Cafuné: o4

Watching Dusk's Sunrise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Cafuné (v.) - to run your fingers through your lover's hair

 

 

"Hello?" The other line picked up. "Read me a poem." Suji spoke. "A what?" Jongin asked.

"Read me a poem. Any poem." She pleaded. Jongin chuckled, "Okay, listen carefully."

 

Dusk's Sunrise by Kim Jongin

 

The wonders of the day, 

Such beauty in the light

It appears from the east,

Battling against the night

 

The splendor of the night,

The auroras appear

The moment I closed my eyes,

The stars disappeared

 

She struggled to find the words to explain how she felt. She was awed, she was moved. "I can't understand poems really well. But I think the thought was," she paused, "Nice." Jongin chuckled, "Thanks." Suji asked, "What was the title again?" 

"Dusk's Sunrise." He answered. "Hmm," She thought, "Why?" 

"What do you mean why?"

"Why is the title 'Dusk's Sunrise'? I mean, it doesn't make sense. Dusk is in the afternoon and the sunrise is in the morning." She explained.

"I don't know, it just came up to me. The beauty of opposing characteristics seemed to move me, because at the end of the day," He sighed, "Nothing will have stayed the same." Suji answered, "True."

They giggled together, and Jongin spoke up, "Do you write poems too?" 

"I don't. I'm not really good at writing stuff." 

"Then, what do you do?" He asked. "Oh, I take pictures, I capture moments."

"Why do you take pictures?" Suji was deep in thought as she tried to come up with an answer to Jongin's question, she didn't realize that it took her so long to answer. "Uh, Suji? You there?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

"And, your answer?" "Well, I don't know too. I think it's because of the grandeur of the Earth itself. I always wanted to travel, but I don't have the money. But even though, I'm stuck here," She exhaled, "There's beauty in everything. I see wonders."

"Oh, the beauty of humans. Everyone sees wonders, but they have different ways of expressing those wonders. I'm learning a lot more, now that I'm talking to you."

"Me too." Suji agreed.

"I don't know where life could take us, but I hope we could watch the sunset together." Jongin whispered. 

 

 

Myungsoo heard three knocks on his door, and when he opened it, his jaw dropped. His hand automatically went up and slapped the girl. " you. I haven't seen you for three years! Do you even know how lonely I was?" He screamed. "Myungsoo, please. I only wanted to find a cure for you." She cried.

"And?", He paused. "Did you really have to ing resort to theft? I told you it was very expensive and I told you not to bother! I told you that I would be okay! Are you really that stupid Bae Suji?" "B-but, Myungsoo." Suji started. "No!" He screamed.

"I don't want your reasons. I don't want your lies. I don't want to believe in you anymore." His screams slowly turned to whispers. He turned back, and with tears falling from his eyes, he gently closed the door.

Suji faced her back against the door and slid down. "What was I thinking? Why did I expect a welcoming hug? Why did I expect a warm kiss?"

Myungsoo was on the other side of the door, listening. She stood up and screamed from outside, "I'll leave this here!" And Myungsoo could see her shadow  bend down to leave something.

After a few minutes, he went out to find out what she left for him. Penicillamine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter