No More

Road to...

Seunghyun looked at the man before him - boss, father-figure and secret keeper. He was seething with anger but at the same time, he knew that sajangnim was 'forced' into keeping Hyomin's secret. By hiding the truth from Seunghyun, sajangnim had been able to stay in touch with Hyomin and take care of her.

 

FLASHBACK

"He looks just like you," Hyomin said, smoothing the hair back from Seung Min's forehead. Seunghyun smiled, staring at the tiny hand which was curled around his index finger. There was no denying that this was his son. A surge of happiness welled up in his chest and he felt hot tears prick his eyes.

"How could you hide yourselves from me? Did you spare a thought for me?" Seunghyun whispered, still focused on his sleeping son. Hyomin gave a little sigh as she tucked the blanket around Seung Min tightly and gestured that they move out to the sitting area of her suite.

Hyomin handed him a glass of water before sitting down on the chair across him. "I did, Oppa. That's why I left. I don't think we were ready to face the rest of the world with Seung Min. We had no plans, no idea what to do! Things just happened and I bailed when everything around us threatened to escalate."

"I don't care. Seung Min needs a father, like it or not. I will not have my son grow up thinking he only has his mother. Do you still love me? I do, and I've missed you all this while but I don't think you really care. You were happily catching up with your friends back at the cafe but I don't think you had any intention of getting in touch with me to tell me that you kept our son."

His words hurt, every single word stabbed through Hyomin and drained her numb. He was right and she had nothing to say in her defence except that she had not wanted Seung Min exposed to the world - possibly facing negative criticisms becasue of his parents.

"Every night, I laid awake on the bed, wondering if you would keep our child or abort it when you disappeared. Every day, I woke up wondering what you were doing and what scenery greeted you each morning. Every time I see Jiyong flip through your notebook, I cried inside. I was hoping I'll wake up one day and discover that all this was just a horrible nightmare." Seunghyun was pacing the room now, unable to stay seated. His worries and anger was now pouring out and it was like a dam that had broke.

"You made Seung Min a bastard by leaving me, do you realize that?" Seunghyun spat out angrily and Hyomin was shocked. She had never thought of it that way but now that he had said it... She had only wanted what she thought was the best for Seung Min but she had only caused all of them hurt.

Seunghyun had noticed Hyomin's face turn white with his words but he was too angry to console her. HIs words had cut her and he will make amends one day. It all depended on what Hyomin's next action will be.

"If you want to make things right. Stay in Seoul and we'll figure out what is best for Seung Min. Together." Seunghyun said. Hyomin stared blankly, all out of fight. "This is not a request, Hyomin. I'm done being the nice guy. You only listen to me now," Seunghyun said as he picked up her phone and quickly dialed up to his own.

 

 

"Sajangnim," Seunghyun said through gritted teeth. The older man met his glare with steady eyes and waited patiently. He could understand Seunghyun's anger and was already anticipating what he was going to say. "I'm marrying Hyomin, please give us your blessing."

Sajangnim was surprised with Seunghyun's self-control. Even with all that anger, he was holding back and speaking in a respectful manner. There was no way he could say no but what kind of ceremony...

"We'll just have a simple civil ceremony and you can announce to the public later that we are already married. Let the world know too of Seung Min and that we were waiting for the right time to get married because of busy schedules. That's all," Seunghyun finished in one breath.

It was easier said than done but sajangnim knew that he could not refuse after all that this boy had gone through. It was up to him and the PR team to worry about the details. Seunghyun needed Hyomin by his side - he needed his son by his side.

Before Seunghyun left the office, sajangnim said, "Don't be too hard on her. She did what she did because she loves you and believed that it was the best for your career. Protect your family now and leave everything else to us. It'll be tough, but work for your happiness."

Seunghyun nodded silently and left.