Brontide: o3

Watching Dusk's Sunrise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Brontide (n.) - the low rumble of distant thunder

 

 

"Hello?" The other line picked up. "I miss someone." She blatantly answered. "Why?" And she fell silent. She didn't know how to respond to the question. "I'll talk to you later." Before the other person could speak, Suji ended the call.

It has been weeks since Myungsoo's absence. Nobody knew why-- he just disappeared.

 

 

"Suji, I'm sick." Myungsoo spoke as he called through the phone. "Where are you now?" She asked.

"Home." Myungsoo answered blankly.

"I'll visit you." Suji peeked through the curtains.

"Please, don't. I don't want you seeing me like this."

"I can't stand the thought of me not being with you any longer. I need to see you."

"Just this once, Suji." He paused, "I don't want your presence." "Being separated from you was hard for me to get used to. And now, you're saying hurtful things." She remained silent until Myungsoo ended the call. He took a gulp of water, but he quickly spat it out. He had a hard time swallowing and he ended up throwing the glass to the floor. He screamed in pain as the glass pierced his skin. 

 

 

"I don't know what to do. I think he hates me." Suji broke down. The unknown person, who was listening to her, spoke, "Who hates you?"

"Don't you find it weird? I'm talking to someone who doesn't even know me. I don't even know you." 

"I'm Jongin."

"Suji." 

"Now that that's out of the way. Tell me. Who hates you?" He leaned back and opened a bag of chips.

Suji could hear the noise made by Jongin's chewing, "The one that I miss," She inhaled, "Hates me."

"He doesn't hate you." Jongin spoke, unconsiderate of the girl's feelings.

"I miss him so much, I could kill myself."

"Shut up." Jongin raised his voice. "I may not know who you are, but please, don't."

"I didn't mean it." Suji was shocked.

"Then why did you say it?" Jongin was furious.

"Your words are vague, just like your heart." 

 

 

The blood tests and urine tests confirm that the copper inside of Myungsoo's body has risen up to an unacceptable amount. I suggest we treat him as soon as possile. I suspect this to be cirrhosis, a severe one. If this isn't treated soon, I'm afraid the copper might reach the boy's brain. If untreated, the accumulation of copper in Myungsoo's brain can lead to severe problems such as severe muscular weakness, severe rigidity, and dementia. And also...

 

 

Myungsoo opened an email that he received a year ago. 

 

Myungsoo? Dear, how are you? Are you feeling better? I always think about you.

Are you still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter