Chapter 3

Edge Of Rain

His lips brushed against mine but I reacted quickly and shoved him off of me.

My eyes flew up to glare up at the angel and I opened my mouth to demand some answers when I started to have coughing fit.

He came over to me quickly but I was able to calm my coughing and glared at him when he raised his hand to place it on my shoulder.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I snapped at him.

"Suicide isn't the answer to your problems." He growled angrily.

I stared at him not believing what I just heard but took him by surprise when I burst into laughter. However it died out quickly when I took a look at his blank expression.

"That wasn't a suicide attempt." I explained running a ran through my wet hair, not entirely wanting to explain.

"It wasn't?" He asked his expression still blank. I shook my head and stopped mid shake when I remembered what he told me and the kiss.

I made an attempt to get up but felt a throbbing pain on my hip and landed back down on the ground wincing.

I turned my head down at my side and frowned at the blood staining my ripped jeans from the hip to my thigh. It wasn't a lot of blood but enough to make it noticeable. 

"You're hurt?" He asked but I didn't answer him and tried to stand up again.

He shot up from the ground and leaned down to help me. I flinched when he wrapped his arm around my waist but let him help me up, pushing his arm off of me once I was standing on my feet.

"Thank you." I mumbled turning my face away hoping he didn't notice the blush growing darker on my cheeks.

I limped my way to the side of the bridge ignoring him when he called out for me to wait but didn't make it four steps away when I felt him put grab onto my arm.

"Yes?" I asked not turning to face him.

I felt his hand leave my arm and out of curiosity I took a peek behind me but saw no one until I turned my head to right and saw him standing right next to me.

I jumped back and inhaled sharply.

"Sorry." He said but he didn't really look like it because he looked amused and the corner of his lips were lifting upwards.

He shifted his eyes down and lost all trace of amusement so I followed his gaze and bit down on my lip when I saw a small portion of the gash on my thigh.

"You need to get that checked out." He said. I shook my head and took a step back, biting down on my lip again.

"It'll heal." I answered taking another step back when he took a step forward.

A gasp escaped out of from my mouth and I froze mid step, wincing at the pain that shot from the top of my hip and down my thigh.

"Please let me help you ." He said sounding almost like he was pleading.

My eyes flew up to his only to find him staring right back at me with his eyebrows knitted together.

I felt the blush creep up on my cheeks again so I sighed out trying to sound annoyed and looked away from him, giving him a simple nod.

"I'm going to carry you, okay?" He informed me just before he scooped me up into his arms and I quickly hooked my arms around his neck, afraid that I might fall.

He chuckled and looked down at me but I avoided his gaze, focusing on a squirrel running past the trees.

He carried me in silence, glancing down at me every now and then but I continued to avoid him until we reached the bench that was a few feet from the path of the bridge, and he set me down carefully.

"A store is right up the street do you want to wait here or-" I cut him off by eagerly nodding my head not bothering to hide my pained expression.

"Okay wait here, I'll be right back." He said turning to leave but looked back at me with a serious expression that sent chills running down my body.

"Don't move from here just stay put, okay?" I nodded once again and with that he took off running.

I watched until he disappeared and turned down on look at my thigh. I lifted part of the material that was torn from my jeans and bit down on my lip when I saw a jagged piece of glass sticking within the flesh. 

It was really stupid of me and I should have waited for him to come back but instead I grabbed onto the edge of the jagged glass and yanked it out.

I nearly cried out in pain but I threw my hand over my mouth right at the same time I managed to hear the faint sound of Changming's hyena laughter.

I didn't think twice also don't know how I had the energy to run but I did and didn't stop until I made it on the street of my house, fighting off the pain, dizziness, and blood running down my leg.

I was right in front of the gate of my house when I collapsed onto the pavement. 

The last thing I saw was the grey cloudless sky and felt the raindrops hitting my face before everything went pitch black as darkness engulfed me.

 

 


March 20, 2017:

Ch. 4 will be out soon, just editing it. Still haven't changed the characters Nick and Changming so I'm open to ideas if you have any!

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.