Chapter 4

Edge Of Rain

The first thing I faced when I woke up was to the smell of hospital, the beeping of the monitors, and my mom's wrath.

She went back and forth from being angry to being happy that I was safe. She scolded me for a while until she went to go call the nurse and doctor.

They did the basic of asking me how I felt and explaining my condition. I had fainted from a high fever, being sick already was the main cause and from being physically exhausted. 

I was also told that I had to get stitches on my thigh where the glass had been but the small cuts on my hip wouldn't require any.

My mind wandered for a few minutes as the doctor and my mom talked and I couldn't help but think of the angel back at the bridge.

"Who brought me here? Who found me?" I blurred out.

The doctor and mom didn't seem to hear me as they continued talking but the nurse stepped in to answer me instead.

"A few people along the street saw you and called the ambulance."

I felt disappointment wash over me, however, I snapped out of it when I realized I was only disappointed that the angel hadn't found me. 

I heard the doctor tell my mom I was able to leave the hospital after 24 hours until my fever went down and I had stay overnight so I sighed quietly, too exhausted to care, and let myself fall asleep again.                                                                                                                                                                                  ~~~~~~

 

 

I wasn't allowed to go to school until Tuesday and wasn't given permission to go out because I was still recovering.

When Tuesday rolled on by I woke up a few minutes late but took my time getting ready because I knew that I wouldn't make it on time to school anyway. I was lucky mom had an early shift that morning because I was about over 15 minutes late to the first class and I knew she would have been scolding me the whole time.

Because I was so late the school gates were closed and had to be open when I finally stepped onto the school grounds. I thanked the gatekeeper but was given a disapproving look as he handed me a late slip. I took it without saying anything and stuffed the paper into my pocket. 

I walked into the school building, down the hallway found myself at the front of the classroom with my hand on the door knob but didn't turn it until I counted to ten. 

As soon as I stepped inside the majority of the students turned their attention to me but I avoided their eyes, and focused on the teacher who looked annoyed as he was in the middle of a lecture.

I bowed once, mumbled an apology, and walked over to the teacher taking out the crumpled slip to him.

He took a moment to quiet down those who were whispering and snickering before turning to face me.

"A simple rule for being late to my class, do you know what it is?" He asked me.

"Detention." I answered quietly.

"Exactly now please apologize to the class and take your seat." He said turning back to the board to continue where he left off.

I rolled my eyes at the students who were snickering and took a moment to let my eyes sweep over the room.

My eyes widened at the sight of the person sitting at my usually empty table and I held my breath when he stared right at me.

 

It's the Angel.

What is he doing here?!

I pulled out of my thoughts, forced myself to do what the teacher told me to do, and made my way awkwardly over to my seat in the back of the room.

I pulled the chair out from the desk, angling it so it was further from the Angel, and scooted in. I took out a notebook and pen, attempting to focuse on taking notes of the lecture that I knew absolutely nothing about.

It was difficult when his presence alone had me remembering everything back at the bridge and there was the memory of the kiss.

"You're going to fall off the chair if you continue sitting like that."

I stiffened up completely when I heard him whisper in my ear and didn't know if it was possible to blush darker when I heard him chuckle softly.

I took all the courage I could muster, turned to look at him but right when I opened my mouth to speak the bell rang loudly and I was pulled into a bear hug from behind.

"My baby panda is alive!" I heard the person hugging me cry out.

I was pulled out of my chair and turned around only to be in the same persons arms.

"Suho-hyung!" I groaned wanting to get out of the hug but wasn't paid attention to because I didn't hug him back.

"I'm still recovering, hyung."

He backed away immediately and smiled at me.

"Sorry I forgot. Anyways you ready to go?" He asked rhetorically as he moved over to pack my stuff for me.

I was going to respond with a sarcastic answer but chose not to when I turned around and saw the Angel's eyes on Suho like he was trying to figure something out.

I continued to stare at him until his eyes shifted to mine but even then I couldn't look away from him.

