Chapter 13

Ending Page (The Rhythm of the Wind)

 

 

 

“RRRIIING”, a bike horn rang right behind her.

 

Krystal moved a bit, made a way for the bike rider.

 

“RRRIIING”, the bike horn kept ringing.

 

Krystal turned around with annoyed expression. But her expression suddenly changed,

 

 

“…………Amber?!!”

 

 

 

Amber fixed her cap—she was still on her bike—it was a moped bike that Amber borrowed from Dong Hae. Amber loves riding bike—when her Dad was still with her they often rode bike together on the weekend.

 

“I saw you running here and there since about an hour ago. I didn’t care at the first, but you look really pathetic. Can I help you?”

 

Krystal raised her brows, “w…what?? I look w..what??”

 

“Pathetic”

 

Krystal snorted, “can you…say something without making me piss off?!”

 

“I can say whatever I wanna say”

 

“Aish!!”, Krystal looked away.

 

“So, can I help you?”

 

“No! I don’t need your help”

 

“Fine, that’s better”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ambo Oppa!!”

 

A voice of little girl was heard. Both Amber and Krystal turned to the voice source. There goes a little long-haired girl running toward them, she brought a doll in her hand and a guy was following after her.

 

“Su Hwa”, Amber mumbled as she remembered the little girl’s name. She was a girl that she met at the park few days ago.

 

“Ambo Oppa!!”, little Su Hwa hugged Amber’s thigh, “Appa, he is Ambo Oppa. He helped me to take my doll from the shrub”, the little girl told her Daddy excitedly.

 

Amber ruffled the little girl’s hair gently. Meanwhile Krystal was trying to assure her self that she wasn’t dreaming right now, she couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

 

“My daughter told me about you, thank you so much for helping my daughter. I’m sorry if…”, the man smiled to Amber.

 

“Ah it was nothing, Sir, really… Su Hwa is a nice little girl”

 

“Thank you, my daughter was very lucky for meeting you”, the man bowed a little, “ah… here”, he handed two ice cream bars to Amber.

 

“W..what is this, Sir?”

 

“Su Hwa and I saw you and this pretty Yeoja from a far”, the man turned to Krystal, “we were buying ice cream. And then Su Hwa said she wanted to buy ice cream for you and your girl friend”

 

Amber needed a few seconds to digest what the man said, so did Krystal.

 

“Ambo Oppa”, Su Hwa pulled Amber’s t-shirt, “is she your girl friend?”

 

“Uh?”

 

“Eh??”

 

The two finally realized that the father and daughter thought they are couple.

 

Su Hwa took the ice cream bars from her father’s hand.

 

“Here, Oppa”, she handed one ice cream to the dumbfounded Amber, “here, unnie”, then she handed the other one to Krystal.

 

“T…Thanks”, Krystal said awkwardly.

 

“Ne. Unnie, you’re so lucky for having Ambo Oppa as your boy friend, he’s a reeeeally nice Oppa and he’s handsome. I will get a boy friend like him when I grow up”

 

“Yah Su Hwa ya… you’re still seven don’t say something like that okay?”, the man pulled his daughter into his arms, “uhh… we gotta go now, Su Hwa’s Umma is waiting for us”, he said politely, “come on Su Hwa say bye to Oppa and unnie”

 

“Can I kiss Oppa’s cheek, unnie?”, Su Hwa asked Krystal innocently.

 

“Ehh??”, Krystal was really surprised, she didn’t even know how to react to the little girl.

 

“Su Hwa ya! Stop bothering Oppa and unnie”

 

“It’s okay, Sir”, Amber got off her bike and then she got on her knees with her other hand hold onto the bike, “come here”, Amber pulled Su Hwa into her arm.

 

“Chu”, a peck was landed on Amber’s cheek from the little girl.

 

Krystal couldn’t hide her expression. She was really shocked, she was pinching her arm secretly to make sure if she was dreaming or not. But it did hurt which means she wasn’t dreaming at all.

 

“Now, go with your Appa, okay? Umma is waiting for you”, Amber patted the little girl’s head.

