Chapter 2

Edge Of Rain

Author's Note- March 19, 2017:

Thank you to those who have subscribed.

Ch. 2 is officially unhidden. Enjoy!

 


It was the middle of September when I first met Kris.

The encounterment was a complete misunderstanding between the both of us.

And it wasn't a common encounter that most people can consider normal.

In fact that day the sky was turning a variety shades of gray and it also involved quite a lot of physical pain on my part.

My day started off pretty normal except for the fact that I was sick at my house laying in bed. I got tired of watching movies and there was nothing interesting going on at home so I decided to leave the house not bothering to get dressed up or take anything with me.

I took a trip down to the park and went down towards my usual destination. It consisted of walking to the left of the park, down a semi long path, taking a right turn, up a small hill until I reached a white marble bridge.

I leaned against the bridge, closed my eyes, and inhaled the fresh air even though I had a stuffy nose.

After a few minutes of letting my mind wonder I felt my whole body stiffen at the sound of Changming's hyena laughter and my cousin's voice echoing through the park. My eyes scanned the area and wondered from where they were coming from because their voices just echoed through the park.

I should have confronted them but I wasn't feeling well enough to put up with them so I glanced around trying to look for a somewhere to hide but found nothing decent. I heard once more hyena laughter and felt shivers of disgust run down my whole body.

I began to panic and didn't think twice as I pushed myself up on to the bridge. I took a look down at the water under the bridge and hesitated to jump. I felt my legs begin to wobble and heard the fallen leafs crunching under someone's footsteps.

I held my breath and shut my eyes. 

 

One.....

 

 

 

 

Two....

 

 

 

 

And Three!

 

 

I jumped into the water and flinched when my hip hit a sharp rock also hitting down on the side of my thigh.

My plan was to quietly swim over to the side of the bridge where I hoped they won't spot me but it was ruined when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

My eyes flew open and I began to struggle against the person's grip. However it was no use because the person only held me tighter as they pulled us up to the surface.

I barely had any time to gasp for air when the person scooped me up bridal style and I winced when I felt pain on the left side of my hip.

I opened my mouth to protest but quickly shut it when I saw a him looking down at me.

My vision was blurred but to me he looked stunningly beautiful. Like an angel.

He rushed us out of the water and set me down onto grass at the edge of the pond, laying me down carefully. I squinted my eyes at him but froze when I realized his face right in front of mine.

The next thing he did was press his lips against mine and I was more stunned when he brought his hand up to cup my cheek. My eyes widened when he tried to move his lips against mine and felt my cheeks become flushed.

His lips felt strangely amazing against mine but I panicked and pushed him away.

I pushed myself up onto my elbows and glared at him when he started at me like it was normal for him to kiss a stranger.

When I blinked away the blurriness from my eyes and couldn't help but stare up at him in awe when it wasn't just my blurred vision when I thought he looked stunningly beautiful. I quickly snapped out of my trance and let a scowl appear on my face.

"What the hell are you doing?" I yelled.

He titled his head to the side and flashed a smile.

"Giving you a reason worth living for." He said.

 

A WHAT?!

 

Next thing I knew he was leaning in to kiss me again.

 

 


Please subscribe and comment <3