The Kiss

Different?

Jiyong was instructed by the doctor to rest at home for a week for his sprained ankle and without fail, Seunghyun would drop by everyday just to keep him accompany, until his mom had to get their housekeeper to drag him home every evening.

 

 

“Annyeong Mr Lee, I’m here to look for Jiyong” Seunghyun greeted the housekeeper as he made his way into the apartment and walked towards Jiyong’s room.

 

 

“Hyunggggg you’re finally here! I’ve been so bored!!” Jiyong grinned as he tried to get up from his bed, only to be stopped by Seunghyun who rushed forward to make sure the younger one stays in his bed. “What took you so long?! Were you having fun without me?!” Jiyong folded his arms and pouted like a little boy.

 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

“Eeish! He really needs to stop doing that cute face. Stop torturing my heart Kwon Jiyong!” I thought. He never fails to make my heart race everytime he does these stuff. Then, I heard something, and it seems like it’s coming from the poor boy’s tummy. “Aigoo, someone is hungry eh?” You can see the shine from his eyes the moment I took out 2 bowls of jajangmyeon from the delivery bag and placed it on the dressing table beside his bed. Is his housekeeper even feeding this poor kid properly?! I shook my head as I prepared the noodles for him

 

 

“Hyung! Palli palli palli! I’m hungry!”

 

 

“YAH! Either you wait or I’ll have them both to myself!”

 

 

“Hmmph, then you can have them to yourself, I don’t want it anymore!”

 

 

I saw him frowned and looked away after saying that. He’s just so adorable when he’s mad and it makes my heart flutters with happiness.

 

 

xxx

 

 

Seunghyun sat down gently on the bed as he held onto Jiyong’s bowl of noodles.

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want it? It’s really good~” he teased.

 

 

“NO. You can have it!” Jiyong replied angrily, refusing to look at Seunghyun.

 

 

“Okay fine~ I’m gonna have it now! Jal meokkesseumnida~” Seunghyun teased further, smiling in victory because he knows the younger one will give in soon.

 

 

“Can’t you be more determined to coax me into eating?!” Jiyong frowned again, snatching the bowl of jajangmyeon from Seunghyun’s hands and started eating at his own corner of the bed, with his back facing the older one. Seunghyun chuckled lightly upon what Jiyong said and did as he patted the younger’s head. “Eat well, Ji.”

 

 

xxx

 

 

“Dr Teddy went through Trigonometric Functions during Math class today. The question he went through was ‘Find the exact value of sin (x / 2) if sin (x) = 1 / 4 and x is such that Pi / 2< x < Pi.’” Seunghyun handed the notes he wrote in class to Jiyong. It was a little messy because firstly, his handwriting has been ugly and secondly, he was trying so hard to stay awake to write notes of each lesson for Jiyong and math happened to be the class after lunch.

 

 

Jiyong held the notes and looked at his hyung, touched. “Hyung thank youuuuu~ You’re the best!” he gave a thumbs up sign to Seunghyun

 

 

Seunghyun cleared his throat embarrassedly as he continued “Anyways, as I was saying, the question. To find sin (x/2), we need use the following half angle formula ...” he wrote down on a piece of blank paper as he started to go through step by step with Jiyong, who was listening attentively.

 

 

“sin (x/2) = + or - SQRT [ (1 - cos x) / 2 ]

 

and since Pi < x < Pi / 2 then Pi / 2 < x / 2< Pi / 4 so that x/2 is in quadrant 1 and sin (x/2) is positive. Hence

 

sin (x/2) = SQRT [ (1 - cos x) / 2 ]

 

Given that sin (x) = 1 / 4, we use the trigonometric identity sin 2x + cos 2x = 1 to find cos x, noting that x is in quadrant 2 and cos x is negative.

 

cos x = - sqrt(1 - sin 2x)

 

= - sqrt(1 - 1/16) = - sqrt(15) / 4

 

So, we now substitute cos x by its value in the formula for sin (x/2).

 

sin (x/2) = SQRT [ (1 - sqrt(15) / 4) / 2 ]

 

Which may be simplified to

 

= (1/4) SQRT [ 8 - 2 SQRT(15) ]

 

Get it?” Seunghyun looked at the younger one who was staring intently at him.

 

 

“Wow hyung. I’m impressed!” Jiyong clapped in amazement because that’s the first time Seunghyun talked so much about schoolwork.

 

 

“YAH!” Seunghyun roll the papers and hit the back of Jiyong’s head. “You’re supposed to pay attention to the solution, not me!” Jiyong stuck out his tongue at his hyung cheekily and apologised.

 

 

“Apology accepted. Go look through the notes, it’s messy but I wrote down the main points so you should be able to understand. Let me take a short nap before Housekeeper Kim come to get me again. Math drains my brain cells. Good bam.” Seunghyun laid down on Jiyong’s bed and slowly drifted to sleep.

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

Did he do all these for me? I leant closer to his face and observed his sleeping. I can see all his dark circles coming out and he’s frowning in his sleep again. I placed my index finger in between his brows, again. I’ve been doing this so often that it comes so naturally and non-awkward. How can one still look so good even when he’s sleeping?

 

 

xxx

 

 

“No, don’t go...” he heard Seunghyun talked in his sleep. “Don’t leave me...”

 

 

Jiyong was distracted. He didn’t even bother to look at the notes. All he cared about was the one sleeping on his bed.

 

 

“Is he sleeping well?”

 

 

“What is he dreaming about?”

 

 

“Who is he asking to not leave him?”

 

 

“Could it be that he has someone he likes?” A million thoughts ran through Jiyong’s mind.

 

 

“It’s okay. As long as I have you around in my life, no matter as a brother, a friend, or anything more, I will and have always loved you.” Jiyong whispered as he bends down and kisses Seunghyun’s cheek lightly.

 

 

This made the older stirred in his sleep which almost gave Jiyong a heart attack but fortunately, he is still asleep and Jiyong heaved a sigh of relief…

 

 

A/N: HEHEHE, NOW YOU ALL KNOW WHO JIYONG LIKES *^* How the story will flow depends on your comments now! So if you want more GTOP moments please comment about how do you feel about the fic so far :DDD With that, see y’all until the next update! Xoxo, Faye.