11 - Fading Rhapsody

The Liar(s)

11 – FADING RHAPSODY

Writer’s POV

Jessica is crying.

Yes, unfortunately, she is. She is crying in an empty classroom.

She really doesn’t want to cry because crying will show just how much she is hurting right now. She hates it, she hates admitting that she is hurting. Nonetheless, she is, in fact, crying badly.

But why does she need to cry? She fully understands that her tears will only be wasted this way. Still, she needs to let out the agony by crying.

She is crying that badly, covering her eyes with both of her hands and burying her head on the table. That way, she doesn’t even notice that a person just opens the door of this classroom and then shuts it again. This person is now walking and getting closer to the sobbing beauty.

“Here, I think you need this.”

Yuri offers a handkerchief. Jessica is too surprised to see the tanned-girl that she can’t even say a word. She takes a glance on Yuri’s face then her eyes move to the handkerchief. Tears are still falling from her eyes.

She actually remembers the handkerchief, the one that fell on the ground when Yuri bumped into her in the very first day of college after summer vacation.

“I don’t mean to interrupt your crying session, I just happened to see you walking in this classroom…”

Yuri does lie though. Truth is, when she saw Jessica about a minute or so ago, running into the class, she decides to follow her. She is a stalker after all and seeing how Jessica is crying, she can’t help but to feel hurt as well.

“Besides, this handkerchief is yours and… don’t worry Jessica-sshi, I already wash it.”

Then Yuri takes some steps backward. She decides to leave Jessica alone. She feels that being alone is probably what Jessica needs at that moment.

“Kwon Yuri…”

It’s really before Yuri turns her whole body when she heard Jessica’s voice, calling her name. Yuri actually tries to hide how happy she is because at least, Jessica still remembers her name.

“Why are you so kind to me?”

Jessica asks Yuri which is immediately replied by the latter.

“Me? Kind to you? Huh… haha. Seriously, what makes you asking me such weird question? What makes you think I’m kind to you?” Yuri grins, she is nervous to be caught actually. She’s afraid that her care and concern will be noticed.

“Then why do you come here, offering this handkerchief, trying to help me? Also, explain to me, why did you ask me to be your partner the other day, why did you look for me only to inform me about the assignment? On top of that, why did you do all of those things when it’s so clear that I think you are annoying.”

Jessica blurts out everything. Suddenly, she forgets about her pain, it seems like she is pulled into the argument with Yuri.

Yuri thinks for few seconds.

“Well, why don’t you explain me why you think I’m annoying firstly?” Yuri leads the conversation to the other level of reasoning. She indeed needs the reason of why Jessica is irritated by her presence on their previous clash.

“We don’t answer a question with a question Yuri-sshi, don’t you learn about it?” Jessica responds.

“Fine, then I think we don’t have any other else to talk about, I guess our conversation ends here. Bye!”

Yuri bids her goodbye. It’s better not to worsen the situation, that’s what she thinks so she just gave up and left Jessica.

However, deep inside her heart, the ice princess is suddenly melting.

“Thanks… anyways, thank you very much.” Jessica shows her gratitude before Yuri opens the classroom’s door. It’s really low actually that it’s hard to hear what Jessica have just said but Yuri clearly hear that because of the quiet room.

Yuri is naturally surprised by this, she can just stared at the crying girl once again.

“Am I dreaming?” Yuri asks herself and Jessica disrupts the silence after that.

“And… I’m sorry for treating you badly before… I just…” Jessica can’t continue as her tears continue to dominate her, the pain in her heart is suddenly growing again.

Yuri really wants to comfort this girl but she realizes that she’s still not in the position to do so. For her, it’s great enough to actually have such a short conversation with Jessica. Yuri knows that she just became more attached to Jessica.

For her, it feels like she has to protect Jessica but she knows she still doesn’t have the capability. Besides, if Jessica knows that she has been stalking her this whole time… then it’ll be the end of everything. Thus, for Yuri, it’s better to keep the distance because it’ll be easy to watch over Jessica that way.

