Chapter 12

Ending Page (The Rhythm of the Wind)

 

 

 

 

“Wow… there are so many people here”, Onew said as he and the boys entered the hall. The boys wanted to see their maknae’s performance—Taemin.

 

“Hyung, do you know what will they perform?”, Key asked to Onew.

 

“Oh? They’ll perform a drama I think”

 

“Yah! I knew it I mean the story!”, Key slapped Onew’s head.

 

“Yah! That was rude how dare…”

 

“Guys… where is Amber?”, Minho asked—interrupted bickering boys.

 

“I told her to come, and she said she will. Let’s get a seat first, she’ll come later”, Jonghyun said and then he led the boys to get the seats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luna dialed the number on her phone for the fourth time.

“Soojung! Ah finally you answer my call! Where have you been?? What? It’ll be started in few minutes…… okay… okay… hurry!”

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal hang up the phone before continued to write some notes. Yes the class was over but she needed to write some notes so that she might be late to attend Sulli’s drama performance.

 

“Done”, Krystal mumbled as she finished her notes. She put her stuffs in her bag and then she lifted her arm to see what time was it, “aishh… I’m so late…”

 

 

 

 

 

Amber opened her eyes slowly as she felt something was vibrating in her pocket. She d her pocket and took out her cell phone.

 

“Ugh… Yes Key…”, she answered while rubbed her eyes.

 

“DO YOU FORGET ABOUT TAEMIN’S DRAMA??!!!!”

 

Amber pulled away the phone from her ear, “I fell asleep”

 

“HURRY UP!!!”

 

 

Amber threw her phone on the mattress. She managed to walk toward the bathroom to wash her face. As she finished washing her face and dressing up, Amber immediately head to the auditorium hall, her friends were waiting for there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The light had been quenched, and a beautiful music was played afterwards. The show was about to start.

Jonghyun looked around, tried to find a figure that he had been waiting.

 

“Where is she…”

 

“Jjong…”, Key elbowed Jonghyun caused the older boy turned to him, “I think there’s no seat anymore for Amber”, he whispered.

 

“Really?”, Jonghyun raised his brows. He looked around to find a seat for his cousin, “ah! There are two seats over there”, Jonghyun pointed to the corner of the hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal finally arrived after she ran like cheetah toward the hall. Sulli is her best friend and Krystal didn’t want to miss her best friend’s performance. Krystal took a step into the hall. It was already dark in there so Krystal used her cellphone light to guide her to find a seat.

 

“I think all seats are taken”, she mumbled. But then her eyes spotted two empty seats on the corner, “thank God”, Krystal immediately walked toward the seat.

 

As she sat her self on the seat, Krystal immediately texted Luna to tell that she’s already in the hall. A couple of moment ago, someone came and took a seat right next to her, but Krystal barely saw her/his face since it was dark there.

 

 

 

“Hey, I’m already in………… okay”

 

Krystal goggled when she heard that voice. ‘No… not anymore please…’, she mentally said. She turned her head slowly and, “…God…”, she closed her eyes and bit her lip.

 

 

Amber looked up to someone next to her as she heard that someone said something,

“you?!”, she said with disgusting look.

 

Before Krystal said something, the voice of the drama’s narrator was heard. “Nevermind, it starts”, Krystal said before she turned her head to the stage.

 

 

 

 

Krystal never took her eyes off the stage. Her best friend—Sulli—looked really amazing on the stage. She played her role really well, Krystal couldn’t even believe that the girl who played the main character of the drama on the stage was her best friend.

 

Suddenly Krystal heard a sound of someone snoring right next to her. Krystal turned her head to the person next to her—Amber—that tomboy was sleeping peacefully right now.

 

“Did she come here just to sleep seriously??”, Krystal whispered in disbelief. She shook her head and then turned to the stage again.

 

But Amber kept snoring and it really annoyed her.

 

“Aish!!”, Krystal glared at the sleeping girl.

 

As if she knew the younger girl was glaring at her, Amber closed , she didn’t snore anymore.

 

“Good”, Krystal mumbled. She was about to turn back to the stage but somehow she kept staring at the sleeping tomboy. Krystal was watching at Amber’s handsome face without her realizing it. Her hair, her eyes, her jaw line, her lips, Krystal mentally thought that the tomboy really is handsome.

 

Krystal was about to jump when Amber suddenly opened her eyes.

 

“are you checking me”, Amber said with flat tone.

 

“W…what?!! NOOO”, Krystal looked away, she did feel the warmth on her cheeks.

 

“Don’t be so panic, I’m just asking”, Amber fixed her position and closed her eyes again, “wake me up when it ends”

 

“Yah… did you come here just to sleep?!”

