Eskimo Style

30-Day Drabble Challenge

Title: Eskimo Style
Pairing: JongKey
Genre: Drama/Action
Rating: PG-13


“Key, you look ridiculous.”

“I wouldn’t look this way if it wasn’t so cold! Besides, why are you only in boxers?”

Jonghyun shrugged. What mattered most was that he was comfortable, unlike his roommate. He didn’t have to look hard to see Kibum swaddled in a thick comforter or his feet poking out dressed in both socks and slippers. His eyes traveled up to note the matching scarf and earmuffs, the way the comforter shifted against the bulkiness of his winter coat whenever Kibum moved to type something, the blue gloved hands struggling to use the touchpad. All of this didn’t compare to the sweltering heat issuing out the portable heater in the corner. Ridiculous.

After a long time, Jonghyun had an idea.

“You ever wondered what Eskimos did for warmth?”

“No.”

“You’re about to find out. Now, strip.”

“Wait a min—”

Jonghyun slid from his bed and maneuvered across to Kibum with ease. He sat on his knees behind the cocoon and lifted the earmuffs before saying, “Just let it happen…naturally”. As his hands reached the scarf, the other yelped, swatting but Jonghyun grabbed the gloves instead removing one finger at a time.

“Naturally…” he whispered.

The scarf came off next, and when that was done, Jonghyun made a dive for the slippers.

“What are you doing?!” Kibum said as he cupped his slippers defensively. 

“Doing you a favor. There’s no reason to be bundled up like this.”

“Are you crazy? It’s one of the coldest days in Korea and you’re over here parading around wearing next to nothing—oomph!”

Jonghyun tackled Kibum causing both of them to tip over backwards. The slippers fell off but he spared the socks. He took advantage of the moment by attacking the blanket, pulling this way and that to unwind the tight fabric and at last got it off and tossed it aside.

Then, he paused. Jonghyun discovered he still had a lot of undoing with the coat, sleepwear, and undergarments. Kibum, however, looked one hundred percent done with his antics. Before Key could get a word in edgewise, Jonghyun went for the coat.

Only the pajamas and underwear remained. The damn pajama top, Jonghyun noticed, was buttoned all the way up to Kibum’s neck. He had a choice of either ripping it off or asking Kibum for help but he figured Key would be uncooperative from earlier. As if on cue, Kibum started flailing around. Jonghyun chose to wrestle his way to the shirt, but retracted his hands when Kibum clawed him.

“!” he cursed.  

He could already feel the long welts beginning to develop on each forearm.

Both of the men were facing each other situated on opposite sides of the twin bed anticipating each other’s moves. With narrowed eyes, Kibum positioned himself in a fighting stance ready to swipe again while Jonghyun planned for an opportunity to catch Key off guard. He pretended to grab the shirt but dodged Kibum’s well-aimed swing. He found an open opportunity when Kibum’s body wobbled off balance giving Jonghyun enough time to grab his arms, pull him down, and pin his hands down with his knees.

Key yelled, “Get off of me or I’ll—”

“You’ll what?”

Jonghyun towered over him. From upside down, Kibum looked comical, even when he wore a combination of surprise and fury. He took his time ing the shirt without interruption, observing Kibum’s face pinched in quiet defiance and his body shaking from anger. When Jonghyun undid the last button, he leaned back and sported a victorious grin. Kibum scowled even more. He was sweating on his brows and upper lip and Jonghyun made the most of the moment.

“Warm yet?”

No answer. Jonghyun proceeded to untie the drawstring pants and laughed while doing so. That enough prompted Kibum to kick his legs up. He almost hit Jonghyun in the face but Jonghyun’s quick reflexes caught the hem of Kibum’s pants. He pulled slowly, watching Kibum’s horrified realization with satisfaction until the pajamas and underwear came off.

No sooner after Jonghyun let Kibum go, he snatched the shirt off Key’s arms, adding it to the ever-growing mess of clothes strewn all over the floor. Kibum, however, wasted no time scrambling to get underneath the bed sheets.

But Jonghyun wasn’t done. The final and most important part of the plan was still underway. In the meantime, Jonghyun got up, almost stepping on the laptop, and turned the heater and light off. He used the faint artificial glow from the computer to find his way back where he found Kibum lying down, facing away from him. He was most likely fuming, Jonghyun thought. Regardless, Jonghyun slipped in the covers. He yanked his boxers off afterwards and peered over Kibum’s shoulder. Maybe it was the poor lighting playing a trick on him, but Jonghyun swore he saw Kibum’s skin flush.

“Tomorrow morning, you’ll thank me later.” Jonghyun said, mid-yawn.

The light dimmed and he scooted until Kibum’s back was against his torso. He felt body heat already radiating from both of them and thought that, yes, his experiment went well.