“Never mind Jessica-sshi.” Yuri shortly replies and then continues. “I think, I don’t have any special reason to be kind to you… I mean… I think I’m just that kind of girl. It’s merely because I want to make friends with anyone. That’s just what my personality is.”

Yuri then opens the door. Before closing it again, she shouts again.

“And you know what Jessica-sshi, crying really doesn’t suit you.” She closes the door, leaving the poor melting ice princess.

Jessica, on the other hand, continues crying, she knows she won’t stop any soon but she’s more relieved now. She holds the handkerchief, she holds it tightly, hoping that by doing so, the pain in her heart will slowly be eased.

However, she also understands that the pain won’t ever go. Every time she sees Donghae, the pain will just come again, as simple as that.

Moreover, today… she just heard how Donghae begging for Yoona to be his girlfriend.

Donghae’s POV

“Yah Hyukkie, thank you for accompanying me tonight.” I tell my bestfriend just how nice he is.

“It’s nothing really. Besides, you really need a friend based on your condition right now Hae.” He replies me worriedly. Maybe because I’m a little bit drunk. But I’m still in control. I know I should reduce my drinking habit though.

“But really Hyukkie, you should come with me more often. For what I can remember, it’s the very first time we hang out together in the night, correct me if I’m wrong.” I tell him again.

“Yeah, you are right.” He replies.

“See?! You really need more entertainment in your life Hyukkie. Don’t study too much every night, kekeke. You won’t get a girlfriend if you keep studying and studying every night.”

I take a gulp of my vodka and I continue again. “I actually wonder, are you really studying every night? I mean… you always said that you are busy in the night, for what I believe… you are studying… but, is there any possibility that actually you are lurking around every night club in Seoul behind my back? Kekekeke.”

I laugh and . I just try to forget my parents’ divorce perhaps.

“Tell me Hyukkie?!” I force him.

“That’s such a funny imagination of yours Hae.” He coldly responds.

“So… you are really studying neh?” I make it sure again and he nods. After that, I give another comment.

“Great then… at least… you’re really studying, you are not like that girl.”

“That girl? Who?” Hyukkie asks for an explanation of my latest sentence.

“Im Yoona… who else? She’s the reason why I ask you to accompany me tonight. She just left me heartbroken Hyukkie, kekeke.” Again, I laugh… probably to ease the pain.

“Hae, I don’t understand what you are talking about right now.”

“Well, listen… I don’t know whether it’s a coincidence or not but it actually started here… here in this club Hyukkie…”

I talk about how I caught Yoona, drinking in this night club last week.

Hyukkie raises his eyebrows, showing how curious and clueless he is. He doesn’t need to wait any longer as I start telling him the truth. It’ll help me release some of my burden also.

Then I tell Hyukkie everything that he doesn’t know about how I got Yoona as my girlfriend. I told him every single little thing and I’m sure I don’t leave anything untold, including the last part when she rejected me… well… not that she really rejected me, she actually left me hanging.

Yes, she made me, Lee Donghae… hanging. Doesn’t she know that many other girls would love to kill to be in her place?!



Flashback starts.

“Be my girlfriend again… and not the fake one anymore… be the real one… please…”

I know it really sounds like I’m begging but I don’t care. I just really need her right now. No… I don’t think I fall in love with her but I need her. I don’t know why but I really need her.

“Sunbae…”

She finally opens after, uhmm… don’t know… it’s too long already. She slowly pushes me back and it’s obvious that she wants to break the hug so I let her do so. She steps backward.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with you… this is just so insane.”

She starts crying again. She stares at me.

“These past few days, I must admit that I’m kinda missing you, you were nowhere and that’s frustrating… well, it’s not because I like your presence but… I don’t know, I’m confused, you left me with uncertainty and suddenly… you appear again, showing how fragile you are because of your family problem…”

She pauses for a moment. She keeps staring deeply to my eyes.

“And then you tell me you need me… and you want me to be your real girlfriend. Seriously sunbae… how can I believe you? Don’t you think we actually just crashed each other’s trust by building this fake relationship in the first place? You should know better than me that I can’t ever believe you and you should never believe me again after we made the agreement right?”