 

“It’s not your business about what I’m doing here”

 

 

 

 

 

*************** 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wah that was awesome Taeminnie!”, Minho praised the youngest boy.

 

“You looked hella handsome unlike usual”, Key chuckled.

 

“Yah... what do you mean by ‘unlike usual’ hyung?!”, Taemin prostested, and the boys laughed, “hey, where is the Oppa?”

 

“Uhh… she’s here she texted me before”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Soojung ah!”

 

Taemin and the boys turned around. They saw Taemin’s friend—Sulli—was running toward her bestfriend. But then the boys frowned as they saw someone was walking behind Sulli’s best friend.

 

 

 

 

“Amber?”

 

 

“Oppa?”

 

 

“Amber hyung?”

 

The boys and Sulli looked surprised seeing the two roommates walked together.

 

The boys came to Amber, “You two…… came here together?”, Jonghyun raised his brows.

 

“N… No… Oppa…”, Krystal refused awkwardly, “we… we were late and there were only two seats left so…”

 

“You two sat side by side?? Omo…”, Sulli covered with her palm.

 

“Ssul…”, Krystal rolled her eyes, “Let’s just talk about your performance. You were amazing, congratulation”, Krystal patted Sulli’s shoulder.

 

Sulli grinned widely, “thanks Soojungie…”

 

“Yah Oppa, what about me?”, Taemin asked Amber.

 

“Good”, the short haired girl answered shortly.

 

Krystal glanced at the tomboy and rolled her eyes, “you slept”, she mumbled.

 

Amber glared at the girl, “shut up”

 

“Yah… you slept Amber Oppa? So you didn’t see my performance??”

 

“I saw you a bit and it was good”, Amber took a glance at Krystal while mumbled, “don’t mind what this lil witch said”

 

“You slept soundly you even snored”, Krystal scoffed, “Taemin sshi… you did it really well, congratulation”, Krystal said with smile before she dragged Sulli away from the place, “Let’s find Luna unnie”

 

 

 

 

 

Amber spent the day with the boys. They forced Amber to have fun with them in a club since it was Saturday night. Key, Onew, and Taemin were dancing happily on the dance floor, Jonghyun and Minho were chatting while enjoying their drinks, and Amber sat quietly while enjoyed her cocktail.

 

 

“Jjong, did you notice it?”, Minho asked Jonghyun while stared at Amber from a far.

 

“Notice what?”

 

“Your cousin… and Krystal sshi… they look ………… better”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“They bickered a lot. You know if Amber hates someone she will barely talks and just leave her”

 

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes while watched his cousin, “……… you’re right…”

 

 

 

 

 

************     

 

 

 

 

 

Amber unlocked the room door and opened it. She just came back after spending the night with the boys.

 

The sleeping Krystal woken up as she heard someone entered her room. She sat up while rubbed her eyes.

 

“I thought you’re a thief”, she mumbled.

 

Amber frowned, “what did you say?”

 

“Nevermind. Don’t scare me”, Krystal pulled back her blanket and closed her eyes again.

 

“......Why would I scare you!?”

 

“You came back too late”, Krystal mumbled with her eyes closed.

 

“And why should you care?!”

 

“Who said I care. I said you scared me, entering the room in the middle of the night like a thief”

 

“You!! Aish!!”

 

 

 

 

 

*************    

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal looked really happy this morning, of course she was, since today she would make a surprise for her father, she would be home without telling him before, she didn’t even tell Jae to pick her up, she planned to ride a bus today.

 

Krystal grabbed her backpack, she was ready to go, but then she furrowed her brows as she realized her roommate wasn’t there since she woke up. Krystal shrugged her shoulders, ‘who cares about that weirdo’, she thought.

 

 

 

 

 

The weather was really good today. Krystal kept walking while trying to remember the direction to the bus stop. Honestly she rarely rode public transportation since Jae—her driver—always accompanied her everywhere. But she really wanted to surprise her father today so she managed to find the bus stop herself.

 

Krystal bent and leaned her hands on her knees—she felt tired already. It’s been almost an hour but she hadn’t found the bus stop yet.

 

“What should I do… should I call Jae?”, Krystal pouted cutely.

 

 

“RRRIIING”, a bike horn rang right behind her.

 

Krystal moved a bit, made a way for the bike rider.

 

“RRRIIING”, the bike horn kept ringing.

 

Krystal turned around with annoyed expression. But her expression suddenly changed,

 

...............

...............

...............

...............

 

 

 

“…………Amber?!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Next on 'Ending Page'

 

"Ambo Oppa... is she your girl friend?"

 

"Uh?"

 

"Eh??"