Chapter 3

Your Wings

"Let's go unwind, hyung!" chirped Mir happily toward the elder who eating his breakfast. He wears Joon’s clothes which drown him. He looks so small within the clothes. His floppy locks bounced around his face, make him looked utterly cute in odd way.

Joon chewed his egg slowly, devouring the taste. It's another first time, after a long time, someone ever cook for him. The burnt egg Mir cooked for him is the best egg he tastes compared to those restaurant sell. The latter seemed worried though, but Joon ate without complained, actually with a grateful. Waking up and seeing Mir's bright smile and felt the boy's hand around him, just like his promise, totally made up his day.

"Unwind?" Joon said after finishing his breakfast. "I already unwind for half a year."

Mir smiled widely and took both of Joon's hand. "I'll show you the real unwind."

What the Angel meant with unwind is they, flying into the first tallest tower Mir see and landed there. Mir smiled widely when the strong breeze touched his face and he looked toward the elder.

"The view is magnificent, isn't it?"

Joon cannot find his self to speak, seeing a breathtaking view in front him. He can't believe something so beautiful could be seen at such height. Thank God he isn't scare with the height; even so, he's not that confident to look down. When the angel hugged him and spread his wings, told him to hold tight, he's hardly refuse the angel's crazy thought, and not willing to experience the fly at all. Now, he glad he didn't refuse too hard.

From where he's standing, he can see all the skyscrapers below. It's all shining when sunlight hit the surface. If he wanders his eyes further, he could see the sea, see the waves hit the sand, the birds flew by. Joon focused on those birds, seeing how they fly in colony, how they play in the air. It’s bringing Joon some feels he can't explain.

"This is somehow feels like freedom, don't you think?" Mir said after a long silence, held Joon's hand with his own.

Joon found himself returning the hold, thinking over Mir's words. The angel was right. It indeed feels like a freedom, a feeling he can't explain before. He could feel the freedom that he hardly feels over half year. "Thank you," he said. The angel looked at him with questioning eyes. "For bring me here."

Mir shook his head, tugging a stray of his copper hair to the back of his ear. "Anytime, Joonie hyung."

Joon stared at the beautiful view around him again, can't really took his eyes off the view. He wondered whether it's the view that Mir always sees when he flies.

He's right Joon thought solemnly. It's indeed a freedom. I just don't get it why he leaves it over me. Joon brought his eyes to dart on the angel once again. Mir smiled a little smile to him.

For nearly an hour, they sat side by side, no one uttered a word. Mir looked relax with Joon next to him, even if the elder sometimes will shot him a look. Joon can't help it. Now there's a perfectly beautiful creature next to him. Since there are only two of them, Mir didn't bother to hide his wings. It's one of the reasons that Joon can't take his eyes away from the younger, except the pretty face. His wings shining under the sunlight, captured it white pearls color with a trace of gold spread. Joon frowned a little when he saw the grayish color on the wings. Somehow it seemed darker and spread a lot more than yesterday, but how it could be?

"It's enough?" Mir asked when the elder keep looking at his way.

Joon blushed in red because he caught staring. He nodded to the younger. "Let's go to another place," he said, make the angel's eyes shining in excitement. Joon offered him a deal. "You brought me here, anywhere you want to go? I'll bring you there. It’s a payback."

"Amusement park!" Mir yelled cheerfully.

Just like that, Joon was dragged all the way to experience another first experience in his life. He surely had been going to amusement park before, when he was a little kid, with his family from the orphanage. Back then, he was seven.

Yoonhwa is a mature and calm woman. She prefers to watch movies or concert, hang out to club or café, and read in public library. Joon never do the childish act like going to amusement park with her. Therefore, going to amusement park at the age of twenty two, with a stranger yet beautiful angel was the first time ever.

Maybe he isn’t a stranger. Joon thought while eyeing the younger jolted happily around him. It’s true they just met yesterday, but deep inside him, Joon realized he feels something toward the younger. A familiar feeling which allows him to be comfortable with the latter’s presence. It feels like he know the angel for a long time.

“Omona, is that what I think is it?”

Joon looked toward the direction and see what amazed Mir; cotton candy.

The stand was surrounded by kids who, like Mir, amazed with the candy. The man who makes the candy smiling kindly to the viewer and show them some skill to make the candy.

“Have you tried it Joonie?” Mir cooed, eyes never leaving the candy.

“I haven’t.” He guided Mir to sit on the bench near. “Wait here, I’ll be right back.”

