Special

Different?

"Hyung, you were the first and probably the only person who actually bothered to befriend me.” Jiyong commented as he flashed his usual gummy smile to Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

“Yah! Don’t you even remind me! You were such a stubborn and I had to bug you almost every single day before you started to talk to me!” I retorted as I folded up my sleeves and pretended to want to teach him a lesson.

 

Jiyong was indeed a tough nut to crack, but well, I’m glad I persisted and he eventually put all his walls down from me.

 

xxx

 

(flashback)

 

“Annyeong! Happy Tuesday!” Seunghyun jumped in front of Jiyong, squatting down and looking up at the boy, pursing his lips in annoyance because Jiyong still doesn’t want to respond. Jiyong looked at Seunghyun with a frown on his face. He was at loss because nobody showed this much of interest in him before and being another stubborn , Seunghyun stayed in that position, only to frown back at him.

 

“Why are you always so angry? Here, you can have my whole collection of happy candies then maybe you will not be so angry tomorrow. Umma said that you cannot eat too much of the happy candies in one day or you will get a bad stomach, arasseo?” Seunghyun mentioned as he took out a bag of mixed flavoured candies from his backpack and stuffed it to Jiyong before hopping away to play with his other friends in the usual blocks corner.

 

Jiyong looked at the bag of candies in his hands and at Seunghyun who was building his "future apartment" with the blocks. "Maybe he isn't a bad person like others" Jiyong thought to himself but shook away that warm fuzzy feeling that was creeping up on him.

 

For the rest of the week, every morning without fail, Seunghyun will think of ways to make himself known to Jiyong. He tried doing aegyo but got a push from Jiyong in return because it was “gross”. The next day, he tried acting mean but Jiyong just walked away without saying anything. The day after, he even tried by pretending to cry to gain sympathy but nothing seems to work. The bottom line was: JIYONG WAS STILL IGNORING HIM.

 

xxx

 

“Well, you eventually gave in didn’t you? No one can ever ever ever resist hugs and kisses from the sekshi Choi Seunghyun~” sang Seunghyun conceitedly as he earned a pinch on his arm from Jiyong. "YAH IT HURTS!" Seunghyun groaned.

 

“Hyung, your skin is so thick, why do you even feel pain?!” Jiyong stuck his tongue out at Seunghyun before taking off to avoid being attack by the dino beside him.

 

“YAH! KWON JI YONG YOU BETTER COME BACK HERE OTHERWISE NO PPO-PPO FOR YOU FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH!” Seunghyun yelled teasingly at Jiyong who is running quite a distance away. He definitely knew how to tame this dragon, and well of course, as a victory smirk crept on his face seeing that Jiyong stopped running and was slowly walking back to him with a frown.

 

“Hyunnnnnnnie~ I want ppo-ppo~ Please don’t take away my ppo-ppo~ Jiyong wants ppo-ppo!!!” Jiyong whined to Seunghyun with his most aegyo voice, looked at him with his most innocent looking puppy dog eyes while puckering and pointing to his lips. Seunghyun let out a soft chuckle as he pretended to not see anything, made a turn and starting walking towards the direction of their homes, with Jiyong tagging behind him in defeat.