Leaving all behind

I love you, Stupid

Soojung's POV

I walked into Soo Man's office holding my resign letter in my hand, he greeted me and I sat in front of him.

Soo Man: Are you sure you'll resign as well?

Me: What do you mean?

Soo Man: Your sister came yesterday to talk to me, she begged me to give you a chance to stay.

Me: She did that?

Soo Man: Yes, I am willing to give you a second chance if you want to.

Me: No thanks. I will fall along with Amber. Besides, I would be breaking the terms of our contract.

Soo Man: I see, you are a promising artist unfortunately I can't assure you that any other company will let you in.

Me: I'm aware of that.

Soo Man: Ok.

I gave him the letter.

Soo Man: Thank you for your services miss Soojung Jung.

Me: Before that, I would like to say something.

Soo Man: What?

Me: Remember the question you made when we came back from Bali?

Soo Man: What about it?

Me: I didn't answer truthfully.

Soo Man: Then what is the truth?

Me: I accepted her request fully aware of the situation, I let fear control my actions but I did not accept because of that but because I really love Amber and my decisions weren't the best at that time. I made a lot of mistakes and I will make up for them by leaving it all behind to protect her and I will never cause her trouble again. It all started because of me, so I will put an end to it by never appearing in front of her again. Just for her sake.

Soo Man: Am I the person you should say that to?

Me: Probably not, but I made a decision.

Soo Man: I see, make sure that's the right decision miss Jung. It might affect you more than you probably think it will.

Me: Thanks for the advice, after all you're not a terrible boss.

Soo Man: I try not to be one.

Me: Goodbye.

Soo Man: Thanks for everything and good luck.

Me: Thanks.

I walked out and Amber walked in but she didn't follow me so I thought it would be easier to just go to the dorm to pick my things and leave without her noticing, I wasn't sure if Soo Man would tell her everything I said but I just drove back to the dorm and walked straight to my room, the girls tried to stop me but I just pushed them away. I put everything in two bags and then hugged Victoria and Luna.

Me: I love you girls so much! Take care of yourselves and don't forget me.

Victoria: How could we even think of that? We will miss you.

Luna: I'll miss you Krystal!

Me: Goodbye.

Victoria: Where are you going to stay?

Me: A place I know.

I went to Minho's apartment first, I was going to say goodbye but he wasn't there so I just drove to my sister's dorm since they let me stay with them, I unpacked some of my things and I put them around my sister's room. I told Jessica to talk with me because I wanted to know what she told Soo Man.

Jessica: I just wanted to be close to you, if you quit I wouldn't be able to see you as often as I usually did.

Me: I was like that when I entered the company at first, but in the end we kept seeing each other once a month.

Jessica: ...I don't know what to say.

Me: It's not your fault.

Jessica: Anyways, I'm glad you're here.

Me: Yeah, it's nice. I guess we'll see each other more often.

Jessica: Yes.

The company released the statement about Amber and I breaking up and quitting, I saw the reporters harassing Victoria and Luna outside the dorm and I felt really powerless just watching them being unable to answer any of the questions. Soo Man told us before he wouldn't ask us to attend to any press conferences to talk about it so they would only try their best to make the situation a little bit better, that day I went to cut my hair and went back to my sister's dorm. Every day was the same for me because I would wake up and make breakfast for the girls before they left, then I would watch TV on my own and read a little bit and that went on for a few months until my sister came back to me with the news that she had been kicked out of her group, I blamed myself for it but my sister kept on reassuring me that it wasn't my fault, she decided she would focus on her new fashion brand and that she would help me get into it. I accepted but I told her I wanted to study fashion designing so I was able to know everything about it. She sent me to the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, I bought myself a flat and got all the essentials for my stay in the U.S.

After I graduated, I came back to Seoul, I've been helping my sister with the management of her brand and I've also been working on some designs for it, Sulli finished her hiatus and they continued as members of f(x), in the States people would take pictures of me and post them to keep track on me, I didn't mind because I felt that my fans would want to know what I had been up to. Reporters have tried to get interviews with me but I always refuse because I want to get away from that life, I don't want to hear the words "F(x)'s former member Krystal is now...". I can't help but wonder where Amber is and what she's doing, however I cannot look for her because that would just bring us pain, even if I did I wouldn't try to get back together with her because if it didn't work before why would it now?