The younger watched Joon’s back as he joined the crowd. He smiles toothily when Joon arrived at the stand.

“So he is the person you always watch?”

The smile faded from his lips when he recognize the familiar sound of his hyung, along with the sound of flapped wings. ”Seungho hyung,” he greeted. Politely bowing his head. He bit his bottom lip, knowing how big the problem he was into.

Seungho, the archangel, sat next to him on the bench, hiding his pure white wings perfectly from the world. He looked at the angel with saddens in his eyes. “Do you really understand the consequences for your act Cheolyong?”

Mir hung his head low, unable to face the upset archangel. Still, he can feel the power of Seungho’s stare. It brings an unpleasant feeling he can’t explain. “Mianhe,” he said quietly.

“The archangels are angry , Mireu, you step over the line. Byunghee tried hard to defend you, but you know the rule. We can’t live here. We can’t be human.”

“I know hyung,” Mir whispered softly. His voice muffed.

The elder never pry his eyes on him. “Then why you come to Lee Joon?”

The angel drifted his eyes back to Joon. He’s already in the front line. By this distance, he can’t see his face clearly, but he can feel the longing inside of him. The pain, the sorrow, the suffer  he was suffering. “I can’t let him lost and do nothing,” he stated, eyes bore to the archangel. “I can’t leave him like that.”

“Even though that mean you’ll lost your wings? Mir, you know we can’t accept you again if you break all the rules and feel the feelings you shouldn’t feel. You’ll lose everything, Mir. You’ll lose yourself.”

“I already feel it, hyung,” Mir smiled sincerely. “I fell for him, from the moment I laid my eyes on him, and my wings-” Mir spread his wing for a split second and let the older see it. Seungho gasped by the sight of now grayish wings. “It’s already happen.”

A droplet of tear fell from Seungho’s eye. It startled Mir to see. Seungho always so strong, always so steady. To see him in this state of vulnerable makes Mir aches in agony. “I’m sorry hyung,” he apologized again.

Seungho brought the younger into his warm embrace. He patted Mir’s head soothingly. “What’s the point of all this Mir? You know once the Archangels made the decision, you’ll be punished. He won’t remember you. You’ll be erased,” Seungho tighten his hold on the younger. “When it happen, even I and Byunghee can’t help you.”

Mir closed his eyes and absorbs the warmth from his best friend. To think he’ll disappear from all of his friend’s life, from Joon, is really torn his heart apart. He knew it from the beginning. From the moment he chose to come to Joon, he knew the consequences. Even so, say it loudly make everything seems real, and deciding from how anger the Archangels, he doesn’t have much time left.

“He needs someone to heal him, hyung. To show him the world once again,” tears drop from the tightly closed eyes. “I want to be that person for him.”

The silence fell between them. None of them utter a word. Seungho the younger’s cheek from time to time, erase the tears although his eyes watery with every seconds passed. “Is it worth your life?” he said, breaking the silence which hanging hardly around the two.

Mir nodded. Seungho let go a deep sight, knowing how determine the younger could be. His thought flew to the two of his best friend who are waiting for him anxiously. It’ll be hard to tell them what Mir wants to do. Byunghee will break down. He too, feeling like crumbled right now. He can’t imagine lost someone as pure as his little Mireu. Nothing’s going to be the same anymore.

“I and Byunghee will give you time as long as possible,” Seungho voiced. His mind spins wildly. It’s true he can’t do anything to save the younger, but he will do anything to postpone the decision and help his friend. At least he can do something. “Until then, do what you must do.”

Mir was about to answer when he saw Joon at the corner of his eyes. Seungho released him from the bear’s hug so they both could look at Joon.

“I thought you told me you have no one in this world,” Joon voiced coldly. Not with an accusing tone and sarcasm, just cold. Like his usual sound for the past six months.

The angel smiling slightly that make Joon feels the same feeling he always feels whenever the young man smile. “I do. He is Seungho, the one I told you before,” he rang.

Seungho eyeing the other clearly for the first time, the human whom make Mir fall deep into. It’s true, the man, or so called Lee Joon, was indeed beautiful, not only his appearance, but also his soul. Being an angel, he can see the human’s soul in the form of color. The person in front of him now has a vivid shining dark red’s soul. The one that make you stop to stare. Even with the darkness that surround the soul, it keeps shining. And now he knows what attract Mir that much till the younger can’t take his eyes off the human.

He offered his hand to the human. “It’s nice to finally able to see you, Lee Joon,” he said sincerely.

