Allergies

30-Day Drabble Challenge

Title: Allergies
Pairing: Minho-centric
Rating: G
Genre: Crack (?)
Disclaimer: None
A/N: Shout-out to my splitting headache and medication for inspiring this drabble. I usually don’t post things late but I fell asleep.

Minho loves fall. He loves how soccer season begins during the fall, how the weather cools down (perfect climate for soccer, he reasons), how pesky birds and insects fly south for the winter, and most importantly, soccer.

He doesn’t even need to look at the calendar to know that fall is approaching; his allergies do that for him. It’s the only thing he dislikes about the upcoming season.                                                                                             

One particular morning Minho wakes with clogged sinuses, a headache and itchy, watery eyes. He groans, staggering to the only place he knows for relief: the kitchen. He finds Benadryl and swallows a capsule while gulping orange juice for good measure. He only has enough energy to eat a piece of toast.

He then slumps over the counter fighting the urge to sleep.  He loses. Somehow, he manages to find his way back to his bed, under the covers, already halfway asleep. He doesn’t even remember stumbling down the hallway.

“Hey Minho.” No answer. “Minho, get up.” This time the voice is louder but Minho only grunts in acknowledgement. He can’t stay asleep for long because he suddenly feels the only pillow being swiped from underneath his head. Minho even doesn’t have to open his eyes to know Jonghyun is speaking. He does anyway.

Jonghyun speaks again, “Hey…getting…down…invited to play…come?”

“What?” Minho couldn’t hear him over his grogginess.

“I sed, Im getred tagoo awn daschreet yuck invideus tapay socca wacom?

“What? I can’t…I can’t-”

“Pay attention! I’m getting ready to go down the street. Eunhyuk invited us to play soccer. Wanna come?”

Minho finally registers the word soccer and jumps up and gets dressed. He decides at that moment that he doesn’t feel ill anymore.