Chapter 4

Your Wings

After Seungho left, Joon watching the younger who sat next to him carefully. Mir seems in a deep thought. Tears still visible on his face but he did nothing to wipe them away. It’s the first time Joon seeing the angel’s tears. Just as soon as he saw it, he decided he didn’t like it.

For the first time since they met, Joon brought his hand to Mir’s face, initiated the touch. He erased the tears with his slender fingers. The touch brings Mir to look at the elder. Joon didn’t part his eyes from the shining round orbs, immersed into the purity in those.

“Don’t cry,” Joon heard himself saying, palm rested on Mir’s side face longer than necessary. “What’s wrong?”

A small smile crawled to the pink lips as the younger shook his head slowly. Still, Joon didn’t move his hand and extend the moment. He took a deep breath and asking what bothers him since the first time he saw Seungho. The thud in his heart which now he knows as fear.

“Will you go? Back where you belong?” Joon let the question slip his mouth.

Mir rested his head on Joon’s palm. “No. I won’t go anywhere,” he assured the elder. “I belong here.”

In a meantime, Joon feels relief. The fear he felt was gone. He knew something is happening. Something which change inside of him. He knows it maybe turns out bad, for attaching to someone he just meet. It’s strange to have this strong fear to the possibility Mir will leave. The strong feeling he feels for the younger leads him to another fears, but he won’t think about it now. He doesn’t want to think of it.

“Ah right, I forget this,” he said, showed the younger the forgotten cotton candy on his hand.

Seeing the soft pink candy lifted the younger’s mood in an instant. The bright smile plastered on his lips in pure excitement just like a child. He quickly took, almost seems like snatched, the candy from Joon’s hand. With the amazement that make his eyes widen, he took a little of the candy and bring it to his mouth.

Joon thought it’s the first time he saw such bliss just over a candy. The animated expression which very bright on the other’s face shows how grateful he is. It makes Joon remember his past when he was a little kid. When he still sees the beautiful of the world and such a simple thing could bring a smile into his face.

Mir took another bit and offered it kindly to the elder. “Don’t you want to try, Joonie? It’s really good,” he marveled, totally in love with the candy.

Joon surprised his self with leaning and let the younger to feed him. The sweet taste filled his mouth, but he’s much aware by the soft touch of Mir’s finger on his lip. Joon’s simple antic makes Mir smiled his contagious smile, knowing that, behind the simple gesture there’s an acceptance Joon trusted on him. It feels like Mir grants an allowed to enter the elder’s world.

His smile, being contagious as always, make Joon realizes it’s was a thousand better for the younger to smile than lost into deep thought and cry. The joy and cheer fit the younger’s beautiful face much. Thinking about it makes Joon’s lips twitch upwards slightly. Mir’s eyes widen.

“You’re smiling,” he voiced, immersed by the fact that Joon is actually smiling to him. “It’s the first time I see it up close,” he added, make Joon’s cheeks burn into a deep shade of maroon. He tilted his head away to hide his face from the enthusiastic angel.

“Joonie~” he whined, ran fingers below Joon’s chin to make the elder face him back. “Don’t hide it. It’s beautiful,” he said sincerely.

Joon averted his eyes away from the angel, too shy to respond. “So, let’s ride everything’s they got,” Mir said and dragging the elder all along.

***

Joon passed out on his couch once they get home. He never feels this exhausted after a long time. It feels like he had worked up for 5 hours non-stop that leave his body feels like Jell-O. Opposite with him, the younger still have lot of energy inside him. He jolted here and there, smile never leave his face.

It’s like everything is interested him, the peoples, the city and the lights. He would stop here and there just to watch, admiring such a beautiful sight. Next moment, he would look into Joon, offering a warm smile which remains in the elder’s mind.

Even after they rode almost everything, and go home, Mir still in high spirit. As Joon lie on his couch, Mir is sitting on the floor beside him, tracing the feature of the elder’s face with his eyes.

“What?” Joon asked through his closed eyes, knowing exactly the younger was staring.

“Just admiring,” Mir cooed playfully, trace of laughter laced his voice. The elder didn’t give a respond, and suddenly Joon opened his eyes and looked at the younger, who was taken aback by their close distance.

“Why suddenly your friend comes? I thought you said it broke every rule to come here.”

Mir quiet for minutes, didn’t really want to reveal the reason. He doesn’t want to break their path, which slowly develop and getting better each time passed.

A simple lie won’t be hurt. I don’t have much time left either way. He thought. And for the first time since his existence, he lies. “He just searches for me since I left without telling him.”

The sensation of lying sent an unpleasant feeling through his abdomen, makes him feel guilty almost at the minute. He ignored those feels. It’s not a concern anymore. “Then should I cook something? Don’t you hungry?” he said, quickly changed the topic.

Joon gets up from his lying position. “I don’t think I have anything to cook,” he said, referring to his state over six months, when he didn’t give a damn about eating and stuff. He just wants to die at the most time. The urge still there, inside his very deep heart, and he knows well he’ll feel it again when the night comes. When he lies alone on his bed in his empty room.