He smiled at me and walked past me leaving me confused with a rambling Suho.

I felt Suho smack my arm and I pulled out of my trance to look at him.

"Are you even listening to me?" He asked and I shook my head.

He frowned then switched to raising his eyebrow at me, and his eyes wandered around my face.

"What?" I asked reaching for my backpack but he threw it over his shoulder.

"You're face is really red." He answered his expression switching back to a frown.

He shrugged it off and led the way to the next class we shared together.

Suho was the only friend I had left. He moved for some personal reasons, ended up attending the same school as I, and immediately befriended me.

I ignored him most of the time because I thought that he would leave as soon as he heard about the reputation I carried, but he didn't.

I tested him too yet he continued to remain by my side and I ended up with nothing against him.

 It took baby steps to reach a friendship and it was surprising how I was finally able to have trust towards him.

With him being my friend now people decided to start rumors about him too and the one that was most popular was of him and I being a couple.

It was complete BS because not only were we not close to being in a romantic relationship but Suho had his eyes set on a guy named Lay but at the same time he didn't let it be known that he had crush on him. It was a secret between the both of us.  

Suho and I were halfway to the class when he came to a halt in the middle of the crowded hallway. I stopped too and turned to look at him but didn't have time to ask him why he had stopped when he grabbed me by the shoulders.

He gasped and blinked a few times before grabbing my chin, turning it to the left and then to right as if he was examining my face.

"Buddha take the wheel!" He hissed.

I stared at him, feeling confused and amused but let him go on with whatever he was doing.

"Umm hyung what are you doing?" I asked half smiling while pushing his hand off my chin.

He didn't answer me and instead poked my cheeks.

 "Lawd have mercy!" He hissed again.

I frowned and turned around to walk away but froze when I saw the Angel standing next to Lay across from the hallway watching us.

I heard a small unexpected squeak escape my lips, felt my face heat up, and I spun around in order to hide from the Angel who kept his eyes on me.  

I let out another squeak when I turned around and came face to face with Suho.

We stared at each other with wide eyes and I wondered how big my eyes could have gotten when Suho grabbed me by both sides of my face and brought me down so our faces were inches from one another.

"You're blushing." He stated with a grin.

His eyes shifted for a moment and I noticed his eyes widen once again, this time it was his turn to let out a squeak.

His eyes flew back to mine and I felt him move his hand to the back of my neck and he titled his head to the side.

I made the attempt to move back but he held on tighter and at that exact moment when I brought my hands up to his shoulders to shove him away, I felt his lips against mine.

I was in such complete shock that I froze up and clenched my eyes shut, hoping that Suho would move away already.

And then there was the point where I felt his lips move against mine, lightly quivering as he did so. 

I gripped onto his shoulders tightly, pinching his skin, until he finally stepped away.

We stared at each other with owl eyes and our blush too difficult to not notice.

The ending point of me standing there like a statue was when he had enough courage to grin at me.  

"Hey move you're blocking our way!"

I spun around and rolled my eyes when I noticed it was my cousin and his minions.

I opened my mouth to yell at them when I noticed the Angel and Lay within his group.

I my now dry lips without thinking and scoffed.

"Unbelievable." I spat letting out a heavy sigh.   

Suho and I reached for our hands at the same time and I didn't spare a single look towards the Angel before I turned away and led Suho lead the way.

I felt like crying but held back the tears and let Suho slip his arm around my waist.

 

 

 

 

 



  ok so just picture this...minus the part where Tao moves

 

now just add this

   TA-DAH!

 

 

 

ANY OF THESE FIT YOUR REACTION TO THE CHAPTER? (#1-12) Please add the number when you comment.

 

 

1   2

3    4

5  6

7  8 9

10 11

 

 

12

 

 

Sorry guys I know I got carried away with the gifs but I'm curious ^^

Please comment & Subscribe!

 

▪▪▪▪▪

NOVEMBER 2, 2017

^^ sorry for taking so long to edit & thanks to that one reader who sent a pm about this story ♡