Trip

Stole My Heart

He leaned down to kiss her but stopped midway, his lips hovering over hers. 

"Tell me now if you want me to stop," Kai said, his breathing getting harder. 

Rose didn't reply, she quickly put her hands on each side of his neck and pressed her soft pink lips on his. 

"No! No! No!" Chanyeol desperately cried out. 

Yura ran towards her younger brother's room to see what all the screaming was about. She soon finds Chanyeol sweating and panting, his eyes still closed. 

"Chanyeol! Chanyeol, wake up!" Yura grabs hold of his shoulders and continuously shakes him. 

Chanyeol's breathing hard now but he's awake and everything's okay because it was just a dream. 

"I can't let this happen," Chanyeol softly mutters. 

Yura doesn't feel like asking what just happened. It's Friday morning and mom left before making any breakfast so Yura is not in the mood. 

"Okay big boy, get ready for school. I think your teacher called asking permission for a field trip yesterday? It's educational so you better go!" Yura commands Chanyeol. 

He groans in response. He doesn't think much effort should go into his looks since all Rose looks at is that girl-stealing, annoying Kai. 

_____________________________________

"Morning Kris," Chanyeol mumbles as he enters into the school yard. His eyes see the giant janitor so he walks up to him. 

"Oh hey there! There's not much to do today so you can just head off to class," Kris says with a smile. 

"Actually, I need your advice on something. Can we talk for a bit?" 

"Sure," Kris motions towards the edge of the school buliding so they can sit. 

Ever since Chanyeol met this janitor, he couldn't help but think of him as a Hyung, the older brother he's always wanted so he wanted to help do some cleaning in the mornings. He thought he could talk to him about Rose. Yesterday, she continued expressing her ideas about how cool and amazing Kai was. Now, Chanyeol doesn't think he could see Kai without having his blood pressure rise, especially after that nightmare.

"Okay so... I have this friend.. Yeah this friend... And he really really likes this girl but he just found out that this girl actually has a crush on one of his close friends. What do you think he should do? I mean, my friend can't give up on her because he can't stop the feelings he gets when he sees her..." Chanyeol looks up expectantly at Kris, anticipating what he's going to say. 

Kris lifts up one finger, "First of all, I know this 'friend' is you."

Chanyeol turned beet red. He should have seen that coming. 

A second finger goes up, "Secondly, it's just a crush that she's having. Give her some time to realize that this guy might not be the one for her."

Third finger shoots in the air, "Lastly, be yourself. I see girls all google-eyed over you so you must have some charm that attracts them right?"

Chanyeol shakes his head in confusion. 

"So your saying that I should just do nothing right now?"

Kris grins confidently, "Exactly. They same time heals all things right? Just go with the flow but show her some interest. Let her know that there's a better guy waiting for her." 

Chanyeol let's out a sigh of relief. "Okay, thanks hyung! I'll just act like nothing happend." 

They start seeing a swarm of students entering the building. 

"No problem little guy. Now head to class." 

"I'm almost you height!" 

"Ya!" 

"Okay, okay. See you next week!" Chanyeol ends as he runs towards the entrance of the school. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Those 30 extra minutes in the morning were wasted. Rose woke up earlier than usual to make sure she looked her best today for Kai. But she didn't see him at all today! Rose thought that after telling Chanyeol everything, he would somehow help her get closer to Kai. 

However, her desk partner was quiet the whole day. Rose tried to get him to talk but he just have a simple, straight-forward reply. 

It was now last period, the homeroom teacher walked in and Chanyeol was looking out the window. With a sigh, Rose nudged him and pointed to the front. 

"Okay class, is everyone ready for this trip?" 

"Yes," the class mumbled unenthusiasticly. 

Ms. Lu gave a disapproving gaze before telling everyone that they must sit with their partners in the bus to avoid losing anyone. Everyone gathered their belongings and headed outside towards the parked buses. 

The junior classes were headed to the farm, three hours away. Chanyeol decided to sleep. Despite what Kris said, Chanyeol needed time to control his emotions. Once they get there, he'll start befriending her again. 

Meanwhile Rose decided to listen to her music the whole way. Music always made her think. Some people may just like the beat of the song, Rose always paid attention to the lyrics and felt like she related to them somehow. 

 

I lost my mind 
Noreul choeummannasseultte 
No hanappego modeungoseun Get in slow motion
Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon 
Meil geudewa 
Sumaneun gamjong deureul lanwojugo bewogamyo 
Ssaugo ulgo anajugo 
Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon 

Rose didn't know if how she felt with Kai is really love. Sure she got so excited whenever she saw him but... None of the things that is described in the song happens. Time doesn't get in slow motion, she doesn't feel countless amount of emotions for him... 

Rose slaps her head. "You've never actually talked to him! Once you do, you'll definitely fall for him,"  she tells herself. 

Chanyeol groggily wakes up. "Rose, are we there yet?" He asks in his sleepy, low and husky voice. 

But Rose doesn't respond. After hearing him call her name like that, she's too busy trying to calm her rapid beating heart. 

 

~~~ Sorry :( short chapter again.... Promise the next one will be long!!