One

Innocent Madness

~ ★ ~

He doesn't exactly know how he got at that freakish place but the only thing he remembers is a very distinct pain on the back of his head and then everything fades away slowly and excruciatly. No matter how hard he tries he can't grab into anything and simply allows himself to fall unconscious. When he opens his eyes he comes to face a world he has never seen before in his entire life. It's a place he couldn't have ever dreamed of. 
 
It looks a lot like a small, abandoned city but if one looks closely he could see how in the same time it isn't one. The houses are small and made out of dark colored rocks, just like the pavements and the streets. Everything has the same dull shade that makes him feel powerless. 
 
The whole scene resembles the towns portrayed in the romantic comedy films that he enjoys watching, build somewhere in the early 1900s. There are wooden carriages at the sides of the road and it almost looks like the got felt behind in a hurry, however he doesn't want to think about that chance.
 
He passes by the market. The fruits and vegetables are lying rotten at the counters and the same is happening at the fishmonger's. It comes as no surprise that all the plants at the florist's are dead, too. The city screams 'dead' from miles away and he maybe should have that other path that had a sign saying it led to the next one and not continue farther inside.
 
He has been walking for hours but the road never ends. He never reaches to a dead end and he never meets anyone. He could swear that once in a while he can listen people talking but there is nobody to do so.Some of the houses' windows are open and the curtains are getting swayed away by the wind that obviously doesn't exist.
 
It's so hot that he thinks he can easily faint and he can feel the hot droplets of sweat rolling down his face and neck. If he doesn't find water soon, he will be in a lot of trouble however he isn't sure about trusting the things available there. 

~ ★ ~

He is a handsome young man, in his early 20s and as he walks down the empty and dead streets of that God forgotten place, the fallen leaves follow each and every single step he makes, twirling around his two thin legs. Some could say it looks like they keep him company as to not feel lonely wandering alone at that foreign and brutal environment. 
 
He isn't very tall and his sleeveless shirt shows his muscular but thin and full of bruises arms. The rest of his clothes have millions of holes and rips on them and they could really use a nice wash. His posture as he continues walking forward is hunched and from time to time there is a prominent discomfort look painted on his face. 
 
He has a very special and beautiful, in the same time, hair color that no one can confidently put a finger on which it resembles most. It's a mix of dark brown and dirty red but it seemed to change thousands of shades with the light changes. His cheeks are pink and his lips thin and chapped.
 
His eyes, though, are the best characteristic of his face. They are small and have very sharp edges. They once were nicely defined by dark eye-pencil but now they are smudgy and the clean, no-makeup trails starting from his eyes and continuing down on his cheeks give away the fact that he has been crying.

~ ★ ~

 

Suddenly, he feels the earth beneath his feet shake and it's so vibrant that he manages to stay standing with a lot of difficulty. He can hear very clearly now that someone is yelling but he doesn't understand what that person says and by the tone of his voice he isn't completely sure he wants to do so, too. The voice is so loud that it can probably be heard at every inch of the town and he doubts that the thing that produces it is human.
 
He looks around trying to find somewhere to hide, however something inside him tells him that if that thing wants to find him, it won't take a lot of time to do it. He wants to run but the same little voice inside him tells him that it would be no use. He is doomed from any way he sees it. 
 
And as if someone heard his prayers, there comes his rescue. 
 
The moment he raises his eyes from looking at his muddy shoes, he sees a young girl a couple of feet away from him. She is wearing something that looks very much like a white nightgown. The dress reaches just above her knees and it had turned from white to grey at some parts. She is tall, too. Taller than the average girl her age, maybe even a couple centimeters shorter than him. 
 
She looks anything but intimidating to him. Her hands are smudged with water colors, from the fingertips to the elbows and on her right hand she is holding a big kitchen knife. Her long, dark brown, curly hair is caught in low messy pigtails.
 
Her head is tilted to the side and her brown eyes are scanning him from head to toe. The girl expands her free hand towards him without saying a single word and he's actually taking it in his without even thinking about it. She pulls him through narrow alleys and destroyed-beyond-repair houses until she opens one of the windows of one almost-ready-to-fall house and indicates him to get in.
 
So, Baekhyun does.