Chapter 7

Ending Page (The Rhythm of the Wind)

 

 

 

“Amber Oppa!!”, Taemin hopped on Amber’s back playfully.

 

“Ugh!! What are you doing?! Get off!”, Amber yelled.

 

The younger guy got off and giggled, “I missed you oppa!”, he ruffled the tomboy’s hair.

 

“Ugh!! Stop it Taemin! Go away!”

 

Taemin giggled again, he loved to tease the tomboy so much.

 

“Ya Taeminnie stop teasing your oppa”, Minho placed his arm on Amber’s shoulder, “let’s have lunch, dude”

 

“Later”, Amber answered shortly.

 

“Yah Ambo, I’ve never seen you eating you should eat you know?”, said Onew.

 

“Muffins and hot coffee would be great”, Key suggested.

 

Jonghyun smiled at his cousin, assuring her.

 

“Fine”, Amber finally agreed to join the boys.

 

“YAAYYY!! Give me piggy back, oppa!”

 

“Ugh! Stay away from me!”

 

“Oppa is so mean!”

 

 

 

 

 

The boys kept blabbing about random things while Amber was just munching her muffin silently. Since she was little, Amber really likes muffin, her father always bought her muffins when he was back from work.

 

 

“Ah…”, Taemin saw two girls were entering the cafeteria.

 

The other boys took a look at Taemin’s eyes direction, and they saw Sulli—Taemin’s friend—was entering the cafeteria with her best friend—Krystal.

 

“Sulli ah! Krysta..”, Taemin was about to greet his friends but then he felt someone kicked his leg under the table, it was Minho.

 

 

 

 

Sulli heard someone called her name. She turned around to see who the one who called her.

“Taeminnie!”, Sulli smiled brightly while waved her hand to Taemin.

 

Meanwhile Taemin just smiled awkwardly. All his hyungs were glaring at him right now.

 

 

 

Amber noticed the presence of her roommate there, so did Krystal.

 

 

 

“Ah! Amber Liu is here! Soojung ah, let’s go there!”, Sulli grabbed Krystal’s wrist.

 

“W..what?! Nooo! Why should we go there?!”

 

“Because Taemin called me and Amber Liu is there with them! I wanna thank her. because yesterday after she helped me she just left and I didn’t even say anything”

 

“No… I don’t wanna go there I don’t wanna meet her here”

 

“Soojung ah! She’s a nice person…well I mean she’s actually a nice person”

 

Krystal bit her lower lip.

 

“She won’t do something bad to you trust me okay? Come on”, Sulli pulled Krystal’s wrist and walked toward Taemin’s table.

 

 

 

“Ah… Sulli ah… have you… ordered something?”, Taemin asked awkwardly.

 

Sulli shook her head. “I come here because I wanna thank Amber unnie”

 

The boys were dumbfounded.

 

“U…Unnie?”, Onew spoke.

 

Amber turned to Onew and glaring at him, “shut up”

 

The other boys held their laughter.

 

“Unnie”, Sulli came closer to Amber, “Unnie I want to…”

 

“Stop calling me that and go away”

 

“But unnie…”

 

“I said stop calling me that!!”, Amber stood up, she grabbed her guitar case and walked away.

 

 

 

“AMBER HYUNG!!”, Sulli shouted but Amber kept walking away, “Is it okay if I call you ‘hyung’??”

 

“Sulli ah she won’t listen, let’s go”, said Krystal.

 

“Amber hyung! I wanna thank you for helping me yesterday! I know you’re not a bad person! I want to be your friend!”, Sulli shouted again.

 

 

Somehow Amber stopped for a moment as she heard what just Sulli said, but then she continued to walk.

 

 

 

 

 

***********       

 

 

 

 

“Amber hyung! I wanna thank you for helping me yesterday! I know you’re not a bad person!”

 

 

Amber let out a deep sigh. She was in the backyard of the academy, holding her acoustic guitar and sitting on her guitar case.

 

She couldn’t lie to her self, she did feel touched when she heard those words from Sulli. Sulli believed that Amber wasn’t a bad person, she trusted Amber, but Amber didn’t like it, she didn’t want to be trusted by someone, because she herself wouldn’t trust anybody, not anymore.

 

 

“I want to be your friend!”

 

 

She remembered Sulli shouted.

 

“Friend…… there’s no friend in this world”, she said to her self.

 

Amber started plucking her guitar. ‘This is my friend’, she thought. Amber closed her eyes and kept playing beautiful melodies with her guitar.

