Chapter 2

Your Wings

Joon looked at his surrounded in confuse. He's at the park. The park where he and Yoonhwa used to come. He reluctantly took a step ahead, didn't really get how he ended here.

"Joon," called a familiar voice. Joon knows the voice very well till it hurts. He looked to the voice's direction. There's Yoonhwa, smiling at him with her warm smile.

Joon forgot how to move, how to speak. Like paralyzed, he freeze at his place. He didn't dare to move, scare a single move will take Yoonhwa away. She extended her hand and move closer. Once they erased the distance between them, Joon took her to his arms. Finally, he felt complete.

"I missed you," he said, buried his face to her shoulder, let her scent filled his nose. The fragrance of flowers filled him. Joon tighter his grip. "Don't leave me ever again."

Right after the words spoken, Joon grasped the air. Yoonhwa vanished. Joon opened his eyes in fear. He desperately looked around, just to meet by darkness. He started running, to find her. Along with his pace, he shouted her name again and again.

"YOONHWA! YOONHWA-"

"YOONHWA!" Joon opened his eyes, hand hanging in the mid air like he grabbed into something unseen. Sweat, along with tears dripped all over his face. His heart beat fast and his breath unsteady. He sat immediately from his sleeping position and looked around him desperately. He's on his bed, in his room. With a sight, he wiped his sweaty face. He'd dream the same dream over and over for months.

Joon went to the washroom to wash his face, trying to erase the nightmare off his mind. He splashed the cold water on his face and wipes it dried with towel. He felt his throat burnt for crying and shouting in hours so he went out to the living room, intend to grab some water when a voice startled him.

"Bad dream?"

Joon looked over and found Mir sat on the floor, hugging his knee when his back rested on the front door. His wings braced over his self, giving warm the boy needed. On the back of Joon's head, he wondered if it's still a dream and the angel in front him was none other than a part of his fantasy. Mir looked at Joon with some loneliness in his eyes which make Joon flinched. "What are you doing there?"

The angel stood up and folded his wings. "You said not to come near you, and I don't have your permission to use your couch, so I stay there," he said the matter of factly. Not with sarcasm, nor humor.

Joon brought the glass to his lips and emptying the glass, didn't really know what to say to the angel. The latter never leave his gaze from Joon. Joon let him be. He’s not feeling uncomfortable, like he always feels if any other person see him like the angel did. Opposite, he feels quite used to it. Joon put the glass down on the table and eyeing Mir with question in his eyes.

"Can I come closer now, Joonie?" the angel asked. Joon never know if it's because a soft voice that the angel used or because such an affection name the boy stated him which made him nodded absentmindedly.

Mir came near Joon; carefully measure every step with eyes never leaving the older, soothing him. Once Mir reached the slightly taller man, he brought his hand to that raven hair and it to the back of the older's ear. Neither of them uttered a word. Joon surprised when he found himself leaned into the touch. He closed his eyes when Mir began to caress him slowly. 

"I always dream the same dream," he said out of nowhere. It was another surprise for both of them. Joon felt Mir's hand moved reluctantly and finally stop. He almost withdrew his hand off before Joon held it and placed it on his cheek. He opened his eyes to give the angel hint about what he wants. Mir accomplished and Joon absorbed the warm he felt. This is the first time he ever felt such a warm, and for over months, he finally feel safe.

"I dream about her countless times," Mir could hear the elder sighted. Up to this close, Mir has a clear view of Joon's face. The beautifulness on his face lined with sorrow and tiressy, though it didn't make the beauty faded. And Mir held it with his hand, seeing through the elder's closed eyes.

"She is my everything, why didn't she bring me with her?" a tear slip from Joon's eyes. It painful even just to say her name. It painful to see her in his dreams every night, knowing it just a dream. It painful to lost her over again.

Mir slowly wiped the tear away. When Joon opened his eyes, a complete destruction lurking in it make Mir's heart ache in agony. He took the broken man into his arms, brace him with all his own. He let his wings spread and braced them together, like protecting Joon from the cruelty of world. He Joon's back soothingly.

"She must be very happy knowing you love her so much," said Mir into Joon's ear softly.

Joon closed his eyes when another tear flew. He didn't really know whether it's Mir's words which soothing him or simply Mir his self. Next thing he knows, he slowly brought his hands to hold on the angel.

Mir tucked Joon to the bed. The silence dominated as they lie together on Joon's bed. Sometimes Mir will Joon's head which lied on his chest, waiting for the elder to drift back to sleep. Meanwhile Joon just lie there, stare into nothing less. He didn't feel cold anymore, but he still sees Yoonhwa whenever he closed his eyes. He moved a bit to hide his face on Mir's chest and broke the silence.

"Say something," he whispered to the angel, wanting to hear his voice. He needed something to distract his mind.

Mir stopped his movement on Joon's hair. "What you want me to tell?" he asked with smile glistered on his lips.

"Anything."

Mir continued on Joon's hair, feeling it somehow make the other calm. "Well, in my place, I have three best friends. They like brothers to me," Mir began. "They are very fun and precious. Seungho hyung is the oldest. He is a talented angel. His music is wonderful. He also the one who taught me how to fly. Seungho hyung used to be a responsible and capable. He acts like a leader among us, I always can depend on him."

A smile grew wider as Mir remembered about his brothers. "Byunghee hyung is the second older. He is like a mother, always so caring and kind. He always there to explain anything I don't understand. He has a miracle voice in him. You should hear Byunghee hyung singing sometime. His presence united us as one. Even Seungho hyung is softer around him.

"Lastly is Sanghyun hyung. We usually called him Cheondoong. Cheondoong hyung just slightly older than me. He is very beautiful angel. He is the mood maker; always entertain us with his personality. He is very kind and looks so young sometimes I think he is younger than me."

Mir smiled at Joon, who, during the story lifted his face to look at Mir. Joon saw a sincere on the angel's eyes, and he can tell Mir is very proud and treasure those friends of him. He asks a question to show him he is listening. "How old are you?"

"Around 19," Mir answered.

"Then I’m older too. You should call me 'hyung'." Mir chuckled softly. He can feel it's the way the elder slowly open up and accepting him. He pulled the blanket up to Joon's neck.

"Time to sleep, Joonie hyung."

Fear crawled in Joon made him taken a back slightly. He absentmindedly touches Mir's hand. Mir looked at him with question in his eyes. "W-Will-will you be here when I wake up?" Joon stuttered, a habit when he was nervous.

Mir flipped his hand backward and held the elder's hand. "I will, go to sleep now. Good night, hyung."

Joon slowly close his eyes. "Good night."

Mir still awake when the elder finally slept on his chest. He listens to Joon's neat breath and make sure he sleeps peacefully. However, another confusion creped inside of him. Slowly not to wake the elder, he moved to spread his wings and examine it. The grayish spread wider than before, covering not only the edge of his feather, but starting to color his middle part of wings with grey too.

Mir hugs Joon tighter, silently watching how his wings become darker with another sin he was fallen into; covet.

 

Written by : Honey June


It took me long enough to update, I'm really sorry and please wait patiently. Also, thank you for subscribing me! I'm so silly for not see it before. You all make me feel loved. I hope I don't make you dissapoint. Feel free to critic me. Till next time.