Three

Innocent Madness

~ ★ ~

"You should leave... like right now" the girl says as the monster starts making its presence known. Its screams fill the streets and echo through the walls of the house Baekhyun is in. The young girl gets up from the bed where she was seating and grabs the knife she had placed on the nightstand.

"Wait...What? Why? How am I even going to do so?" Baekhyun is lost and everything's happening so fast that he can't follow. The strange girl grabs his hand once again and starts pulling him out of the room and down the stairs. Her grip is tight but all he can think of is how nice the feeling is. It almost feels familiar and his stomach twists at the thought.

She stops just outside the window from which they had entered the house earlier and lets go of his hand. She pats her palms on her dress, trying to straighten the creases caused from all the sitting and then proceeds to fix her hair, tucking a few pieces of hair behind her ears. He cheeks get painted as they get in contact with her hands and she almost looks innocent.

"I want you to listen to me very carefully, okay? We don't have a lot of time. I know a way for you to get out of here. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier but I kinda wanted to spend some time with you. It's not everyday that someone passes by here. And look at that today two people decided to do so!" At the end of her sentence she can't hide her excitement anymore and allows her voice to get a few octaves higher.

"Huh? Two people? Did someone come before me?" It would be a lie if someone said that Baekhyun wasn't confused. "No silly! The monster is screaming because someone else arrived. Let's go! Let's go! There's not much time!" She gets a good hold of his hand and drags them both out the window.

"What if it is Chanyeol? Let's go see who it is!" He starts pulling towards the opposite direction of which the girl is leading. "Are you crazy?! You can't do that. Even if it is him, you can't meet him. Not here, in this town. The more sane people the more powerful the monster gets. It'll kill us all. Just get out of here and if it Chanyeol I'll guide him to find you"

They pass by houses he has already seen once and after running for a good five minutes, they reach to the same house that had saved them earlier. "Just don't ask and get in through the window" she screams and pushes him forward. 

"Can I trust you?" Baekhyun asks as he puts one leg through the window.

"No..." the girl answers deadpan and gives the final push to get him in.

~★~

He doesn't exactly know how he got at that freakish place but the only thing he remembers is a very distinct pain on the back of his head and then everything fades away slowly and excruciatingly. No matter how hard he tries he can't grab into anything and simply allows himself to fall unconscious. When he opens his eyes he comes to face a world he has never seen before in his entire life. It's a place he couldn't have ever dreamed of. 

It looks a lot like a small, abandoned city but if one looks closely he could see how in the same time it isn't one. The houses are small and made out of dark colored rocks, just like the pavements and the streets. Everything has the same dull shade that makes him feel powerless. 
 
The whole scene resembles the towns portrayed in the romantic comedy films that he enjoys watching with his best friend and boyfriend, build somewhere in the early 1900s. There are wooden carriages at the sides of the road and it almost looks like the got felt behind in a hurry, however he doesn't want to think about that chance.

~★~

He is a very tall, charismatic looking young man. Probably in his early 20s. His steps are lazy, his feet barely getting of the ground as he moves forward. He seems tired. His breathing is flat and shallow while his face is as pale as a sheet. It looks like if someone blows towards him he would fall like a card-made tower.

He drags a backpack behind him as his shoulders hurt way too bad to hold the weight. His clothes are mostly torn and blood comes out of some of them. There's also a big gash under his left eye and blood's running from both his nostrils.
 
His large, almond shaped eyes are red, probably from crying, and his eyebrows are furrowed. He is confused and he wants to get out of there more that anything. Correction: he wants to find his so called best friend first and then do anything else.
 
Every part of his body hurts and he is sure that something is definitely broken. He can't actually place a finger on it being a leg or an arm, maybe it is some ribs or a small crack on his head. He doesn't remember how he got so hurt. He isn't the type to get into fights. He is supposed to be that one person that always jokes about beating up people but would never have the courage of doing so. He is proud of that trait of his. 
 
His peaceful soul, though, can't give answers to all the questions he has about the place and the state he is in.

~★~

Suddenly, he feels the earth beneath his feet shake and it's so vibrant that he manages to stay standing with a lot of difficulty. He can hear very clearly now that someone is yelling but he doesn't understand what that person says and by the tone of his voice he isn't completely sure he wants to do so, too. The voice is so loud that it can probably be heard at every inch of the town and he doubts that the thing that produces it is human.

 
He looks around trying to find somewhere to hide, however something inside him tells him that if that thing wants to find him, it won't take a lot of time to do it. He wants to run but the same little voice inside him tells him that it would be no use. He is doomed from any way he sees it. 
 
And as if someone heard his prayers, there comes his rescue. 
 
The moment he raises his eyes from looking at his dirty shoes, he sees a young girl a couple of feet away from him. She is wearing something that looks very much like a white nightgown. The dress reaches just above her knees and it had turned from white to grey at some parts. She is tall, too. Taller than the average girl her age. Of course, clearly shorter than him, but tall nonetheless.
 
She looks anything but intimidating to him. Her hands are smudged with water colors, from the fingertips to the elbows and on her right hand she is holding a big kitchen knife. Her long, dark brown, curly hair is caught in low messy pigtails.
 
Her head is tilted to the side and her brown eyes are scanning him from head to toe. The girl expands her free hand towards him without saying a single word and he's actually taking it in his without even thinking about it. She pulls him through narrow alleys and destroyed-beyond-repair houses until she opens one of the windows of one almost-ready-to-fall house and indicates him to get in.
 
So, Chanyeol does.