Truth

Different?

*bzzzz bzzzz*

 

Seunghyun flipped his blanket in annoyance before finally picking up his phone.

 

"Who the f-"

 

"HYUUUUUUUUNIIIIE"

 

"What the... jiyong please, it's 8am in the morning, on a Saturday! Oh god, you better have a good reason why you're calling otherwise I'm gonna whoop your "

 

"Look out of your window"

 

"Please don't tell me you're standing outside my door now"

 

"What if I am?"

 

"WHAT- THIS KID-"

 

Seunghyun shook his head in defeat and walked to his window, pulling the curtains apart. There stood jiyong, pointing at his with a smirk.

 

"Ayyyyy come get this dragon if you can then" jiyong exclaimed through the phone.

 

"I'm hanging up" Seunghyun said sternly before letting out a soft chuckle. 

 

"No hyung~~~~ Can't you at least invite me in? Pity this hungry and lonely dragon huhuhu~~~"

 

"Wait there." he spoke again as he made his way downstairs for his dragon.

 

"So why are you here?" Seunghyun said as he put on a straight face and he leant on the door frame.

 

"I'm bringing you somewhere!" Jiyong grabbed hold of Seunghyun's wrist and was about to leave when Seunghyun quickly pulled his hand back.

 

"You're not willing to even hang out with me now ...?"

 

"...." Seunghyun shook his head at younger one and pointed to his boxers. "Are you sure you want me out of my house dressed like THAT?"

 

Jiyong flushed and looked away, obviously embarrassed. "OF-OF-OF C...OURSE NOT, GO AND CHANGE NOW!!" 

 

"Pabo" Seunghyun laughed as he reached forward and ruffled Jiyong's hair. "Be back in 5, just come in and make yourself at home"

 

*dugeun dugeun dugeun*

 

xxx

 

"Where are we going? I swear I'm-"

 

"Yada Yada Yada, you're gonna kill me if it's something lame right-" 

 

"Glad you know that!"

 

"Ahjumma"

 

"Ahjumma?"

 

"Yeah you're nagging at me like an ahjumma"

 

"Say that again and I'll make sure you won't live til tomorrow's sunrise"

 

"Ahjumma Choi"

 

"I'm gonna ki...."

 

"You're gonna what huh?" Jiyong retorted as he felt something heavy land on his shoulder. Seunghyun dozed off.

 

"Pabo" he whispered, leaning his head against the older one.

 

xxx

 

"Jiyong where are exactly we going? Can I open my eyes now??"

 

"Not yet, just a little more"

 

"Fine"

 

"Okay you can open your eyes now"

 

"Why-"

 

"Why are we here? WHY are we here? WHY are we HERE? Because we need to talk, just you and me. You've been acting weird lately and it feels like you're distancing yourself from me on purpose."

 

"But out of all places, why here?"

 

"Because I want you to be truthful to me, please hyunnie, please."

 

It was their preschool, right in front of the same old playground which they used to play at, except that it has turned all rusty and looks like it's gonna fall apart anytime soon. Seunghyun knew he couldn't avoid this topic anymore, he knows he has no escape now but what can he say? I love you? I'm gay for you, jiyong? Or 'I made a ing promise to your mom to stay away you so that she will not hurt my family'? No ing way he's gonna do that and screw up everything for his family or jiyong.

 

"Jiyong, let's just drop this."

 

"Hyung please." Jiyong pleaded.

 

"Jiyong ... I have my reasons ..." Seunghyun explained but nothing is getting into Jiyong. 

 

"After so much. After so much we've been through. After all the years of our friendship, this is all you can tell me? Seriously Seunghyun, seriously? This is the best you can do? 'Oh jiyong I have my reasons'" Jiyong imitated Seunghyun in a sarcastic tone, rolling his eyes in  annoyance.

 

"It's all or nothing. For this man, I'm gonna go all in now." Seunghyun thought to himself.

 

"You want the truth? You want the ing truth, huh? Well, here's the truth." Seunghyun yelled and yanked the younger's wrist towards himself. 

 

"Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life, and you, I'm ing in love with you, Kwon Ji Yong."

Seunghyun brought his face closer and whispered before pulling Jiyong closer by his waist and captured the younger's mouth with his. 

 

A/N: hello! It's been really long and I apologise for the lack of updates. I've probably lost the few touches I have for writing after writing portfolios after portfolios T-T please drop a comment or subscribe if you like it ^^ xoxo, Faye.