A Chance Encounter

The Prince and the Pauper [Dropped Story]

A Chance Encounter 

 Baekhyun's POV

 

Flashback*

 
 "No!" All I could hear was screaming and shouting, all I could see was flames the walls and climbing up to the ceiling, all I could feel was the heat burning against my skin as I lay bundled, trapped in my basket. A shaking hand grabbed the handles of my basket and threw it outside into the cold night. The blazing fire continued to eat my house and my entire family. After a few minutes there was nothing left. Nothing except the darkness and the last flickers of the flame and me.
 

END*

 
 I felt myself being lifted up by something, most likely a someone. I tried to open my swollen eyes to see who it is but all I could make out was a prince-like, glowing(?!), and beautiful figure. I sighed and let my eyes shut again, all the bones in my body hurt like crazy already so there's no need to strain myself anymore. 
 ' it! Why're those dudes so strong now? Ch... Just 'cause they're bigger now they think they can beat me up like this?!'
 Despite the bumps of the "prince's" footsteps, I could feel myself getting drowsy. Before I knew it, I was asleep.
__________________________
 
 I opened my eyes and blinked slowly. The scenery before me was quite unfamiliar. Suddenly, a face blocked my sight. Before I could scream for help the masculine figure stood upright and stuck out a hand. 
 "Hey! I'm Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you."
 '?' I thought as I watched the Chanyeol guy incredulously. 'How can he be all rainbow and unicorns while I'm sitting here in pain?! And who the is he? Where am I?!' I sighed inwardly and shook his hand reluctantly. "Byun Baekhyun." I muttered. 
 "Bacon?!" Chanyeol burst into peals of laughter. "Your name is Bacon?!" He slapped my shoulder which made me yelp in pain.
 "Oh! Sorry, Bacon! I didn't know that your shoulder hurt..." Before I could stop him, he pulled the sleeve of my shirt down and inspected the bruise. "Poor Bacon... Don't worry! I'll go and get you some ice, okay?" 
 Chanyeol bounded out the door, not giving me a chance to correct him and maybe even give him a slap. Bacon? 'When he comes back I swear I'll ki-' my thought was cut off as an annoyingly cheerful voice filled the large bedroom once again. 
 "Bacon-ah!" Chanyeol bounded back into the room, this time with an ice pack. 'I swear. He's ing doing this on purpose.' 
 "It's Baekhyun. BAEKHYUN." 
 "Woah! Baekhyunnie! No need to shout!" Chanyeol chuckled as he placed the ice pack on my shoulder. I muttered a thank you and looked away, pissed. "Hey, is there a bathroom in here?" I asked.
 "Yeah, sure! It's over there!" He gestured towards a closed door without even looking (he was busy flipping through TV channels on his *cough* GIANT *cough* FLATSCREEN *cough* TV). 
 I stood up without a sound and stumbled into the bathroom. When I turned to face the gigantic mirror I froze. What I'm wearing isn't my black t-shirt and black jeans. The shirt I'm wearing is ing PINK. And the shorts I have on is ing BLUE.
 I in a shaky breath and peeked at my underwear. What I saw made me embarrassed and angry at the same time. 
 "PARK CHANYEOL!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I charged out of the bathroom, hair flopping every which way as a very surprised Chanyeol sprang up from the bed and started to run out the door.