"I'm so sorry but I love you"

Different?

♫ I’m so sorry but I love you da geojitmal ♫ 
♫ 
iya mollasseo ijeya Arasseo nega philyohae ♫ 
♫ 
i'm so sorry but i love you nalkaro-un mal ♫
♫ hwatgime nado moreuge neol ddeonabonaettjiman ♫ 

 

Jiyong, in his barely awake state, reached for his iphone by the side of his bed to turn the alarm off. With his eyes still closed and pillow marks still visible on his right cheek, he wiped off the saliva at the side of his mouth clumsily, gave his upper body a stretch and dragged himself out of bed, with the blanket still wrapped around his tiny frame. After one whole week of staying at home, sleeping, eating, revising, eating then sleeping again, he’s not really used to waking up so early for school. However, thinking that he’ll be able to be with Seunghyun most of time now that the doctor permits him to go back to school, a faint shade of red crept up on his cheeks. “Aigoo, what am I even thinking?! I need to stop acting like some love-sick teenage girl” he face-palmed himself and chuckled at his own thoughts.

 

As soon as Jiyong finished his breakfast, he walked towards the couch to get his bag and was ready to walk to the nearest bus stop to meet Seunghyun; he was stopped by the housekeeper. “Young master, I will drive you to school today. Mrs Kwon doesn’t want you to injure yourself again now that your ankle has just healed.”

 

“I’m not a kid anymore, Mr Lee. I can go to school on my own and what more, Seunghyun will be there with me! Don’t worry, I’ll tell mom tonight that you drove me to school so you won’t get into any trouble ay?” Jiyong winked to the housekeeper and was persistent to take the public bus. “b-b-but young master I”, before Lee could continue, Jiyong placed his index fingers on his lips, “Nuh-uh, don’t say anything~ I’m leaving now! Bye!” and he left the mansion, excited to see Seunghyun.

 

xxx  

 

“Hyung, where did you go this morning? Why didn’t you wait for me at the bus stop?” Jiyong leant over near to Seunghyun’s desk and whispered. He was almost late for school while waiting for Seunghyun for almost an hour at the bus stop and finally gave up because he couldn’t reach him on his phone. Seunghyun remained in his position, pretending to pay attention to Mr Yang.

 

“Hyung! I’m talking to you! Don’t ignore me like that!”

 

“Seunghyun?”

 

“Yah! I know you can hear me!”

 

“YAH! CHOI SEUNGHYUN!” Jiyong slammed his table and stood up, forgetting that he’s in the middle of literature class. Seunghyun was taken aback, he didn’t know Jiyong’s reaction would be that big just by him being ignored.

 

“Yes Mr Kwon? Have something to share?” Mr Yang said sardonically as he walked towards to the fuming dragon.

 

“No, Mr Yang, I don’t.”

 

“Then …” Mr Yang faked a smile which was followed by a yell, “SIT DOWN AND PAY ATTENTION”.

 

xxx

 

Jiyong’s POV

Seunghyun is acting weird today. Firstly, he didn’t even wait for me at the bus stop today and he came to school first. Secondly, he ignored me when I talk to him this morning during literature class. Thirdly, during lunch break, he was the first to leave the class and when I spotted him in the canteen, instead of waving to me, he lowered his head and starting to take big mouthfuls of his food. It’s as though he’s avoiding me? I don’t even know what, why, when, or how are things like that between us now.  Why is he acting this way? Did something happen? I don’t like how he’s treating me as though I don’t even exist … Should I speak to him? How do I ask him? What should I say when I see him? Maybe I’m just overthinking, right, Jiyong, you’re just overthinking … over-thinking … over-think-ing … over-screw-this-overthinking-. Just this one moment when I thought things were changing for the better, life has to prove me otherwise. I let out a long sigh and damn, why do I have a feeling that this is going to be one long and dreary day …

 

xxx

 

Jiyong looked around the already empty and dark classroom and check for the time with his phone. “Damn, I slept this long?! How did the teachers even let me sleep in class like that ...” With that, he gave his aching body a stretch as he got up from his seat, ready to head home.