 

“Ne Oppa. Let’s go, Appa”, Su Hwa reached her father’s hand, “bye Oppa, bye unnie!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber was sitting on a bench while enjoying her ice cream that Su Hwa gave to her—she parked the bike not far from the bench. Although her roommate was sitting right next to her, Amber didn’t say a word, she just enjoyed her ice cream silently.

 

Krystal kept glancing at Amber, she was also enjoying the ice cream that the little girl gave to her. Yeah. The little girl gave her ice cream because she thought Krystal is Amber’s girl friend. Krystal shook her head disgustingly as she remembered that. That would never happen, she would never want to have a grumpy boy friend like Amber. But if Amber really is grumpy, why does the little girl like Amber so much? Yeah the little girl did say that Amber helped her to take her doll from the shrub, but Krystal doubted if someone like Amber wants to do something like that.

 

 ‘But hey Soojung didn’t you see? How gentle she was to the little girl?’

 

 

Amber suddenly stood up. Krystal noticed that the tomboy finished her ice cream already. Amber walked toward the rubbish bin and put the rubbish into it. The short haired girl then grabbed the bike and was about ride it.

 

 

“Wait!” Krystal said.

 

Amber looked up, she raised her brows to Krystal.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Dorm”

 

“Oh… uhh…”

 

Amber hopped onto the bike.

 

“Yah! I said wait!”

 

“What?!”

 

“I… I… I’ve tried to find bus stop but I can’t find it……………………… I wanna go home”

 

 

 

Amber snorted, “hop on”

 

“Uh?”

 

“You heard me”

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal kept closing her eyes, she didn’t have courage to open her eyes since the tomboy was riding her bike too fast. She did tell Amber to ride the bike slower but her roommate didn’t care at all.

 

“Yah!”, Krystal hit Amber’s waist with her eyes closed.

 

“Ouch!”, Amber stopped the bike suddenly, “what the…?!!”

 

“I told to ride it slower you stupid!”, Krystal said, she finally opened her eyes as Amber stopped riding.

 

Amber scoffed, “I’m helping you here and you call me stupid?............ get off the bike”

 

“W… what?? but we… we haven’t found the bus stop…”

 

“I said get off”

 

“Yah! You can’t leave me here I don’t even know where I am now!”

 

Amber took a deep breathe, “promise me you zip your mouth”

 

“………but…… AAAH!!”, Krystal pulled Amber’s t-shirt with her hands spontaneously when Amber started riding the bike again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Get off, we’re here”, Amber stopped her bike after she rode about five minutes.

 

Krystal opened her eyes slowly and let Amber’s t-shirt go off her hands. She took a look around, yes, they were at the bus stop now. ‘That was fast’, Krystal mentally thought, but no, she didn’t plan to thank the tomboy. Although Amber helped to take Krystal to the bus stop, but for Krystal, she was almost killed by the tomboy.

 

Krystal got off the bike, “you almost killed me you know that??”, she scolded her roommate.

 

Amber scoffed, “whatever”, she mumbled before continued to ride her bike and left her roommate alone there.

 

 

“stupid”, Krystal mumbled while walked to the bus stop.

 

 

“You have such a nice boy friend for taking you here this early”, an ahjumma that was waiting for the bus talked to Krystal.

 

‘Three persons mistook Amber as my boy friend today, what a curse’, Krystal thought.

 

“Ahh… that wasn’t my boy friend, ahjumma”, Krystal said.

 

“Oh really? Woaa… you have such a nice friend then. You know if you come here later, it would be hard to get the bus”

 

Krystal was dumbfounded, “re… really?”

 

“Yes. Busses are rare here. If you want to ride bus you have to get here early”

 

 

Krystal frowned. She remembered Amber rode her bike so fast. She thought the tomboy wanted to kill her but,

 

‘Amber knows if I get here late I won’t get the bus, that’s why she rode her bike so fast’

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Next on 'Ending Page'

 

"Jong Suk Oppa stop it!! You're hurting her!"

 

"But..."

 

"Don't play it anymore and go"