Chapter 5

Your Wings

"Stop crying," Joon said with what supposed to be reassuring voice, awkwardly patted the angel's copper head which rested on his chest.

Still, the muffled sobs didn't stop. Mir's shoulders shaking violently as he sobbing out of control, hands wrapped tightly around Joon's neck, holding on like its life safer. Joon sighted and rested his back onto the couch, brought the vulnerable angel with him. He lifted Mir's body to rest on his lap, so that the younger could be in comfortable position. Once Mir settled on Joon's lap, he curled himself tightly, buried his face even more to Joon's toned chest.

Joon the younger's back soothingly, tried to cheer up the broken angel.

I should never forget he is an angel, Joon regretted. Just now they strolled to convenience store together to fill up the fridge, and buy some clothes for the angel. They were animatedly debated about the meat when Mir looked at a little girl who cried hard being scolded and dragged by her mother. Joon remembered how hard the girl cries. Tears falling from her swollen eyes to her sunken cheeks. Later then Joon spotted purplish bruises protruding across her pale skin.

"Eomma, please stop," the girl pleaded back then. "Its hurt eomma, I’m sorry. Please stop, please." The girl's cry could be heard along the store. Every eyes set on the mother, who didn't care about the plead and going on her path to the cashier. Joon flinched when the sound of skin being slapped heard. The girl stopped crying, held her red cheek with her small hand.

If there's one thing Joon can't take in the dark world he lives, it's a child abuse. Joon turned back to Mir, to forget about the scene he just saw, only to find the younger shed a tear with very broken expression shown on his face.

"She just a little kid," Mir sounded, voice hoarse from crying, brought Joon back to present. Joon wrapped his arm around the angel. Month ago, he looked at the angel as a stranger, an outsider. As time passed, Joon becomes too rely on the younger. When he went to the office, all he could think is to go home, to the angel who waiting for him, the only place he doesn't feel like suffocated. He will have this fear of go to an empty house again until he finally steps inside the house and found Mir, welcoming him with a warm smile.

With Mir everything feels bearable. He can breathe. Mir brings him to life again, teaches him how to look at the world once again, how to feel happy, to be wanted. Slowly, he becomes cured. There're times when the nightmares back and haunted him, but Mir always be there, holds his trembling body and whispers shooting words till he calms. Now, every time he gets the nightmare, Joon'll force his self to wake up, knowing Mir will be there for him, and everything will be alright.

He knows, while curing himself, Joon faces another problem. His relines on Mir becomes far than healthy. Joon's needy over the younger sometimes scare himself out. Most times he tried not to think about it, ignoring the fact that Mir's existence becomes far too important for him. A month ago, he'll never thought of holding someone in his arms, calming them. It's funny how within a short time, they develop a deep trust between each other and keep changing role from the one who's protect to the one who's protected.

"I know," Joon sounded, hand reached out to untangle Mir's arms which around his neck and hold it into firm yet gentle grip instead. "Don't cry Mir," he persuaded.

Joon never knows Mir has such a soft heart until now. He's so pure and kind, it hurts him to think that kind heart got harshly ripped by the cruelty of the world. It leaves Joon a strange desire to protect the pureness inside of Mir.

"Mind to look at me?" Joon requested, without waiting for answer he sneaked his fingers below Mir's chin and lifted it to face him. The elder finally meet the swollen eyes, tears still staining. Even when those eyes become red and watery, it still stunning. Joon brought his hand to wipe those tears away.

"Can't we help her?" Mir asked, sounding so much like a child, a lost child.

The elder brushed the stray hair away from the younger's face. "I'm afraid we can't sweetheart." In his mind, he makes a note not allow the angel see the crime news and go outside alone.

"Its how this world works right? It's happen every time."

Joon felt the stupid desire to lie and protect the angel. He willing to give anything to make the world better for the younger, but no, he knows the angel didn't need the fake happiness. Mir, although kind heart, strong enough to carry the truth. Joon nodded.

Mir closed his eyes as in defeat, he returned Joon's firm grip like it will help him get through the emotion chaos inside him. Joon lets him be, giving time the angel need to regain his composure. He wiped another tear that fell to the pinkish cheek. Without much thinking, Joon leaned and placed a chaste kiss on Mir's both eyelids, just like Mir does whenever Joon cries.