He didn’t let himself to think about the loneliness, he busied himself for not to. The angel who always being so near to him didn’t allow him to think so. Mir’s presence prevented him to stop and think about the pain he feels. The younger keeps showing him a new experience, another first time, to him, and it distracts him from any thought.

But all the thought rushed back when he opened the fridge and saw a dozen bottle of alcohol, which the only thing present inside. He looked at each bottle when all the thought ran inside his mind. How he used to drink till the numb feeling comes, till it’s hard even to walk. How he desperately drink to forget all his feel, counting to the numb feeling to take over, and drink even more, when the realized of the numb will faded in the morning and left him to those pain hit him.

Do the same thing over six months; it’s become a habit now. He extended his hand to grab the bottle.

Mir waiting on the couch, looking on Joon’s back when the elder opened the fridge to take a look. The sudden tense of Joon’s back aware him that something’s wrong even he didn’t look what is it yet.

“Joonie?” Mir questioned with worry.

The elder, although heard him, didn’t respond to the call. He extended his hand to grab something from the fridge. Mir could hear the clank of the material. He stood from his seat and come closer to where the elder seems freeze.

“Joonie, what’s wrong?” Mir repeated once he stood behind the elder. He reluctantly raised his hand to touch the elder’s upper arm and slowly caress it, calming a tensed arm under his palm.

Without answer, Joon turned back to face the angel, and finally Mir could see what’s in the elder grip. Mir’s eyes travelled back to Joon’s face, meeting his dark orbs. Joon’s eyes looked like a deep dark pool with uncertain. Looking so lost that make Mir wants to pull the broken soul into his arm, but he knows it’s not what the elder need right now.

Joon looked at the pair of eyes in front him, didn’t find any of judgment he afraid he’ll see. Mir looked at him right through, didn’t break the contact any second.

“We will get through this together,” Mir said with a strong tone laced, albeit his voice was soft. “I won’t leave you in this.” His hand’s stable when he touched the bottle in Joon’s hand. “You don’t need it Joonie, you can do this without it.”

The elder searching in those eyes. Searching for something he didn’t know he searches; certain. And he found it in those eyes.

Next thing he knows is he loosens his grip and let the younger to take the bottle from him and took it away.

They didn’t talk about it later. They decided to order the food since there’s nothing to eat. They eat in quiet, mostly because Joon lost in his thought. Mir lets him be, giving the space the elder needed. But he didn’t ignore the elder. He smiled when the elder look at him, need assure that the angel could offer. He took Joon’s hand with his own when Joon seems to break. He gets Joon together when all Joon could do is shattered.

The only rare moment Mir leaves Joon was when he’s taking a bath. Joon sat on the edge of his bed, already feeling uneasy with the dark that surrounded him. The water sound inside the bathroom is the only one that keeps his sanity; prove that he’s not alone.

The door cracked open and reveals Mir, clad in Joon’s pajama which hung bigger on him. His hair still wet from taking a bath. The view took Joon’s breath away. The uneasiness he felt before was gone. Soon, he feels safe.

“Why don’t you go to sleep?” Mir voiced and smiled his breathtaking smile.

Joon didn’t answer. It’s not like Mir needs the answer, he knew. He approached the bed and grabbed the blanket. “Come,” he instructed, tugging Joon softly to lie on. Joon obeyed. It’s embarrassing to acknowledge that Mir is tugging him, a completely adult, to sleep, but he can’t lie that he needs it.  

Mir put the comforter on the elder’s body, covering him till neck. With a soft smile, he Joon’s raven hair from his face. “Good night,” he murmured, leaned in closer and placed a chaste kiss on Joon’s forehead without thinking. Joon closed his eyes once the soft lips touch his skin.

“Mir?” he called when the angel nearly get outside the room and in the mid of closing the door.

“You need something?” Mir asked back, looking at him.

The deep shade of red crawled to Joon’s cheeks. “C-could you sleep with me?” he stuttered. His cheeks heated when he realized his words could be interpreted wrong way. “N-no, it’s not what I mean- I-“

Mir didn’t let the elder finish his sentence. He already closed the door and get into the comforter and lying next to Joon.

“You don’t need to explain,” he whispered, extended a hand to Joon’s maroon cheek. “All you need to do is ask.”

 

 

Written by : HoneyJune


So this is the 4th chapter. It's not really an intersting chappy, but I need it to develop thing between Joonie and Mireu. Thanks for the supports and comments you gave me, and thank you for waiting patiently. For silent readers, I love you all, it'll be very precious to me if you mind to comment. Enjoy reading! 

 

MeroMarocco You always be my suporter. I'm glad you enjoy the story, I hope it will remain till I finish this story. It's not much left, though. Also, congratulation for the chapter 2 of your story, it's very well written.  I'm anticipating your solo debut. ^^

JooMiForLike There'll be more SeungMir in the future.^^ I really planning of make a story with 87line as the main couple, since the story about them are rare. But I'll focusing on this one first. You love it? I'm glad then.^^ Please keep reading.

 

Karenkitty1092 Hello there! Nice to know what your thought about the story. Of course Seungho and G.O will try every method possible, legal or not, to help their younger family, so does Cheondoong, even if he isn't an archangel. But i'm afraid it's not much to be done. Both the hyungs will have a big role in the near future.