My sister asked me to meet someone, it was the son of the owner of another fashion brand, his name was Lee Jongsuk. He was a true gentleman and I kinda liked him, he was really nice to me and we met quite often. I couldn't help but to have a crush on him because he was so sweet and nice. We usually met because both of our brands worked together often and I was able to figure that they were pushing us together because they wanted to make a joint brand.

Jessica: Soojung, we have a meeting with Lune Rose.

Me: Ok, I'll go down in a minute.

I got ready really fast and got on the car with Jessica, she was on the back of the limo with me, she was fixing her makeup.

Jessica: You must have a slight idea of why we're meeting them, right?

Me: I think I know, you guys have been pushing that on us for so long it's hard not to notice.

Jessica: I don't want to force you to do anything you don't want to do, so tell me now if you want to get married with Jongsuk-ssi.

Me: I think I like him and I want to do anything to help you sister.

Jessica: I know that but...I'm not sure if I can believe in your words, do you really like him?

Me: I like him enough to get married with him, although I would like to wait a little longer so we can get to know each other a little more.

Jessica: Sure, I will talk to them about that. This might be the beginning of a new era for both of us.

Me: I think so too.

We got off the car and walked into the restaurant, they took us to the private room where Jongsuk and his father were waiting for us. They got up and greeted us.

Jongsuk: It's nice to see you here, Soojung.

Me: It's nice to see you too, Jongsuk.

Jessica: So, we're here to talk about our plans to make a joint brand.

Jongsuk's father: Yes, since we wanted a promise that would be unbreakable we thought it would be nice to arrange a marriage.

Jessica: Yes, Soojung and I talked about it and we have some conditions before this marriage can happen. Soojung wants to get to know each other better before they rush into a marriage, she wants it to be a lasting bond among our brands.

J.F: I see, our Jongsuk also wanted that and he would be glad to be with her.

Jongsuk: I don't need you to talk for me, father.

Me: Me neither, sister.

They were shocked but they broke into laughter because of our confidence.

J.F: They are so ready to take over our companies, don't you think, miss Jessica?

Jessica: I sure do.

J.F: What about this? We sign a contract to make a joint brand and once they know each other better they will get married.

Jessica: It sounds perfect. What do you guys think?

Me: I'm fine with it.

Jongsuk: So am I.

J.F: Then it's settled, we will send our contract and you send us yours so we can work on it.

Jessica: Of course.

We finished our meal and then I went out with Jongsuk, we walked around the place for a while and we talked a little bit about work and about things that had happened recently, and then he brought up the topic about our future arranged marriage.

Jongsuk: I didn't think you would accept...

Me: Well, you've been really nice to me so I think it could work.

Jongsuk: I'm really happy to hear that Soojung.

He took my hand and we kept walking.

Then we noticed a paparazzi taking pictures of us he called his chauffer and we got on his car, we drove away from there.

A few days later my sister told me that she had already signed the papers for the joint brand and that we would have a party with a lot of other designers and brands, I was excited, however, I had a bad feeling about that party, I just shook it off and thought I was only worried about the marriage with Jongsuk. If only I had known.

Amber's POV

I moved back with my mother and explained everything to her, she cheered me up and told me I would be alright after a while, but I would look for recent pictures of Soojung, I could never stop thinking about her, wondering what she was doing. Every day I read articles about her activities, first she studied in New York, then she joined her sister's brand, then there were many news about her dating someone else; I wasn't surprised. I tried doing other things, completely different from my singing career like photography or writing, it worked for me as a distraction from her.

I met the girls often but we tried to avoid public appearances, I hated that they insinuated my comeback to the company, I would never go back there not after what they did to us. I was offered many jobs in other companies, as a soloist, I obviously rejected them because I didn't want to go back to that life, I wanted to have a quiet simple life; fans would often find me on the streets and they would ask me if I was alright, I always smiled brightly and said "I'm better now!" "I'm alright, don't worry about me!" and they would always fall for it, they would take pictures with me but I always asked them not to share them because I wanted a peaceful life, they were so loyal they rarely posted them, some of them posted a status about our meeting.

A few months later, Ailee invited me to a party, it was Jessica's brand party. Ailee told me it would be a good idea for me to put an end to me and Soojung, she said that I should wrap things up with her at the party, I convinced myself I would feel better once I talked to her but I somehow hoped she would go back to me and that things would go back to the way they once were.

That night, I dressed properly for the occasion, I was told it was a formal event so I wanted to look great. I wasn't going as Ailee's partner but by myself, I drove to the party and once I saw her I forgot what I was going to do...I was a mess.