Final

Your Wings

This is the one of the rare place that you still can see the laughter. The joyful in each expression and the rare place when everything looks pure and simple. This is the place when Joon always seat and waiting; amusement park.

He was waiting for 2 years straight. Every day, on the same time, at the same bench, he will seat there waiting. He waiting for something uncertain, something he didn’t know. He didn’t have reason to wait yet here he is every day on the same time and place, waiting till the sun went down.

He lives his life normally. Eat, work, socialization, he even in the mid process to adopt a little girl who being abused by her mom. He has lot of friends and colleagues, they are all respect him, but he felt empty. There’s an empty space inside his heart which can’t be replace by anything.

Not that it doesn’t burden him, every night he’ll lying awake on his bed, craving for something he didn’t know, something he didn’t understand, but exist. There’re times when he breaks down, when he cried out of the night and can’t stop himself from crying.

Joon took a deep breath and lifted his face to the sky. There’s some longing he feels when he sees the sky. He never had the urge to look at the sky before, but now, whenever and wherever he is, he’ll spare some time to look at the sky. Just to watch for a moment before get going again. Somehow, it relief him.

The sun going down and the night are come. Usually, he waited till the sun sets, then he’ll pick up his coat and come home, back to his life. Tonight is different. He didn’t want to get off from his seat. He wanted to wait little longer, another hour to look surround him.

He watched till the sky went black, and cold breeze hit him. Till the crowd went to loner, and once again, he left alone in the dark. Like usual, Joon will walk away with the same emptiness he carried in his heart, stealing the last glance to the bench before continue to walk home.

The place he called home now just a building which kept him from cold and heat. It’s just an empty shell, like the most part of his life. When Joon ready to come to bed, he lying and staring to nowhere, embrace his own self for not to shatter. His mind will wander off, drift to moments when he feels fulfilled. That time, tear will escapes his eyes, and he’ll cry till he fell asleep.

***

When morning comes, the circle will be replayed. He tried hard to fulfill his life, to live it like others people did; happy, meaningful. But he can't. He didn't know what the color of his life, he didn't know how to fill his life, what to fill his life. The little girl he wants to adopt, he hopes she could be his joy, could fill the empty hole in his life.

In Joon's eyes they are two broken person who tried to make their life meaningful. That's why Joon held the little girl firmly, he wants her to live her life to the fullest. He wants to be someone who shows her the world, like someone done it to him.

"What kind of place is Amusement Park?" the little girl asked with his tiny voice. She barely talked, which makes Joon always feel a pang of hurt whenever she speaks and reminded about how mature she is at her age.

Joon tighter his grip on the little girl's hand. "It's a fun place where we can get a lot of fun," he said to her.

The little girl furrowed her brows as the concept fun is strange to her. Joon bended and kiss her forehead, which makes her slightly jump. She still not use to it, for having someone to touch her. Joon promised himself to make the girl get use for lovely touch. "You see the thing over there?" he asked, pointed at a stand. "It's cotton candy. Why don't you get it for yourself? It tastes very good."

Joon smiled when the five years old girl's eyes widen with amaze, a pure expression he missed so badly. "I can?" she whispered.

"Yes, of course you can my little angel." Joon gave her some cash. "I'll wait for you here, go in line and buy lots for us."

A doubt reflexes in her round eyes. "You will wait here?"

He ruffled her head slowly, get on his knees for their face being on the same level. Joon looked into those eyes, didn't break the contact even once. "I won't leave you," he replied, seeing through the real question she wanted to ask.

"I'll wait you on that bench, so you can always see me," Joon convinced the girl.

Minutes passed before the girl slowly nodded and made her way to go in line. Joon didn't part his eyes from the girl, watching her from afar. He took his seat on the bench, smiling once the girl turned to look at him. He let himself do what he always do, looking through the sky.

"I know you fall for the girl once we see her," said a voice that he longed so badly.

Joon tilted his head to the owner of the voice. "She resembles you a lot," he replied with dry voice. Tears threaten to spill.

The younger shook his copper head. "Ani, she's more than it."

Tear slipped from his eyes, so does the younger. Joon opened his arms, and soon, the younger fell to his hug, embraced him firmly. Joon buried his nose on the younger's head, drowning himself in the sweet scent he missed.

"I miss you," he whispered.

"They ripped off my wings," Mir said softly.

Joon held the younger closer to him, finally felt complete. "I don't care, you still you."

He remembered it as clear as yesterday, what happened on their part.

