CHAPTER 3 - Athena, The Goddess of War

The Silver Chain Circle

After a week...

Nana and Yoona moved to Im Jung Hee's mansion. To celebrate, their grandmother had the maids prepare plenty of food. Yoona is okay with what is happening right now, but Nana still have a heavy heart with her decision.

"You have to get something to wear for the meeting of Silver Chain", Jung Hee said. "You have to be the most beautiful butterfly in the circle, like me during our generation."

Jung Hee kept on talking about her experiences as a member of Silver Chain Circle during 80's, while Nana was looking obviously uninterested.

"I'm going to shop later", Nana said. "But how am I going to do that if I don't have money?"

"Here", Jung Hee quipped, then she reached a gold credit card to Nana. "Make sure you only buy beautiful ones."

"No need to remind me , grandma", Nana replied. "And thanks."

So after lunch, Nana went to Gangnam for shopping spree. She bought every item that catches her eye. Now she only have to buy a beautiful dress.

When she passed by a boutique, she saw a strapless red dress that is simple but has elegant details. She have to buy that dress. It was destined to be hers.

When she was about to reach for the dress, a girl suddenly came and took it. The girl is not that tall. She looked like a 17 year old high school student. The girl has long hair and round-shaped face and full cheeks. Her eyes are also round and big and her skin is almost like milk in color. Mentally, Nana calls her "baozi girl", and this girl is annoying her.

"Ahem! Excuse me, I'm the one who saw and reached that dress first", Nana said.

"But I'm the one who got to touch it first", the girl replied. Nana's eyes kinked in annoyance.

"Whatever, miss. That dress is mine and I'm going to buy that", there's a tone of annoyance in Nana's voice.

The girl didn't answered. She just smiled and looked at the dress.

"Miss, I'll get this", the girl told the sales lady. Nana became even more annoyed. That dress is hers and she won't let anyone take it away from her, especially this baozi girl.

"Miss, that dress is mine. I'm the who had it first and this girl just took it away from me", then she glared at Baozi Girl from head to toe.

"Stop being a , girl", the girl told her with brow raised. "This dress is mine."

Nana clenched her fist. She wanted to take out her credit card to end the argument when...

"Minseok, just give her that dress", a voice said.

The crossdresser took off his wig, annoyed. "Joon Myeon, what the hell are you doing?"

"Sorry. I just find it weird", the guy replied. "And please, don't call me Joon Myeon. They call me Suho in school, you know."

"Whatever", the crossdresser irritatingly replied. "I'll just wait for you outside", then he threw Nana a quick deadly glare then he went out of the boutique.

"I'm sorry about Xiumin. He's really like that, a little bit weird", Suho said. "By the way, I'll see you on Saturday. Nice to meet you, Nana. I'm Kim Joon Myeon. Just call me Suho, don't forget", then he kissed Nana's hand and he went out of the boutique.

Nana did not paid much attention to what Suho did. The important thing is that... the red dress is now totally hers.

 

Outside of the boutique...

"Just what the hell have you done?", Xiumin told Suho with a hint of annoyance.

"Would you please stop this nonsense? You know that it's not appropriate. It's forbidden",Suho replied.

"You don't know anything because you don't know the feeling of being in love", a tone of pain hinted Xiumin's voice. "We're not related in blood, but why... why can't it be? It really hurts, Suho."

Xiumin entered his car. "Tell Mom and Dad that I have a school project to finish in school. See you."

Suho just shooked his head. Here he is, covering again for Xiumin and his secret.

 

Saturday, 5 PM:

Nana is busy applying makeup when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in", Nana said. Yoona entered her room. 

"Go put on your dress. For sure it will look so good on you", Yoona said, excited. Nana just smiled a little.

"Why are you looking like that? Are you nervous and excited?"

Nana smirked. "Me? Excited? Duh! You should be the one who received that invitation in the first place."

"You're more fit to be in there. You're more of a fighter and you're stronger than me, so I think it's right that you are the one choosen to join", Yoona playfully Nana's cold waves.

"I'm sure you are going to be the most beautiful goddess in that gathering", Yoona also added. Nana was able to smile at that point. Of all people who tried to make nana smile, Yoona is one of those few people who succeed in making her smile.

After fixing herself, Nana went downstairs and got in the car that is waiting for her outside. It is obvious that she is not interested and has no intention of going to that gathering, but she have to. She had a deal with her grandmother.

When she arrived at the Red Raven Manor, her car stopped at the front. Nana took a deep breath before getting out of the car and entering the manor. When she entered the building, she rode the elevator to take her to 7th floor where the venue of the gathering is located.

When the elevator finally took her to the 7th floor, she got out and walked along the elegant corridor to reach the 3rd function room. When she reached that room, one of the masked gurads greeted her. "They are waiting for you. Welcome to the Silver Chain Circle."

When the door opened, Nana took a deep breath and stepped inside.

Here comes the goddess of war.

 

********

 

Nana entered the room quietly. She don't want to attract attention. She sat at the corner and drank her martini.

"Hi! You're the new girl, right?"

A girl approached and greeted her. The girl has chubby face and it was emphasized when she smiled. She also has golden brown hair and doe-like eyes. Her voice is high pitched that annoyed Nana a little bit. Good thing everyone is busy partying and dancing so they are not noticed that much.

"Yes, I am", Nana replied flatly.

"My name is Oh Hyerin, but you can just call me Raina", the girl introduced herself.

Nana reluctatly shook the girl's hand.

"You're so pretty! I like your dress, and also your hair!", Raina commented happily at Nana's overall look while touching Nana's cold waves.

"Raina, calm yourself. You're scaring the newbie", the guy in a white suit said.

"Come on, Suho. I'm just being friendly with her."

Nana looked at the guy. He is that guy she saw at the boutique few days ago.

"Hi, Nana! Nice to see you again", Suho greeted her. "I think it would be nice if I'll introduce you to the guys. We're playing truth or dare over there..."

"To the boys first? Shouldn't we introduce her to the girls first? Oh, wait", Raina sniffed at Suho. "You smell alcohol. I'm worried that you and the guys might do something naughty to Nana."

"I took a shot but I'm not drunk", Suho defended himself.

"Whatever, but I think it would be better if Nana gets introduced to the girls first", Raina replied.

Nana decided to cut the argument short. "Umm... Would you please put off the introduction for next time? I'm not really in the mood today. Don't worry, I'm willing to get acquainted with all of you as soon as I get into the mood."

"Okay, if you say so", Suho said, and he went back to the boys' table.

"I'll understand if you want to keep quiet all along", Raina said. "But you can stay with us girls if you want. If you don't want to talk, it's okay."

Nana thought for a minute. If she will just sit alone here she will just garner attention, so she decided to join Raina and the girls. Besides, her grandmother might had someone to spy on her here. By chance, her grandmother will find out that she is not socializing with the other members.

But when they went to the girls' table, Raina still introduced her to them. As the girls sitting at that table were introduced to her, (Lizzy, Kaeun, Eyoung, Uee, Jooyeon...) she could not keep up a little. After the introduction, Nana chose to keep quiet and sip her drink.

"Lizzy, looks like your husband's drunk", Eyoung said, as she looked at the boys' table.

A tall guy saw the girls and stood up to approached them. Even though he's drunk, he still look charming and angelic.

"Hi, girls!", he greeted them, then he went to Lizzy and kissed her cheeks.

"Babe, enough with the beer. You're already drunk", Lizzy said.

The handsome boy grinned. "Babe, I can still walk straight. My eyes are just puffy, hehe...", then his eyes saw Nana. "Hi, new baby! What's your name? I'm Park Chanyeol, Lizzy's husband", then he stretched out his hand.

"Nana", Nana replied, then she shook Chanyeol's hand.

After several minutes, the song "Lovey Dovey" started to play. Chanyeol became hyper that he started swaying his , making the girls (except Nana) laugh.

"Come on, babe! Let's dance!", Chanyeol offered to Lizzy. He held his wife's hand while still swaying his . Lizzy agreed with a laugh.

"Girls, I'll just dance with this cute tall hobbit", Lizzy said with a big smile, and the couple went to the dancefloor and started dancing. 

Nana raised her eyebrows. She can't believe that these two are seriously married couple. At that age? She don't think so.

"Are you sure that they are a couple? I mean... MARRIED couple?", she emphasized the word "married".

"Yes, they're married", Eyoung replied. "They tied the knot last year."

"And don't you know? They are the youngest married couple in Seoul. Lizzy just turned 19 when they got married."

Nana divert her eyes to Lizzy and Chanyeol who are still energetic dancing on the dancefloor. Chanyeol was holding Lizzy's waist while Lizzy's arms are around Chanyeol's neck. They looked like they're flirting with each other.

"Come on, girls! Let's also dance", Kaeun told the girls.

"Come on, Nana!", Raina said, but Nana refused.

"Umm... I'm not in the mood to dance", Nana said.

"Okay, if you say so", and she joined the other girls on the dancefloor who are busy dancing with the boys.

Nana got bored watching the other members dance and flirt with each other, so she decided to leave the room for awhile and get some fresh air.

"You're not really that pretty, you know", a guy's voice said.

Nana turned around. She saw that annoying baozi guy again.

"You look horrible in that dress. Looks like I can wear that dress better than you. Look at your body, you look like a walking stick", Xiumin smirked.

"How dare you talk to me like that? You're only a man in lady's clothing. Are you gay?", Nana snapped. Instead of getting annoyed, Xiumin just laughed.

"Not only you look like a walking stick, you're also ignorant", the baozi replied. "Not only your head was empty", he poked Nana's forehead. "But also these", he almost touched Nana's .

Nana was obviously alarmed by Xiumin's actions. She was about to slap him when...

"Hey, you're being rude, you know", a voice reprimanded.

Nana and Xiumin both turned their heads. The guy was blonde and baby-faced. His eyes are similar to a deer, and it gave him a gentle yet rugged feel with his ruffled hair.

"Minseok, that's enough", the angelic-faced guy told Xiumin, then he looked at Nana with a slightly surprised expression on his face.

At that moment, Nana took the chance to slap Xiumin.

"ert!", she snapped.

"If I'm going to be a ert, probably not for you",Xiumin smirked again, then he turned his eyes to the blonde guy. "Luhan, take care of this", then he walked away.

Luhan. Nana thought for a moment. The name sounds familiar to her.

"What are you doing here outside? Why don't you enjoy the party?", Luhan asked her.

"And you? You're also a member of the Silver Chain, right? What are you doing here outside?", she asked flatly.

"To think about someone", then Luhan's lips curved into angelic yet mysterious smile. "About you."

Nana felt her heart skipped a beat. Her guts are telling her that he met this guy before.

Later, Luhan's phone rang. The expression of his face became serious when he read the text message he just received.

"Looks like we have to go back inside", Luhan said. "Sir TOP has an announcement to make."