Unexpected

Stole My Heart
"Oppa... I don't know how to say this but... I'm in love with you! I always have been and I always will so please, will you give me a chance?" 
 
"I'm sorry, but I just don't feel the same way... Maybe we can just be friends?" This is the third time that Chanyeol has had to reject confessions today. He hates breaking a girl's heart but he would rather be honest about his feelings than give them false hope. 
 
The girl breaks into sobs and runs inside the school. Chanyeol sighs and is about to follow her until someone speaks. 
 
"Ah I know how you feel. When I was in high school, girls couldn't get enough of me! I mean I still got noonas asking me for my number." 
 
Chanyeol turns around to see that this deep voice came from none other than the school's janitor. Surprised, Chanyeol doesn't know what to say.
 
The janitor introduces himself, "I'm Kris by the way. I graduated from this rotten school only two years ago so don't you dare call me an ahjushii!" 
 
"Oh no! You don't look that much older at all hyung," Chanyeol replies with a nervous smile. 
 
Kris is satisfied with his response so he smiles back. "Good, now head back to class!" 
 
"Haha, I will," Chanyeol turns to leave but then he remembers something. "Hyung, would you mind if I come by tomorrow morning to scrap the leaves that are falling?" 
 
Kris did not see that coming but he gives Chanyeol a grateful smile and tells him that they can scrap it together. 
 
----------------------------------
 
Rose checks her watch. "It's a quarter to 2, why isn't Channie back yet? Hehe I bet Kai probably played a joke on him again." 
 
Suddenly, the boy himself bursts through the door. "Teacher, I'm sorry for being so late. I was.. I was talking to a staff member." The math teacher isn't buying it.
 
"Do you have a note?" 
 
"Umm no... It was the janitor, Kris! I was talking to him in front of the building, that's why it took so long to get here," Chanyeol says quickly. 
 
"Well you don't have a pass so 30 minutes, 30 minutes after school detention." 
 
Chanyeol turns pale. He had plans with Rose after school at the library. He's been looking forward to it all day! He even put on extra cologne to make sure he didn't smell bad.
 
After about 2 minutes, the teacher points out that he's wasting class time and he slowly heads to his seat. 
 
"Don't worry, I believe you," Rose whispers to Chanyeol, trying to reassure him. 
 
He gives her a small smile. "I guess we have to postpone out tutoring session huh?" 
 
Rose giggled, "Why? I could just tutor you here, no biggie. I'm sure the teacher wouldn't want to stop you from learning right?" 
 
Chanyeol's smile grows wider. He kind of feels guilty, knowing that he would not be able to actually learn anything if Rose is teaching him. Put him in a room with her and he could just stare at her the whole time, lost in her eyes....
 
---------------------------------
 
Finally the last bell rung and everyone was getting packed to leave except Rose and Chanyeol. The math teacher came in to monitor Chanyeol. She put her stuff down at the desk and said, "I'll be right back in ten minutes," before she heads out the door. 
 
Rose bends down to get her World History book out of her bag. "Okay let's go over the review pac-" 
 
"Yo Chanyeol! How did you end up in dentention??" a smooth voice interrupts her. 
 
After she lifts up to see who it belongs to, Rose can feel the heat rising to her cheeks. 
 
Kai waits for a response from Chanyeol, but then freezes when he sees Rose right next to him. He stares at her, his heart hammering against his chest. 
 
Chanyeol looks from Kai to Rose, unsure of why they are acting this way... He has an idea but decides to push it far, far, far back to the end of his mind. 
 
"Oh yeah I have to stay here for like 30 minutes just cause I came to class late without a pass. Can you believe it?" 
 
Kai is still in his frozen state for a few seconds before realizing that Chanyeol had said something. "Aw man that . Umm me and the guys are going to head out to the court. Catch up with us later?" he replies with a blush. 
 
"Yeah of course! Be prepared to lose to a giant," Chanyeol smirks. 
 
"Whatever... See you," Kai says. He gives Rose a hesitant nod before leaving. 
 
Rose is just trying to process what happened. "Oh my God, he nodded at me. He was actually looking at me!" 
 
What she didn't realize is that she spoke her thoughts out loud for Chanyeol to hear. The horrible, heart-crushing idea comes back to Chanyeol's mind.... 
 
Rose likes Kai. 
 
---- Hope the story wasn't too long for you guys! I'll fix the mistakes later but thank for reading!! I wonder if it was a surprise to you ;O ------