Serendipity: Prologue

Watching Dusk's Sunrise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Water dripped from Suji’s face. Fake seashell soaps sat on the counter and their fake smells lingered the room. She looked at her face in disgust. She sighed deeply and brushed her face against her arm to wipe the water off.

She opened the windows and was welcomed by gusts of smoke and extremely sickening smells. She stared outside and looked at the flying pigeons. She looked at the house next to hers and saw that the For Sale sign had been removed.

She took a sip of coffee and the television. She stared in silence. And she sighed.

She took a step back and grabbed her camera, and she snapped a picture of the newly removed sign.

Myungsoo showed a wide smile as he stepped on the lawn of the new house that his parents bought him. The house was his, but only until the school year finishes. He ecstatically dragged the For Sale sign out of the ground and threw it away.

Myungsoo strode inside the furnished house and inhaled its unfamiliar smell deeply. He released his luggage onto the floor and kicked it open. He opened all the windows and smiled at the beautiful, well, not actually beautiful, but new scenery.

He touched all the nooks and crannies of the house in amazement. The first time is always the best. He was free; unrestricted.

Park Jiyeon. She lived a few blocks away from Suji’s house, yet as close as they are, distance didn’t matter. They’d talk for hours everyday. Jiyeon has this weird but adorable laugh that makes her even prettier.

She tied her hair into a ponytail and laughed like there was no tomorrow. Who knew such immature things could make such a pretty girl laugh? She took another bite of cereal as she snorted loudly.

“The neighbor’s house has been sold. No sign of any living being yet.” She giggled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter