CHAPTER 6 - The Underworld

The Silver Chain Circle

Kaeun just got out of her last class when she met Tao on the hallway. Awkwardness was felt between the two of them, but Kaeun managed to give Tao a casual smile.

"Hi, Tao. Do you still have class to attend?"

Tao shook his head. "I'll just go to the library, because I have some research works to do."

"Oh, okay", Kaeun said. "Alright, I'll go ahead."

"Wait", Tao took hold of Kaeun's arm.

"What?"

Tao touched the side of Kaeun's lips, because he found a small wound there. "Is this the reason why you always use a red lipstick? Because you are concealing this?"

She looked away. "So what?"

"Did Kai did this to you?", Kaeun saw the pain in Tao's eyes.

"He did'nt", Kaeun's voice faltered a little when she said it.

"If he did'nt, why do you look so scared?"

"I'm not scared, Tao. I'm telling the truth. This wound, I got it when I slipped on the floor", she lied.

Tears started to fall from Tao's eyes. "You really don't love Kai, right? He's only hurting you. Why don't you just get out of that relationship??"

"Because I love Kai", Kaeun felt her chest hurt with that another lie that came straight from her lips. She is still in love with Tao, that's the truth. It's just that she doesn't want Kai to throw a fit.

"Excuse me, Tao, but you're holding my wife's arm", the guy who just arrived, Kai, said then he grabbed Kaeun's arm. "Come on, Kaeun. Let's go home."

"You don't have to force Kaeun to go with you. She'll go with you like a good girl", Tao said.

"You don't have the right to tell me how I should treat my wife", Kai snapped. "You're an intruder. Leave us alone."

"How can I leave her into your hands if I can see that you're hurting her?", Tao replied forcefully. 

Kai took hold of Tao's collar. "Do you want to die right now??"

"Jongin! Stop it!", Kaeun tried to stop Kai from doing something violent. "Come on, let's go home."

Kai released Tao and grabbed Kaeun's arm. Kaeun turned her head to look at Tao and gave him an apologetic look before they went away.

 

When Kaeun and Kai got home, Kai grabbed his wife's arm again and dragged her to their room.

"Jongin you're hurting me!", Kaeun almost twitched because of Kai's painful grips.

"I told you to stay away from Tao, right?? I'm your husband so you're going to do what I say!", Kai whispered angrily.

"You don't treat me as your wife! You are just enslaving me! You only treat me as your slave!", Kaeun shot back. At that point, Kai slapped her hard. Because of the force of Kai's slap, she fell down on the floor, hitting her lower lip.

"You can't complain, Kaeun. Be thankful that I treat you right in front of your parents", Kai's lips curved into an evil grin. If it's that so, they should have lived with her parents, Kaeun thought.

Kai pulled Kaeun and had her lie on the bed, then he climbed on top of her. "You're mine, Kaeun. Only mine!"

After he said that statement, he devoured his wife's body like a hungry beast.

 

******

 

At the library...

Nana was bored waiting for Baekhyun to finish his essay. She felt like dozing off. The silence in the library and Baekhyun's slow writing makes her drowsy.

"Noona, I'm done", Baekhyun smiled. "I'm sorry if I made you wait."

"It's okay. It's really much better if you think carefully about what to write down there", Nana said, then she reviewed Baekhyun's essay. "Wait, cross this one out. It's redundant."

"Okay..."

"And also this, your grammar is wrong here", Nana remarked.

"Thank you for this, noona", Baekhyun said, smiling. "I thought you're going to refuse my favor earlier, but thank you that you agreed to help me on this."

Nana felt light when she saw Baekhyun's smile. She remembered the time when she was little, she wanted to have a baby brother, and now she see that "baby brother" in this person named Baekhyun.

"Oh, it's nothing, Baekhyun. I think I'll go ahead. My driver is waiting for me", Nana said, then she took her things.

"Noona, wait", Baekhyun took hold of Nana's wrist.

"Huh?"

"Can we do this again sometime?"

Nana nodded. "Yes, sometime."

 

Meanwhile...

Kaeun can't almost stand from the great pain she was feeling right now. She can't even moved when Kai was doing his thing to her. She can't do anything about it. She had no choice but to let Kai do whatever he wanted.

