Chapter 2

Ending Page (The Rhythm of the Wind)

 

 

“Unnie! Sulli ah! Open the door!”, Krystal knocked on Sulli and Luna’s door impatiently.

 

A couple of moments later the door was opened by a tall girl.

 

“Soojung ah? Why did you shout like that? What’s going on?”, Sulli raised her brows.

 

“Can I come in? I need to talk to Luna unnie”

 

 

 

Luna handed a glass of water to Krystal while the younger girl was still trying to get off her anger.

“Drink it. Inhale. And exhale”, said Luna as she sat next to the girl.

 

Krystal did what Luna said to her.

 

“Now tell me, Soojung sshi, what happened?”

 

“Luna unnie.. I… I… I saw… a GUY in my room. A guy, unnie, a crazy guy”

 

“WHAT?? A GUY ENTERED OUR DORM?!”, Sulli yelled in shock.

 

“Yes, Ssul. And he was IN MY ROOM. I can’t believe this. He even said that the room is his and he doesn’t like my presence in the room. He’s really crazy, unnie, I think we should tell this to…”

 

“Soojung sshi…”, Luna interrupted the younger girl.

 

“…Yes?”

 

“She’s Amber. She’s not a guy, she’s a girl, well…… a tomboy. And …… she’s your roommate. The room is really hers. She never got a roommate before. That’s why I was shocked when I saw you room number, because as far as I know……Amber is a special student here and she had her own room”

 

Krystal and Sulli were dumbfounded.

 

“……… a ………tomboy?”, Sulli narrowed her eyes.

 

“Yes. Her name is Amber Liu. She’s from America. Everyone here knows that she’s a cold hearted person and she has that arrogant attitude. She never smiles and barely speaks, she just talks with her partners from SM”

 

Krystal’s brain tried to digest what just Luna said, “Why is she so special?… I don’t understand unnie…… partners from SM?”

 

“The owner of this academy is Lee Soo Man, he’s also the owner of an agency named ‘SM Entertainment’. And Amber is actually his worker. But Lee Soo Man sent her to this academy to study and get the certificate as a legal musician”

 

“Wait… wait… he…I mean… she…is working for an agency?”, Krystal furrowed her brows.

 

“Yes. We all know that she’s a music composer in SM”

 

“Really? How old is she, unnie?”

 

“21 years old”

 

Sulli gaped, “……wow……she’s still young………and she’s a composer”

 

“She’s a music genius. That’s why no matter what she does, Soo Man will never fire her”

 

There went the silence between them. Sulli was still amazed by Luna’s explanation about the tomboy, meanwhile Krystal still couldn’t believe about how genius the tomboy was just like Luna said. ‘If she really is a music genius… she won’t become a cold hearted person’, she thought.

 

“Soojung ah…”, Sulli broke the silence, “I’m worried about you… you can stay here with us if you want to”

 

Luna nodded.

 

“Nah… It’s okay. You know what? I know I’m an awkward person, I can’t get along with people easily, but …… I’m not afraid of him…I mean…her. It makes me curious if she’s really a music genius or not… because for me, a person who likes music and plays music with all her/his heart, they won’t be a cold hearted person. Because music warms your heart”

 

A smile was formed on Luna’s face, “you’re right, Krystal sshii”

 

 

 

 

 

******  

 

 

 

 

 

It was almost nine PM when Krystal came back to her room. She hesitantly opened the door, she was actually still not ready to meet her ‘creepy’ roommate, she had no idea how to greet her, well…… she mistook her as a guy and she did feel guilty about it.

 

‘It’s late already… I think she’s already in the room’, Krystal mentally guessed.

 

And her guess was right, as she pushed the door wider, she found the tomboy was sitting on the rolling chair—right in front of the computer set, she was using headphone. Her eyes were glued to the computer screen and they were covered by a black-rimmed glasses.

 

‘so… she’s really a music composer? Is she working? Should I apologize to her right now? But she’s working aish…’, Krystal closed her eyes and sighed. She took few steps inside before she closed the door.

 

Amber—who actually knew the presence of her new roommate—didn’t show any reaction.

 

“……Hey…”, Krystal awkwardly greeted her roommate, but then she realized that Amber was using a headphone that she wouldn’t hear Krystal’s voice. Krystal approached the tomboy, she thought the tomboy would take off the headphone once she saw her. But she was wrong, although now she was standing right next to Amber, the older girl still didn’t show any reaction at all.

 

“H…hey…”, Krystal encouraged her self to touch Amber’s shoulder.

And it worked, Amber finally looked up to her, she even took off her headphone.

 

“I… I just wanna say sorry about…”

 

“Can’t you see? I’m working”, Amber put on her headphone again and back to work.

 

Krystal couldn’t believe that her new roommate really treated her like nothing. Krystal was about to scold the tomboy for being rude to her, but then she closed and sighed, ‘it’s late already. I think I have no time for this weirdo. I’d better sleep because I need to prepare my energy for tomorrow’, she thought and walked away from the tomboy.

 

Krystal grabbed her luggage to get her toiletries since she hadn’t put her toiletries in the bathroom yet.

“Yes… I think it’ll be nice if I wash my body before go to bed”, she talked to her self.

 

 

Krystal stepped into the bathroom. Her pretty smile appeared when her eyes met a cozy bath tub in there. Krystal really liked soaking her body in warm water. She usually took at least an hour to wash her body in the bath tub.

 

 

 

Amber took off her glasses, she tapped her fingers repeatedly on her desk. She looked at the clock that was hung on the wall. It was almost an hour since her new roommate got in the bathroom. Amber shook her head in disbelief, ‘is she dead in there? Sh*t I wanna pee’, she mentally cursed.

 

A couple of minutes later Krystal was finally out of the bathroom. Amber immediately stood up and was about to scold her roommate. But as Amber turned her head to Krystal, she was dumbfounded by the ‘view’ in front of her; Krystal was just covering her flawless body with a towel.

 

“What took you so long huh?! What did you do in there?!”, Amber finally spoke.

 

“I washed my body with warm water. I always do that before I go to bed, why?”, Krystal replied while folded her arms.

 

“Listen”, Amber walked toward the bathroom, “Here, is not your palace, Princess”, she said sarcastically to Krystal.

 

“W… what did you say?? What did you call me?!”

 

“And please, put on your clothes before you get out of the bathroom”, said the tomboy before stepped into the bathroom and slammed the door.

 

“Mwoh?!!”, Krystal scoffed, “who does she think she is?!”

 






_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________