Agony

30-Day Drabble Challenge

Title: Agony
Pairing: Minho-centric
Genre: Suspense
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I don’t own SHINee
A/N: Yes, it is confusing, but I wanted to leave it up to the reader’s interpretation of what’s going on. It’s something I’ve experienced first-hand and tried to recount the events and write what happened.

The agony begins before Minho is conscious. He only tosses and turns at first until everything becomes hot… too hot. By then, he feels the covers smothering him. He fights and manages to get them off with difficulty but loses his boxers in the process rendering him . The heat still doesn’t go away. Even with the covers off, he thrashes about trying to grab something, or rather somebody, to reel him back to reality.

Or is he already here? Everything seems real yet he can’t open his eyes. He tries again but all he senses is blazing darkness radiating to his limbs; the type of hotness that an ice-cold shower or the air conditioner on full blast can’t extinguish. Is this what hell feels like?

Minho hears strangled yelling in the distance that becomes more and more intense until he wakes up and realizes it’s his own voice. He forces himself to shut up. Before long, he scrambles to sit up and process what just happened, sweating, trembling, and struggling to catch his ragged breath. But he can’t think. All he can do is stay hunched over and stare into oblivion as his body recovers from shock.