 

Something didn’t felt right but Jiyong couldn’t put a finger to it. He’s been walking for the past 10 minutes and it felt like he’s being followed. Once in a while, he can hear footsteps shuffling behind him, and the next moment when he turns behind, it’s gone and there’s no one there. “I don’t think I have a stalker right …” Jiyong thought as he quickened his footsteps to the nearest bus stop, hoping whoever or whatever that is following him will stop. “Oh, the next bus is in 11 minutes … WAIT, THE NEXT BUS IS IN 11 MINUTES???? I might just freeze to death here, it’s ing 5 degrees” Jiyong grumbled as he tried to warm his freezing hands by huffing his breathe onto it, which probably didn’t do much help because he’s still cold.

 

“Hyung, take this” Jiyong turned towards the voice , only to see a little boy, around 7/8 years old handing him a heat pack. Jiyong pointed to himself with a confused look as the little boy nodded and continued “I was asked to pass this to you, please take it” but before Jiyong could probe any further, the little boy was already running off. “Maybe he was the one who was following me! Ha, I was worried for nothing.” Jiyong started to rub the heat pack between his hands for quite some time. “I hope hyung got home safely. Should I text him?” and he was about to slip his phone out to send a quick text when he saw his bus slowly approaching. “Maybe later.”

 

xxx

 

“Tis is Jiyong to Hyung~”

-after 15 minutes-

 

“Hyung??”

-after 10 minutes-

 

“Seunghyun, u dere?”

-after 5 minutes-

 

“Seunghyun hyung?”

“Seunghyun did I do sth wrong?”

“I’m sry if I did”

“sry …?”

“Y r we like tat out of a sudden?”

“I tot we were fine juz 2 days ago.”

“Y r u ignorin me?”

“If u no longer want 2 have me ard, at least tell me.”

“I hate how it feels lyk im e only 1 tryin”

“m i unwanted agn?”

 “y did u befriend me back thn if ure juz gonna chuck me aside lyk dat now?”

 

Jiyong threw his phone aside. Seunghyun is online on whatsapp but not replying him at all and it frustrates him. He has no idea what he did or say that made Seunghyun act this way because like how he texted Seunghyun, they were perfectly fine two days ago. He pulled the blanket over his head and tried to force himself to sleep.

 

*munjawassyong munjawassyong*

 

Jiyong jumped up from his bed and searched frantically for his phone. He had to flip his blanket a few times before it appeared.

 

SH: no you’re not, go to sleep, it’s late.

JY: thn y did u avoid n ignore me e whole day?? (╯︵╰,)

SH: go to sleep

JY: ure nt answerin my questn(。_°☆\(- – )

SH: Jiyong, sleep.

JY: *sends a pouting photo*

JY: how can u resist such an adorable dongsaeng? (o‿∩)

JY: juz kiddin

JY: i'm srs, let's talk

SH: no i'm sleeping now.

JY: (இ﹏இ`。) y .....

SH: I’m going to stop replying bye

JY: k fine fine fine, we’ll talk tmr (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

SH: good night

JY: g-nite hyung ♡♡♡♡♡♡

JY: sleep well ♡♡♡♡♡♡

JY: sweet dreams ♡♡♡♡♡♡

SH: *offline*

 

“Tomorrow… I’ll speak … to him tomor…row...” Jiyong mumbled as his eyelids felt heavier and heavier and he drifted off to sleep, with a smile.

 

Seunghyun, on the other hand, laid on his bed looking at the ceiling, deep in thoughts. “Sigh … this is going to be one of those sleepless nights again but it’s kind of different this time because it’s about my promise to her and promises aren’t meant to be broken, right ...?” 

 

a/n: firstly, i'm so so so sorry! I actually had this story up for quite some time but i didn't had any inspiration to continue ;; secondly, i've been super busy because i've just started my full-time work and the workload, damn, is crazy. thirdly, i hope you guys will like this chapter ;; sorry if it's still a bunch of crap i at writing sad and angst stuff lol ;; enjoy! comment comment comment!