 

 

It was dark already when Amber decided to leave the backyard. Yes, she could spend a long time in that place just to play her guitar or create some songs.

 

 

Amber opened the room door and stepped in. She noticed her roommate was sitting on her bed while reading a magazine, but Amber didn’t care at all, she was really tired and all she wanted to do is sleep.

 

 

“My best friend just wanted to thank you, that’s all”, Krystal spoke.

 

Amber didn’t reply. She opened her guitar case—took out her guitar and placed it on the guitar-stand.

 

“She kept saying that you’re a nice person, but seeing your attitude of course no one would believe that”

 

“Can you just shut up?!”

 

Krystal threw her magazine and then lied her body on the bed—pulled the blanket over her tiny body.

 

“Stupid”, she mumbled.

 

“What?!! What did you say?!”

 

Krystal ignored the tomboy and closed her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

**********        

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Have you practiced for next week?”

 

“Yeah… you?”

 

“Yup! I’ll perform Adaigo Sostenuto”

 

“Wooow… that’s cool…”

 

“How about you?”

 

“Hmm… it’s still a secret…”

 

The two girls giggled.

 

 

 Krystal sighed. Of course all her friends had already picked a song to be performed and practiced.

“How about me…”, she whispered to herself.

 

 

 

As she finished her class, Krystal immediately headed to her dorm. She needed to practice, no matter what she really needed to practice.

 

Fortunately Amber wasn’t in the room when Krystal reached the dorm. Krystal put her bag on her desk, she took off her coat before took a seat on the rolling chair right in front of her digital piano.

 

“Funeral March… yeah I’ll perform this song”, Krystal said surely.

 

Her fancy fingers touched the piano keys, and we could hear a beautiful rhythm was heaving beautifully.

 

“Ah… the tempo…”, Krystal mumbled before played the piano again.

 

 

 

 

Amber lifted her left arm to see her wristwatch. ‘I’ll get some sleep before work’, she thought. She was heading to her dorm.

 

 

Amber put her guitar case on the floor. She d her ID card from her pocket and unlocked the door.

 

“………………………”

 

Amber froze when she heard the sound from her room. That sound…… brought back her memories…

 

 

 

“Let’s play the piano Amber…”

“Dad! Look! Imma play a song for you!”

Good memories.

 

Let’s play it together! You play the melody and I play the rhythm!”

“Okay!”

Precious memories.

 

“DADDY!!! Stop the piano please stop shaking please stop the bleeding!!”

And ………………… a nightmare……

 

 

 

 

“STOP IT!!!”

 

Krystal startled.

 

“Am… Amber…”

 

“I told you don’t play that thing when I’m here!!”

 

“I didn’t know you..”

 

“DON’T PLAY IT ANYMORE OR GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!!”

 

Krystal took a deep breath. She couldn’t take this anymore, she reached her limit.

“Why?”

 

“Just don’t!!!”

 

“Why??!!! Why can’t I play my piano?!! Don’t you know I’m student under piano major??!!!”

 

“Why would I care??!!!!”

 

“You think this is what I want to be your roommate?! To share a room with a weird person like you?! And if you don’t care about me, why should I care about you?! I need to practice the piano because I’ll perform solo piano next week and I don’t care if you like it or not!!”

 

Amber couldn’t hold her anger. She was about to walk toward Krystal but she couldn’t move as she heard the piano was played again.

“S…ss…stop… it….”, Amber’s voice was shaking.

 

Krystal ignored her, she was pissed off and she didn’t care anymore about Amber.

 

“STOP IT!!! STOPPP IT!!!!!”, Amber yelled while covering her ears with her hands. Her knees became so weak so that she fell on the floor.

 

Krystal didn’t care, she kept playing her piano emotionally.

 

“STOP IT PLEASE!!! PLEASE STOP THE PIANO PLEASE STOP THE BLOOD!!! DAD!!!! DAAADD!!!!”, Amber shouted in English hysterically . Tears were flooding over her face, “…No… NOOO!! Please stop it! Stop the piano I don’t wanna hear it please please!!”, she sobbed hardly, she kept using English.

 

Krystal stopped playing the piano as she noticed Amber was speaking English sobbing. She turned around and she was surprised as she saw Amber sprawled on the floor, her face was so red and she was sobbing hardly.

 

“Amber… what’s wrong…”

 

“Stop it! Stop it! Dad… help my Dad……his blood… please stop the piano please stop his blood!!”

 

“Amber…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________