Joon awkwardly return the hold, taken aback by the fact another angel except Mir standing in front of him now. Accepting one angel is hardly enough to the point he started to question his sanity, now he’s facing another angel. Albeit the situation, he can’t help but realized how mesmerized the other angel. Just like Mir, but in the different way.

And no, he didn’t feel the familiar feeling like he was know the other for long time through the latter like he feels with Mir. He also didn’t feel being with Seungho as comfort as with Mir. The touch of the angel didn’t calm him…like Mir.

Why I compare anything with Mir now?

Joon laid his eyes to Mir who stand at the back. He saw the tears which escape to the angel’s cheek. The view gave him an uncomfortable thud in his heart. He didn’t know what is it but he knew he doesn’t like it when Mir’s cry.

He looked at Seungho this time, trying to figure out what happened before he came. Clearly there’s a tension between them, but not enough tension for fight. Seungho looked calm and gentle, and the affection in his eyes for the younger can’t be fooled. Thinking about it, it’s angel he’s talking about. Does angel fight?

Before he could make up his mind, Seungho brushed his hand over Mir’s copper hair. “I understand, Mir. I’ll talk to Byunghee to get through this. Take care of yourself.”

Just like that, Mir smiling fondly to his hyung and nodded. Seungho turned and face Joon. “Please take care of him,” he said.

Joon really questioning his self when he nodded and answer, “I will.”

Satisfied, Seungho bid his goodbye and left them, walk away to the down road. Both Joon and Mir didn’t speak until Seungho lost from their side.

***

“How is it?” Byunghee asked when Seungho landed on the front door. Quick enough, he was surrounded by the two angel.

“Where’s Mir?” Sanghyun chirped confusedly.

Seungho took a deep breath before looked into his friend’s eyes. “He decided to stay with Lee Joon.”

Tear spilled down to Byunghee’s cheek almost immediately. He folded his hands in sorrow. Next to him, Sanghyun hung his head low, thinking over his best friend’s future.

“Mir,” Byunghee breathe a shaky voice. Seungho brought him and Sanghyun into a hug, just like how he embraced his little friend before.

“What will happen to him?” Thunder questioning their worry with a muffled sound. He isn’t an archangel yet. He knows the rules, every angel know it,  but only the Archangels know how it will be carried.

Both Seungho and Byunghee didn’t have the heart to tell him the darkness Mir will carry. Silently, Byunghee’s eyes meet Seungho’s, asking what they will do to help their precious family.

“I’ve seen Joon,” Seungho stated. Two pairs of eyes flew to his face. “He has a wonderful but broken soul. Mir can’t leave him that way. He loves him.”

Byunghee and Sanghyun accepted the news with mixed feeling; gratitude for their friend to feeling such an amazing feeling, and sorrow for seeing how dark their friend will fall.

 

Written by : Honey June


That's it! the chapter to answer all your curiosity. It's hard to write the Seungho, G.O, and Cheondoong's character as an angel. Harder than I thought. I almost make a 87line scene before I remember their supposed to be angel. ^^ Enjoy reading, and thank you for the comment and love you showered the story. For silent readers out there, I really will appreciate it if you voice your thought about my story, it give me a confidence and push I need to continue. See you on the next chapter, when everything getting intense.. ^^

 

And I'll reply your beloved comment here ;

GenerationX You really my number one analysist.^^ It's true something will happen when Mir's wings totally turn grey. The question are how long till it happen and what will happen to them. For losing the person you love again and again is surely break someone down, so does Joon. He mentally sicks and I sent an angel to him. ^^ Thank you for such a warm-hearted comment. 

Applescent Hello there, my new friend, and welcome. It's true Joon get better now with Mir on his side. As for Mir, I'm scared your feeling is true. There's a pay for being a fallen angel and disobey all the rules. Sill, Mir will try his very best to safe Joon. And Seungho will try his best to safe his little friend. I hope you enjoy the story.

MeroMarocco Omo, your endless compliments really flattered my heart and made my day. ^^ I hear that you make your first story my friend, Fighting!! I'm surely be your faithful reader. Mir will go through something big for being a fallen angel, and let's see how he and Joon faced it. A strong will could change anything. 

JooMiForLike you really seems like you could read my mind. I do have another story in my mind, contain with some Seungmir in it, but it didn't turn really well, and I'm quite a 87line shipper. I do love Seungmir sometimes. For now, I hope a little Seungmir in this chap could satisfied your Seungmir's feeling. I promise you there'll be another in the next chapters.