"I want another round, Kaeun", Kai whispered as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Jongin, I'm tired...", Kaeun replied weakly.

"You can't be tired", he said sternly. "We've done this many times, how could you feel tired this time? Don't play hard to get. I know you want this too", he smirked.

"Jongin, have pity on my body. I can't do it anymore...", Kaeun almost beg.

"No. I want more of you, my wife", then Kai continued his lustful business. Kaeun was not able to resist that she just cried. This is not making love. It was like going to war. At that moment, she thought of screaming Tao's name and cry for help, but she knew that if she did that, she might not only risk herself getting beaten even more, but she would also risked getting killed...

...But it only brought back the traumatic that she tend to forget.

 

*flashback*

Kaeun woke up that morning and found her parents already gone in their mansion. She was not surprised because it was just normal to her that they already left before she even woke up, but what puzzles her is that even the maids are gone, not even a single maid was left with her in this big house. She was really the only one in the mansion.

When she entered the kitchen, she found Kai there preparing breakfast. Kai was the man bethroted to her by her parents. He was courting her but she always refuse his advances because she was already in love with Tao. 

"Good morning, Kaeun! Come, let's eat!", Kai told her.

"Thank you but... you don't have to do this", Kaeun said, then she looked around. "By the way, do you know where the maids had gone? Because they are not here, not even a single one of them."

"I told them to take a day off, besides your parents already agreed."

"Huh? You told all of them to take a day off? It means..."

"It means we have the whole house by ourselves. We can do whatever we want", an evil grin formed on Kai's lips.

Kaeun felt fear rushed through her body that she stepped back. "Whatever you're planning to do, don't even try it..."

Kai walked closer to her. "Why do you look so afraid? I'm not going to hurt you... if you're a good girl."

"Jongin no!", Kaeun pushed Kai then she ran away. Kai was provoked by what she did.  He chased Kaeun and he reached his strong arm and pulled the girl's hair.

"Ah! Jongin let me go!", Kaeun almost cried because of the pain that Kai caused from pulling her hair.

"You're not getting away with this", Kai dragged Kaeun to the girl's room, then he forcefully made her lie on her bed.

"Please Jongin... No...", Kaeun was crying while begging to Kai, but he did'nt listened. He quickly stripped and went on top of her.

"From this day on, you are mine, Kaeun", he sneered, and the most traumatic event of her life became real.

Kai her.

"HELP ME!!!", Kaeun screamed while Kai was trying to stripped her off her clothes to the point that he was almost tearing them off her body. She tried to fight and resist so Kai slapped her hard. She felt too weak and she can't even move.

 

*present*

Kai was done with his business with Kaeun, at last, while Kaeun was feeling weak and her body felt numb from all that forceful war with her husband, but she tried to get up just to get her cellphone on the side table. 

"He -- Hello, Eyoung... Can I... Can I stay at your place for awhile...please?"

 

*****

 

Nana decided to walk home that afternoon. She wanted to experience freedom even for just a day. She even feels that when she's inside her grandma's car, she can't even move.

"Ayo!"

Nana turned her head to her left. She was a little bit surprised when she saw Kris. He was riding on his red Ferrari, wearing shades.

"Are you following me?", Nana said with her eyebrow raised. 

"Why? Is there something wrong with it?", Kris grinned.

"It creeps me out, you know", she rolled her eyes.

"You have a family driver. Why don't you let him pick you up?"

Nana was annoyed by Kris' questioning. She stopped walking and walked toward him. She leaned in front of Kris so Kris was not able to avoid the sight of Nana's cleavage in front of him.

"I want freedom for even just an hour, so please leave me alone", Nana told him coldly. Kris was a little bit flustered at the sight of her cleavage. Damn, this girl is mean, he thought.

"Would you mind if you button your blouse?", Kris said while trying to keep his cool.

Nana rolled her eyes. She straighten up and buttoned her blouse.

"I have to go", Nana said, but Kris didn't let her get away. Kris got out his car and blocked her way.

"Get out of my way."

"You want freedom?", Kris took hold of Nana's wrist. "I'll take you there."