She speaks in her crying voice now. Tears never fail to come out from the corner of her endearing eyes.

“And besides…”

She is crying more now but manages to continue.

“I’m not your toy!”

Then she runs. She’s gone from my sight. She left me without any strength to chase her. I know I’m a loser. It’s really painful.

Flashback ends.


“Hyukkie!!! Hyukkie! Yah… Lee Hyukjae!!! Are you still hearing me?”

I wave my hand in front of Hyukkie’s face.

“Ahhh… sorry… I’m sorry Hae. Where were we before?” He innocently asks me.

“I’m done… the story ends there when she left me hanging.” I answer him.

“Ahhh…” He nods but really… I can notice that he strengthens his clench like he’s mad and very angry.

“Hyukkie… what’s wrong with you?” I curiously inquire him.

“Nothing wrong… I’m ok. Really I’m ok Hae.” He exclaims confusedly.

“So… why are you strongly clenching your hands?”

He realizes what I mean and then he answers again.

“Ahh… It’s too cold here Hae.”

And I nod to him. Little did I know, Hyukkie is actually really angry after hearing my story. He’s really angry but unfortunately I buy his lie. I believe that he’s feeling too cold. He then continues our conversation.

“By the way Hae, actually Yoona had asked me about it before and I’m getting curious also…”

“What is it Hyukkie?”

“Do Jessica-sshi and you… hmm… have some kind of relationship that I don’t know? I mean, do the two of you know each other before?”

Damn… it’s my fault that finally Hyukkie smells something fishy between me and Jessica. If only I wasn’t angry when Yoona mentioned her name… Yoona wouldn’t ask Hyukkie and Hyukkie wouldn’t be curious about it. I should lie. Sorry Hyukkie, can’t tell you now.

“No… I don’t think I know her before and thus we don’t have any mysterious relationship like what you assumed Hyukkie.”

He nods, indicating that he believes me but I think he actually isn’t satisfied.

Writer’s POV

Tiffany is typing a text message to Kyuhyun, telling him about how upset she is today.

Once she’s done, she quickly presses the send button and then her cell phone automatically offers an option for her to input a new number or a pre-saved contact.

Being as clumsy as ever and in addition, she’s reading a report in her notebook simultaneously, she doesn’t really see whose contact that she inputs as the recipient.

Well, some people usually don’t really see the keypad and the monitor when they type and send a text message and that’s what exactly Tiffany Hwang just did. Additionally, she is busying herself with reading the report. Her concentration is split.

She also totally forgets that she just had another “Cho” in her contact. She just sent the text message to “Cho Siwon” instead of “Cho Kyuhyun” by mistake. Somehow, she really doesn’t realize it and thinks that her message is sent to the right person.

It’s actually not a problem… unless Tiffany’s message doesn’t talk about how upset she is because of Choi Siwon’s attitude right?

Too bad, Tiffany is really badmouthing Choi Siwon in her message.

Siwon then of course receives the message. He reads it carefully, he rubs his eyes to make it sure that what he reads are real.

Tiffany Hwang:
Kyuhyun-ah!!! Seriously,
your idea about charity is
very brilliant. However,
Choi Siwon is far from that!

Arghhhh!

He really pissed me off.
He didn’t come to the meeting
today!!! FYI, today’s meeting
is very very important.
He said that he had a sudden
CF shooting. I think he just
didn’t want to come. Aishhh.
I wonder how come such an
arrogant, a selfish, an
attention hogger, and a liar
like him can really help us
to succeed this year’s
anniversary event.

After all, he’s just a handsome
guy who smells really great,
has a killer body-built, and
who thinks every girl will go
crazy because of him.
Thanks God he’s popular that
every media finally accept the
proposal of our event. At least
he has something useful.

Wish me luck Kyu!


Siwon can only smirk after reading the text message. He finds it interesting in some way.

##########

A/N
I hope everyone enjoy this chapter, sorry for YoonHae shipper. Truly sorry... :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: Anyhow, another liar(s) is(are) coming! Thank you and sorry for any mistake and lack here and there. :unworthy: