Chapter 1

Edge Of Rain


 

 I don't understand how love or one's feeling were a game. I know that I was a joke to my cousin and his friends but I still didn't understand.  

 My cousin and I were pretty close when we were kids but as we reached the age, 6 things started to slowly change. He was spoiled a lot by his parents, loved to brag about the things he got, and played out a little drama when he didn't like the way we played which always ended with me getting scolded at by his mom.     

 As years went by he and I stopped seeing each other as cousins. I didn't like the way he acted and how the way his eyes turned to complete hatred whenever I came across his line of vision. I really wondered what I had done wrong but things became more difficult when he began to target me.

   The first time was a simple phone call from one of his friends, Changming.

The sky was a terrible dark shade of grey, the rain fell down from the sky with force, and all I had to protect me from the rain was an umbrella.

I was walking home from the junior high school that I lived a decent distance from when my phone rang loudly. I answered even though I didn't recognize the number and turned up the volume to listen better when I realized that Changming was the one speaking to me.

I told him to repeat what he had just said and made sure to listen more carefully. He went straight to the point and asked me out, it was the first time anyone had asked me out. 

I was surprised and didn't know how to answer but managed to say that I didn't know him well enough, knowing that it was such a lame answer but didn't know how to respond because I didn't feel anything towards him.                                                                                                                                                      However, he didn't take no as an answer and insisted we should give it a try. I was stupid for believing him and agreed to give it a try. What I didn't know was that my cousin and Changming were laughing at me the whole time while they recorded the phone call.                                                                                                                  They let the recording spread throughout the school and it only resulted with stares, pointed fingers, whispers, and rumors. It went on for a couple of weeks until it died out and people stopped. But my cousin and Changming still laughed to themselves. I tried my best to ignore them all and treated them like it was no big deal.

The second time was when we were in high school and it was also the one that hurt me the most.

There are many side effects to a broken heart, and in my case, it was the inability to trust again. I built my walls, protecting myself from future harm. I was afraid. And I was confused. Is love worth risking all this pain? 

•••

To start off I developed a small crush on him without realizing it but brushed it off.

Then he came up to me one day introducing himself as Nick, making small talk with me but I was too shy to say anything and just listened to him speak. After that we became friends but I soon I came to notice that my small crush had developed much greater than what it had originally been.

One day I went to go visit Nick at his house but froze just as I was going to ring the doorbell when I heard my name and recognized my cousin's voice.

I peeked inside the small open gap of the window only to see Nick and my cousin arguing followed by my cousin throwing a wad of money at Nick.

"Just because you won the bet doesn't mean you have to be so cocky. This better be the last time you ask for more money!"

I leaned back from the window and stood there shocked for a few seconds until I heard my cousin say he was leaving.

As soon as I turned to run away my path was blocked by a smirking Changming. He grabbed onto me just as I tried to escape again but I brought my knee and hit him right in his private area.

I got away but when I woke the next day Nick was standing by my front gate and let him explain himself. He was just as suprised as I was with my cold attitude.

He even got on his knees begging for forgiveness. It was a bit dramatic but I had a hard time getting my thoughts straight and eventually accepted his apology.

"Why is he doing this?" I asked Nick.

He looked up, his expression as if someone slapped him and hung his head in shame. "Revenge." Was all he said.

Things really did change with who I was, how I acted, and having the company of anybody ever since those two experiences. Like before my cousin went onto humiliating me and even though I didn't show like it mattered to me I knew that I was just in denial.

I went onto hating the moments when others began to make bets and play dares on asking me out and all that brought me down into depression.

I lost the few friends I had but continued on with my life going around like nothing could touch me but in truth, I was scared out of mind.

I was always alone and my thoughts drove my crazy to the point where I just always felt too confused about everything.

I don't know how but I pulled myself together, got to my senses, and slowly got past my depression.

I didn't get my friends back but that didn't mean I was going to befriend anybody else. I just went on with a daily routine of waking up in the mornings, getting up to go school, coming back home in the afternoon, eating my meals, focusing on studying, going to sleep, and it was always the same dull routine.

By the time I started to feel relaxed, my life took up another storm.

That day I prayed to skies that I could survive it and hoped that I would.

 


  

 

This was just an intro that leads up to Taoris. The other characters are not as important and just there because they're needed for the beginning.

 

Fill free to speak your mind on this story. I will be open minded on whatever you guys have to say about my story and hope that you guys will be honest with me. 

Please support me though and remember to Subscribe! ^^ 

 

March  17, 2017:

 

Ch. 1 is officially unhidden for you guys to read. I will be unhiding the others later today.

I will also be making changes to the characters Nick and Changming just because I want to pick other characters for them. But if you have any ideas of who should play them, please let me know.