Mir opened his eyes, surprised by the touch. It's the first time for Joon to touch the younger that way. Joon's lips travelled down to the cheek, as if deleted the trace of tears that visible. It feels right, the way Joon's lips rubbed his skin softly. The warmth that lingers after the touch makes Mir blushed. At the some point he stops crying, too immerse with the fact Joon's soft lips touch his skin.

"Better?"

Mir nodded, lost his ability to speak. Joon brought the younger into his embrace once again. “I don’t know what to do to cheer up someone. It’s you who always do that.”

“I’m sorry,” Mir murmured.

“Don’t be. I do it every time and you accept me,” Joon voiced. “How about dinner? Aren’t you starving?”

It's another first time for Joon to cook. Usually it will be the younger to cook, even though he can't be called a great cookers. His food almost always burn. The taste is weird, Joon certain that Mir uses sugar instead of salt, but still, he ate it gladly, never left anything on his plate, the fact that always make Mir smiles wide.

Joon prepared the pan while Mir sits on the chair behind him, preparing the table. Joon stole a glance to the vulnerable angel here and there, watching him while cooked. He can tell the angel still a bit down with the absence of his chattering.

"Joonie?"

"Hmm?" he responded.

Mir stares into nothingness, didn't answer for minutes. Joon turned off the stove and served the food, his man-made fried rice. He sat opposite to Mir and pushed the plate in front of the younger. "What is it?"

The angel bit his bottom lip and shook his head, refused to tell what exactly inside his mind. He can't, no matter how hard he tried to tell Joon about his punishment, he just can't disappoint Joon. He tried for numerous times every day, knowing the time is near, but the words can't surpass his lips.

"You know you can tell me everything, right?" Joon stated, extended hand to hold Mir's cold hand.

Mir nodded and smiled. Joon noted something seem off from the smile. It's not a pure and sincere smile like the younger always have. Its fill with something deeper, like he kept a secret that he wants Joon to know without tell.

"So, how to make your wings visible and invisible wherever you want?" Joon asked, kindly offering a distraction from their previous conversation. It's what they always do when eat and before go to sleep, they'll talk anything about them that make the other knows more. Mir's thinking about his answer carefully.

"We trained since young, to hide it or spread it. Whenever we fold the wings, it becomes invisible for anyone's eyes. Its one of the training for archangel, if someday they need to go down to earth."

Joon raised a bow. "So archangel can freely go down to earth?"

"Not freely. It's just if they're assigned to do so. Nobody allowed coming down freely," Mir explained.

The elder nodded. "So it works like camouflage," he stated. Mir is the one who nodded this time.

He brought a spoon to his mouth and ate in silence, processing the new information he got. Mir watched him when the elder seems lost in his own thought. However, Joon didn't voice his feeling when he concluded that Mir forced to hide his true self in front of him, and another worries that stay in the background of his heart lately.

***

The clock hits midnight when Mir still looked through the window from the place when he lies. The city was bright with lights. Mir watched each light, imprinted the view into his mind. Next to him, Joon sleeping soundly. The nightmare didn't come too often now. Mir some stray hair from his face, caressing his face softly with his fingertip.

It's the most thing he doesn't want to forget. The beautiful contour of Joon, sensation being with him, days they passed together, all become too important to the angel. He won't forget a single thing.

Tears came down from both eyes as Mir looked at Joon. He doesn't want to leave, he doesn't want to part with him. He wants to keep the soul that now lightens like a flame red, he wants to stay. But each part of his body tells him that he ran out of time. The time comes, and it crushes his heart to think of leaving Joon alone once again.

He covered his mouth with his palm, prevented the sobs to escape his lips. It's the first time for him to feel such an intense pain in his heart. It's more painful than seeing Joon month ago, knowing now he can't even be here to fix the broken he made. He stopped crying when Joon turned and lying sideways, facing him. A moment later, Joon opens his eyes, seeing right through Mir's wet eyes.

"Can't sleep?" he mumbled.

Mir shook his head and tried to smile, but tears still fall from his eyes. Joon wiped those tears away with his fingers. "Don't cry," he persuaded, gently kiss the younger's forehead. "You cry much today, still thinking about the little girl?" Joon asked softly, rubbing Mir arm to soothe the angel.

The angel just nodded and come closer to Joon, who pulled him into a tight embrace willingly. Mir could heard a rapid heartbeats of Joon, which calming him somehow. He brought his hand and circled it around Joon's waist.

