Chapter 9

Baby Hae to Donghae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

Eunhyuk pov.

            ‘He’s here... all this time.’

            I observed him for long time. He looks different than the last time I saw him. He got a lot thinner and somehow a little pale too. His hair had turn from black to brownish brown color which makes him not recognizable to me. He’s like becoming into a different person. He doesn’t look like the old Donghae.

            “Hey Eunhyuk, Boa just call off, she’s going to-,” I turned as I heard Siwon called. He also surprised. I looked back at Donghae. He seems startled. Then, I focus on his gaze. He was looking at Baby Hae. It’s the first time he laid eye on him. I wonder how he will react when I tell him everything. “Eunhyuk-ah,” Siwon said, wanting to say something. 

            “Err,” I breathed out before saying, “Hey, Donghae.”

            “U-Uh, Hi,” he muttered. “Eunhyuk-ah.”

             Baby Hae then started to whined because it’s time for him to sleep since he’s tired. I patted his back slowly. “Aahhhaaaaaa,” Baby Hae cried. Siwon grabbed Baby Hae and confront him.

             “You go ahead and have a talk to him. I’ll take care of him,” Siwon whispered to me while trying to put Baby Hae to sleep. I smiled a little and nodded while muttering ‘thanks,’ to him. Siwon smiled back and walk away with Baby Hae to find a taxi. I turned back to Donghae, whose looking down on the ground.

            “Sorry about that. It’s time for his nap so-,” I told him but he just shook his head.

            “Don’t worry about that. It’s fine,” he said. Suddenly, it’s quiet. I’m not sure why that suddenly it became to feel awkward. Maybe because it’s been long since we have the last conversation comfortably. “Oh, here!” he gave me my hat that I drop unnoticeably. “You should be careful when you drop something without notice.” He advise me with a weak smile.

             I nervously laughed while scratching my nape. “Thanks. Well? You know me,” I scorned at myself. As I was about to grab it, Donghae put the fur thing on my head all the sudden and my head viciously.

             He hummed. “Still the same clumsy anchovy, huh?” he folded his arms while smirking.

             I glared while taking off my hat. “Yah, you idiot! How dare you say that to someone you haven’t seen for a long time?” I said back, almost going to smack him on the head.

             Donghae slightly laughed, then looking down on the ground. “Yeah, it’s been months.” I paused all the sudden. I nodded again awkwardly. Then, I stared at him for a while. Why is it different, the way he said that? He sound somehow sad and weak.

             “Um,” I tried to bring the mood up again. Suddenly, I shivered as a gust of cold wind blew to us. “It’s getting cold here. Wanna have a drink?”

              Donghae also shivered at the contact, “Sure. Come on,” he escorted me.

-Baby Hae to Donghae-

              Finally, we’re settling ourselves in some café and order 2 hot drinks together. He ordered his Americano like he always do before. Guess that’s the only thing that hasn’t change. Until now, we were quiet and have nothing to say.

              But, from the looks of it, it seems like he wanted to say something first but no. It’s been a while since we talk to each other through the phone. We barely even spoke since then for some reasons.

              Along 10 minutes passes, Donghae only lend in to drink his Americano and lend back to his chair. ‘Ugh, this is totally awkward,’ I thought inside. Since it’s difficult to speak up, I’ll tried to start off first. “Uh, how’ve you been?”

              Donghae nodded, “Fine, perfect. How about you?” he asked back.

              I let out a small smile, “Same.” I think of another word to say. “Um, how’s college in London? It’s seems like you are attached here already. We haven’t have time to contact for so long. Were you bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter