Round The Bend

A low groan revrebrated through the air as Donghae pored over the most recent high school yearbooks in Mokpo High School's library. He'd looked through the last two years with no sign of anyone resembling even the slightest bit of the blue-haired boy, yet his plea had seemed so desperate that Donghae couldn't bring himself to stop looking.

"Yo Hae! What're you doing?"

Donghae jumped at the sudden intrusion and looked up to find Cho Kyuhyun - the school's resident math genius and avid gamer, "Oh hey, Kyu," Donghae smiled, "Not much, just looking for someone." Kyuhyun tilted his head slightly, "Looking for who?" He asked, genuinely interested in his friend's endeavour.

"I don't know his name, only his face." Donghae admitted sullenly, before turning away from his friend and back to the yearbook currently laid out in front of him. A mocking scoff came from behind him and Donghae was sure that Kyuhyun would just walk away. So he was surprised, when the chair next to him was pulled away from the table and the other boy sat down.

"Let's see then, shall we?" Kyuhyun pulled a random yearbook from the pile and began flicking through the pages. Donghae smiled slightly, before returning to his own book.

.:~*~:.

Ten minutes of silence passed before Kyuhyun exploded into laughter;

"H-hey Donghae! Check out monkey boy!"

Donghae sighed in annoyance, but decided to humour Kyuhyun and look at what was so hilariously funny. Glancing over at the open yearbook, time and everything around Donghae screeched to a halt, as he stared at the boy's picture.

His hair was blonde instead of blue, his eyes bright with mischief and his school uniform was a little roughed up, but there was no mistaking those monolid eyes and the sharp cheekbones.

"It's him."

Donghae breathed, not quite believing his eyes. His hands were shaking slightly as he reached for the yearbook, drawing it closer to himself and examining it closely. The name under the picture was written neatly, as if someone had taken extra care with it.

Lee Hyukjae : Dance Captain.

Donghae blinked. He'd been at the school for nearly three years now and never had there been a captain with the name Lee Hyukjae on the dance team. Frowning, Donghae flipped to the front of the yearbook, intent on searching through the pages to find more details. As his eyes landed on the front page, Donghae's blood ran cold.

In honour of Lee Hyukjae; a loving son, brother and friend.

1956 - 1973.

Kyuhyun glanced over his friend as Donghae sat, staring horrified at the page in front of him, "Hae... You alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." Donghae turned to Kyuhyun and wetted his dried lips;

"Kyuhyun... I think I have."