Round The Bend

"Well?"

"It's been a week, Sir. They still haven't suspected anything."

"Good work my dear Wook, keep this up and we may just win."

"And if Hyukjae comes back?"

"I'll trust you to deal with him."

Ryeowook smiled slyly, bowing to the figure before him, staring into the black mist.

"As you wish, my Lord."

.:~*~:.

Donghae pouted as he lounged on Kyuhyun's bed one Thursday afternoon, having accompanied the said boy home after a tiring day of mock finals at school.

"What's that face for, fishy?"

"He hasn't contacted me for a week."

"What're you talking about? Who hasn't contacted you?"

Donghae sighed and rolled over, facing the boy who was still absorbed in his Starcraft game, but still managed to keep a conversation going at the same time.

"No one Kyu, don't worry about it."

Shooting his friend a suspicious glance, Kyuhyun groaned loudly when he lost and the screen flashed with the words, 'GAME OVER'. Turning his attention to the depressed boy on his bed, Kyuhyun decided to bite the bullet, "You've been hiding something from me."

Donghae looked at him in surprise, "What?"

Kyuhyun sighed and rested his temple against the end of the bed, "Ever since we found that Hyukjae guy in the yearbook, you've been distracted and these past few days - downright depressed. You're hiding something from me and Sungmin knows what it is."

Donghae pouted. He'd forgotten his cousin's relationship with the gamer and mentally begged whatever God's existed that Sungmin hadn't said anything about Hyukjae's ghost to Kyuhyun.

"It's nothing! Honestly!"

Kyuhyun looked at him skeptically and let out a sarcastic, "Uh huh." Donghae hid his face in the bed covers to avoid Kyuhyun's piercing stare, "I can't tell you." Donghae said, his voice muffled by the blankets, "You'll think I'm insane."

Kyuhyun chuckled, "You are insane. Why are we friends again?"

He barely managed to avoid the pillow, Donghae tossed at his head.
 
Groaning, Donghae fell back on the bed, pressing his palms into his eyes as he started to rant, "It's been a week since he left. He hasn't bothered to contact me and I don't know why I'm so frustrated by it! He's a ghost for crying out loud! I shouldn't even be able to see him but Sungmin can see him too, so I know I'm not entirely bat crazy. Not to ment-"
 
"Hang on a moment."
 
Kyuhyun cut Donghae off by raising a hand.
 
"Who's a ghost and how does Sungmin know about it?"
 
His brows furrowed as he desperately tried to understand his friend. Donghae just moaned pitifully and rolled over, burying his face into Kyuhyun's plush pillows. Kyuhyun poked and prodded Donghae until the boy let out a loud yelp as Kyuhyun poked his ribs - just a little too hard.
 
"Alright!" He shouted, sitting bolt upright on the bed, "I'll tell you."
 
.:~*~:.
 
A muffled cry sounded from inside a dark and deserted room as Hyukjae passed by. Stopping in his tracks, Hyukjae backpeddled until he was in front of the offending door. He hesitated for a moment and then pressed his ear against the door gently. Soft scuffling and muted grunts made him step back in surprise, before he reached for the door handle slowly.
 
Opening the heavy door, Hyukjae poked his head inside and glanced around the dark room. Deciding it would be best if he could see, Hyukjae flung open the door wide - letting the light from the corridor spill through the opening.
 
"L-L-Leeteuk!"
 
Hyukjae stuttered out the man's name in shock, before scurrying forward and releasing the sandy haired ghost from his binds, "What happened to you? I thought you were looking after Donghae for me." Hyukjae asked, as he made quick work of the ropes holding Leeteuk's hands behind his back and held his ankles together. Leeteuk coughed as the gag was brought away from his mouth and his dried lips, gathering his thoughts together before facing Hyukjae. Looking the boy straight in the eye, Leeteuk spat one word. A name;
 
"Ryeowook."
 
 


Wahh~ almost 100 subscribers ; 3 ; /sobs happy tears.
I actually can't really believe this, but it's there in blue and white ^ - ^
I love you all and forgive me for the slow updates. I'll write quicker because I have holidays now~

xx Raine.