Joon lifted the younger's chin and looked at him right in the eyes. Mir's eyes filled with uncertain and sorrow, which hurts Joon in ways he didn't think possible. Mir's eyes widen in surprised when Joon leaned in and close the gap between their lips.

The kiss was tender  and light. Mir closed both his eyes, feeing Joon’s soft lips on his. It feels sweet, the sweetness which Mir never grew tired of. His heart beating faster and uncontrollable, every inch of his skin burn under Joon’s touch.

Joon delicately place his hands on either side of Mir’s face, afraid somehow his touch will broke the angel. He slowly moved his lips, nibbling Mir’s lower lips softly with his teeth.

A rush of desire shot through Mir’s body. He wants something he can’t explain, he didn’t know what to do except to get closer to Joon, so he tangled his hands to Joon’s raven hair.

Just like that the kiss slowly turned into passionate kiss. It’s tender and passionate at the same time. Joon moved so that Mir’s pinned below him. Their lips didn’t part even a second. The tip of Joon’s tongue slowly Mir’s bottom lip, which between his lips. He did it again and again, with the same slow pace, which drives Mir crazy of something he didn’t know.

Joon continued to kiss the younger’s soft lips. There’s no other thing occupied his mind except how right it could be, tasting the younger lips on his. The death grip Mir set on his hair is the only one that makes him keep going despite Mir’s unmoved lips.

The kiss once again set in slow pace. Joon lightly caressed his lips to the angel’s lips, afraid his rush will scare the younger. Joon left the last peck before parting their lips, giving them a distance to able to see the younger.

Mir’s eyes filled with lust and uncertain. He blinked when their lips parted, lost the sensation he felt earlier, but didn’t turn off the desire’s flame inside of him. His breathe became heavy, so does Joon. None of them broke their eye’s contact.  Mir lost in those shining orbs, which intensely watching him.

The elder watching how Mir’s cheeks became red with heat, and the sound of his rapid breathe can be clearly heard. Joon never see someone as pretty as him, not even Yoonhwa. The fact he didn’t even think about Yoonhwa when he kissed the angel didn’t surprise him. What surprised him is the desire he feels for the younger. All he can think of is to taste those delicious lips again.

Brought a finger to trace Mir’s bottom lip, Joon tried to process what just happened. He felt guilty for taking advantage of Mir’s confuse and vulnerable state. He looked at now swollen and redden lips, trailed his finger down.

The hitch of Mir’s breathe is the only sign Joon got before Mir cupped his face and brought him closer and lock their lips together. This time, Mir’s lips moved with his, creating a slow pace between them.

Mir pressed his lips on to Joon’s slightly, barely grazing the elder’s lips. Mir left a soft little pecks, carefully brushed his lips against Joon’s. His lips are as light as feather, which drives Joon crazy with lust, but he let Mir leaded, moving with the pace Mir set up.

With his fingers, Joon lightly caressed Mir’s cheek, soothing him to keep going. That’s why he felt a tear ran through Mir’s cheek. Mir broke the kiss, slightly part their lips. The pain inside his heart became unbearable with each minute that passed.

“I love you Joonie,” he whispered to Joon’s lips.

Joon widened their distance, seeing the angel with surprised. He saw the sincere and defeat in Mir’s eyes. He opened his mouth, was about to say something when there’s a knock on their bed room’s door.

“Mireu,” Seungho’s voice rang through the silence.

 

Written by : HoneyJoon

 

 


Now only 2 chapters left. It left me with mixed feeling; happy it will end soon, but also sad to be parting. >.< Since it only left with 2 chapters, please wait patiently and be with me till the end. Your endless support is the only thing that could bring me until this step. Whether you are commenting or just be a silent reader, or decide to appreciate me further by subscribbing, I'm still grateful and thank you all. I hope you all enjoying this as much as I do. Well, sadly I must attend a camp next weekend. I didn't know I could update or not, because I also have a mid-term exam on Thursday. So please be patient. ^^

 

MeroMarocco Not only Joon, but our Mir will be broken too, because he fell with Joon long ago, when he looked into his soul for the first time. Now the story coming to an end, I hope you still like it. ^^

GenerationX Little by little, they develop trust within each other and the bond between them becomes unbreakable. Mir knows how to cure Joon, to show the world once again. he willing to do whatever he can do even it hurt him and drown him into another sin. ^^ Don't worry, I won't stop till the story finished, please continue to read.

Karenkitty1092 Joon slowly starts to get better, but I'm afraid it's Mir that in trouble now. Please continue to read this one. ^^