Flashback

Seungho comes closer and extends a hand to touch Joon, who looked at him with an empty gaze. Seungho saw the human's soul died in the process. He lifted his hand down. He can't, it just worst than murder, to take the light of the soul.

"Don't," Joon said weakly. The first sound he made.

The archangel looked at him, which now filled with determination. "Don't ever erase every single memory I had about him," he said. "Please, I’ll give you anything, I’ll do everything, but don't take the rest of him from me. It's all I have."

Seungho closed his eyes as emotion of sorrow strongly hit him. He took the broken human into his arms. "I won't, I promise I won't take any single of it."

He felt the human trembled in his arms, dying with every minute passed. He remembered the conversation he made with Byunghee that night, the destination they willing to take for their brother.

"Lee Joon, listen to me carefully," he said to the broken human. "They will tear off Mir's wings and throw him away, but he won't be vanishing." Joon looked at the archangel without a word. Seungho made sure he is listening then he continues. "I and Byunghee will do something to make Mir could stay here, as human."

Joon's eyes widen with hope, but he's too afraid that it's only in his head. Seungho held his hand firmly. "Please be strong, and wait for him. I don't know how long it takes, but please keep believe," Seungho said. "You must be there to take care of him when we can't do that anymore."

 

"Both Seungho and Byunghee hyungs sacrificed themselves to make me stay here," Mir said with tremble voice. "They gave up their position as archangel and being an angel. They are forbid to meet me ever again and their memory about me will be erased."

Joon hugged the younger tighter to comfort him. He now understands what Seungho's meant that day. His heart ached for them. For Seungho, Byunghee, and for Mir. He feels guilty beside his happiness. "Now I don't have any family left for me," Mir said slowly.

The older lifted his head. "You have me. You will always have me. I'll be your brother, your family, anything that you need. You won't be alone, Mir."

Mir closed the gap between them and kiss him slowly. Joon closed his eyes feeling the bliss Mir allowed him to have. The soft of Mir's lips still the same. Joon still addicted to it just like he remembers.

"You will always be the part of me, Joonie," he said once their lips parted.

"So do you," Joon replied, drew his hand to comb the copper hair.

"I wanna be with you so bad that I allowed them to sacrifice themselves for me," Mir confessed, eyes filled with tears. "I love you, more than anything. I love you with my life. I love you whether it’s wrong or right. I-"

"Ssshh," Joon cut him off. His slender fingers wiped those tears away. "I love you too."

A smile now could be seen at the perfect face, despite the tears which stained. Joon smiled too, finally see the fulfill of his life. Just this one person, could save him and draw a rainbow on his life.

"They said they have each other, and they will find a way to make us meet again."

"I believe so," Joon convinced the younger. "You need to believe it too, my angel."

A blush creped to Mir's cheeks. "I'm not an angel anymore, Joonie."

"You are," Joon said, didn't leave a room for argue. "You still are."

"Only for you," Mir agreed, smiling sincerely.

Joon looked passed Mir, to the young girl who soon be an add to their family. They are two people with a broken heart, but they are family now. If Joon was having a doubt earlier, now he doesn't. He knows he can show the world for the girl. With an angel on their side, he knows he can get through anything. With Mir now fill his world, Joon knows what to call his world now; perfection.

 

-end-

 

 

Written by: Honey June

 

 


After quite a long time, this journey comes to an end. I still remember how doubted I am when the story's first build. Do you all will like this? How your reaction will be? Those question keep popping into my mind. By the time going, you all give me a courage and support which make me stop doubting and try hard not to dissapoint you.

So, I wanna thank you all my 16 subbies ;

JooMiForLike 

MeroMarocco 

Mblaq_Mirue 

forgetful_person 

Arisa4 

abnormal_mblaq 

GenerationX

Applescent

ksurangk

YamaTen_andromeda

NotAppropriate

HongMir 

AlwaysLoveMBLAQ 

ClaudineB

hollyhock23

Kuroi_28 

It's a pity that I don't really know you all one by one personally, but I hope I will have the chance. I thank you guys a lot more than I could express. Also for those who their names always show regularly on the comment box, I love you guys. Your endless support always push me forward that I can't ask for more. I hope we'll meet again on your story or on my next story. ^^

Last, but not least, to all my silent readers. I'm thankful that you guys spare some time to read my story. I don't know whether you like it or not, but I hope you enjoy reading it like I enjoy writing it. ^^

See you on next journey.