"You got me losing my mind"

Different?

Fortunate enough, Jiyong & Seunghyun have always ended up in the same school and class since Kindergarten and that’s how their friendship grew stronger and stronger each day. It’s as though they were inseparable. Every morning without fail, Seunghyun would sit at the bus stop near Jiyong’s house to wait for him, and they would go to school together, chitchatting and enjoying each other’s company.  Many people were envious their brotherly friendship, or so, they thought. Brotherly? Well, not really because what they don’t know is that each day, whenever he sees Jiyong, Seunghyun falls a little harder, a little deeper. He swore to himself that he’ll not tell anyone about it, maybe not now or maybe never.

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

It was the first day of our 2nd year in high school, and yep, we are in the same class again~ As usual, I waited at the bus stop near Jiyong’s house but he isn’t here yet. Aigoo, did he oversleep today? He’s usually punctual though … Just then, I saw a familiar figure running towards me. Aish, that kid is here! I started waving at him like how I always would.

“Good morning Jiyong! Did you sleep well?” I smiled at him, ruffling his already messy hair. “Bad hair day I suppose?”

“Eeish, don’t remind me! I’ve been trying to get it done for the past 30 minutes!” retorted Jiyong with a pout as he handed me his favourite beanie, letting me put it on for him.


“Aishhhh, such a kid!” I as I gently put on the beanie on him, tucking his messy hair underneath and making sure he looks presentable enough for the first day of school. This kid has no idea how fast my heart beats whenever we get this close.

 

xxx

 

“Hyung, why are your ears so red? Are you okay?”

 

Jiyong leant closer, trying to take a closer look at Seunghyun’s ear.

 

“What ear? R-R-Red? ANIYA, I think I’m just feeling a little cold from the weather change recently!” Seunghyun quickly denied, afraid of giving himself away.

 

“Really..? Let me warm them with my hands then!” Jiyong asked with a concerned look, trying to get even closer because he’s worried.

 

“IT’S OKAY JIYONG, I’M FINE! T_T ~ Don’t worr- OH LOOK THE BUS IS HERE!” Seunghyun heaved a sigh of relief because his is saved by the bus this time, he mumbles, “Stupid heart, stop being so obvious argh! Jiyong mustn’t know!”

 

xxx

 

As Seunghyun was making his way back into the classroom from the staff office, he saw a girl standing by Jiyong's desk. She was trying to pass Jiyong a pink envelope and saying something to Jiyong that Seunghyun couldn't decipher but it seemeed like she was confessing?!?!?! At that point of time, he had the urge to walk in and claim his dragon but he noticed how her facial expression changed when Jiyong replied her uninterestedly and immediately went back to reading his book. That girl stomped her feet angrily, crushed the envelope and threw it at Jiyong's face before walking towards the direction of the door, where Seunghyun was standing. Seunghyun smirked. NO ONE gets to just walk away after doing something like that to his dragon. Just as the girl was walking about, Seunghyun stuck out his leg and BAM, someone ended up on the floor, flat on all fours.

 

"ARE YOU BLIND?" she yelled at Seunghyun but he whistled indifferently as though nothing took place and made his way into the classroom. "ARGH YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS" he heard her yelled again.

 

"Aigoo, our Jiyong is breaking hearts again~" Seunghyun teased he sat down on the seat beside Jiyong.

 

"Not funny, hyung." Jiyong retorted as he mark the page of the book with a bookmark and turned to look at Seunghyun sternly. "I don't even know her! I can't possibly accept her confession if she's not the one I like right?

 

"So you do have someone you like ...?" Seunghyun hesitated for a moment before questioning, a little afraid of what Jiyong is going to answer.

 

"Well, I kinda have someone in mind but don't you have someone you like too, hyu-"

 

"No." Seunghyun answered with a straight face as he stood up from the seat and walked back to his, leaving Jiyong stunned.

 

"What's up with him today?? It's my first time seeing him behave like that. I merely asked whether he have someone he likes." Jiyong wondered but what Jiyong don't realise is how much Seunghyun is dying on the inside to hear that the person he likes, have someone in his mind. He doesn't know how or what to feel. Jealous? Curious? Angry? Betrayed? Sad? Heartbroken? He doesn't know and the feeling of wanting to know who is it is killing him. He felt bad for walking away from Jiyong just like that yet he doesn't want to apologise because he'll probably end up confessing and failing like the girl earlier, or so, he thought.

 

"Maybe I'll speak to him after class" both of them thought.

 

A/N: Hello! ASDFGHJKLQWERTYUIOPZXCVBNM /throws confetti because GTOP during a+ con/ Anyways, thank you all for staying by my fic even though I take like a century to update a chapter lol (I’M SORRY NOT SORRY BECAUSE SCHOOL IS BEING SUCH A ER IN MY FANGIRL LIFE PFFTS) and thousands of apologies that my chapters tend to be short. I like how it is this way because apparently, I at writing long stories ... SO YES, I'll leave y'all with this! Look forward to the next chapter and show me some love thank you^^