pain he felt just seconds ago. When he looks at her, all he can think about is how each strand of her beautiful hair falls perfectly around her face, the way each side of her lips slowly go up to showcase her pearly white smile, or the little giggles she gives when she finds something funny. Chanyeol wants to cup that face, own that smile, be the reason for her giggles, and be the guy she loves..


"and Park Chanyeol," Ms. Lu concludes. Chanyeol snaps back into reality and looks around confused. 

"AAHHHHHHH!!!!!" A few girls screams in high pitch. Suddenly, two arms circles around Chanyeol's elbows and pulls him forward into the crowd then towards the front with superpower force. A few girls follow by behind, screaming his name.  "We're in the same group as you oppa!!!" exclaims the girl who has his left arm. "I can't believe this!" Chanyeol tries to smile politely as he tries to figure out what just happened.

Wait, Rose. Chanyeol panics and jerks his head around just in time to hear the next names.

"And in Group 2, there's Kim Jongin, Chen Rose…" Chanyeol couldn't hear the names that were announced after that, but he didn't need to. As the screaming girls march him off, the pain and despair that magically vanished before, appeared again.

 

 

Rose place her hands on her hips. She put on her this-is-serious-business look and takes a step forward. Behind her, Sehun softly sobs into Luhan's shoulder mumbling something about Pororo and rainbows."It's okay Sehun, everything will be fine," Luhan says comforting Sehun. Rose takes another brave step forward and swallows. Little beams of sunlight peek through holes in the roof. Just as Rose was about to take another step forward, one of the chickens starts flapping its wings without warning. Rose jumps back, her fear mounting. Someone behind her chuckles.

Rose turns around and sees Kai, who has stopped sweeping, leaning his head on the broom, giving Rose a smirk. Blood quickly rises to Rose's cheeks and she can't help but look down to avoid his gaze.

"Here, I'll help you," Kai offers and leans his broom against the dusty wall before walking over to Rose.

"Are you sure? But there's a lot of sweeping to do," Rose says hestiantly.

Kai laughs, "Nah, those guys over there aren't even working." He points to the rest of their group: Luhan who was sitting in the corner comforting a crying Sehun, Jongdae and Baekhyun who were throwing dirty hay at each other while laughing hysterically, and Junmyeon who was talking to himself.

Rose laughs, "They're funny."

"Yeah, they're crazy but they're good friends," Kai nods in agreement. "So, your job. How about I pick the chickens up and you grab their eggs?"

"Sure, that sounds great! Rose beams. When Kai doesn't answer, Rose turns and looks at him. Kai was just staring at her..

"What? What is it?" Rose blinks in confusion.

Kai quickly looks away, "N-no. Heh, okay, let's start then." 

Their frustrating attempt got Kai and Rose a grand total of *drum roll please* three eggs. Whenever Kai caught a chicken, the other feathered creatures would flap their wings in a panicked response. With all the chaos, Rose couldn't see her way to the eggs in the basket so they decided to admit defeat. 

"I'll go get some water okay? You worked hard!" Rose patted Kai's shoulder, trying to lighten up the mood. They were sitting down outside the barn, catching their breaths. Kai had visible beads of sweat trickling down his forehead and Rose just felt bad for making him do her work for her. But the boy gave a soft smile and nodded, "Thanks, you did too!"

She didn't expect that kind of response so here comes the familair blush she always gets arounds him. Rose got up, brushed the dirt from her pants and made her way towards the center of the farm, where all the necessities are. Going towards the cooler, she suddenly hears a loud squeal. She turns her head to see a girl excitedly hugging Chanyeol. 

"Oppa! Are you worried about me getting hurt? Is that why you won't let me feed the pigs? Aww Channie oppa, you're so caring!!" 

Chanyeol didn't reply but just gently took off the girls arms wrapped around his waist. Rose turned back and ran to Kai, out of breath, her heart beating a mile a minute without any reason. 

Kai raised his head, "Umm Rose? Where's the water?"  Kai looked at her empty hands in confusion. 

"Oh.. There was.. No more left. I think they'll add more later.." Ross replied distractedly.  Channie was her nickname for Chanyeol. Why did that girl call him oppa?.. He's not her oppa... He's my.. No he's not anyone's oppa... That girl was just another one of chanyeol fangirls but Rose can't cover the jealously she's feeling over that one small conversation. 

Kai shrugs off the distant look Rose has but something catches his eye. There walking by them is his classmate Luna, holding a fresh, ice cold bottle of water. 

 

Bonus~ Hello guys! This is admin 2. Beause this is the first chapter I've written, I have prepared a little present for you! So you know how Sehun was freaking out about the chicken? Well later on, when he goes home after this field trip, he gets a nightmare about chickens which will scar him for life!  I found this picture on google images to give you readers a good idea of Sehun's nightmare... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Chicken_suit1.jpg

SCARY ISNT IT?! But please stay safe and don't get any chicken nightmares yourself! Or else I'll feel really bad :( As always, please feel free to comment and thanks a bunch for reading!