Adam? Andy?Name that starts with an A!

Do Opposites Attract?

I let my head rest in front of me, bored. The food at the school wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst. Nevertheless, I don't eat school lunch. School had to be the most boring thing on Earth. Coming to school to learn? Not really. I already know everything. I could feel every girl looking in my direction, longingly. Like I would ever give any of them a chance. Min Seo came over to my table and sat next to me, giving me her so-called home-made lunch that she had supposedly made herself. Tch. Min Seo cook? Not a chance. If she had really cooked that lunch, it'll be all burnt up. Rejecting the lunch coldly, I turned to Eli, who seemed estatic on going to a club. Hoon was eating his own lunch that he had his personal cook make for him, as Dong Ho was too busy acting cute, meanwhile Kevin- well as boring as my day could get, was doing his usual student president things. Kevin looked up for a second, sending a smile across the room to someone and I heard a huge mass of screams hitting my ear. 

Kevin smiling during lunch in front of many people was rare. In fact, out of the seven of us, he has the title of having the sweetest and the most angelic smile of us all. Dong Ho simply had the extremely cute one. Kevin got out of his seat, taking all of his papers with him as he headed to another table.

"Where is he going?" Kiseop asked, his mouth full of rice. Hoon and Eli shrugged as Soohyun did the same. Without showing any reactions to them, I turned to see where he was going. He was heading towards a table where a girl was sitting alone and seemed to be studying. The table wasn't far from mine since the table was known to be the table for the "new kids".

"Ah, the new girl." Hoon snickered. I didn't respond to him as Kevin spoke to grab her attention, since she had not yet realized Kevin was standing next to her. 

"Excuse me." Kevin said as the girls who sat around the table squealed at the sound of his voice. The girl looked up and smiled when she saw it was Kevin. "Do you mind if I sit next to you?"

"Of course not." The girl said.

"I'm Kevin Woo. I'm the student body president, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me." Kevin gave her another smile a she nodded.

"My name is-"

"Lee Hyo Jin." Kevin finished her sentence for her. "I know your name. After all, I am the student body president." I smirked as I watched them. 

Lee Hyo Jin? That means she's number one right now. Not for long. I smirked. There were a few gasps around the cafeteria once some of them had recognized the name that was ranked one in school for now. Not wanting to take interest in her any longer, I turned back to the rest of us.

"I heard Kevin's going to be giving her a tour around the school today." Hoon smirked as he put his chopsticks down. "In real person, she's cuter than the picture."

"Bleh. I don't think so." Eli said, taking a look at her. "She doesn't look that good. Not my type. But why doesn't Kevin just give her to someone else in the student government to give her a tour?"

"Kevin said she was interesting." Dong Ho piped up with agyeo. Without much interest in the topic, I left the cafeteria to head to the courtyard. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Lee Hyo Jin's Pov*

Kevin had given me a tour after lunch, but because he had a test to take in Physics, he left me in the hands of another student, a freshman to be exact, who was in the student government. "Here's the bathroom. I'll wait for you out here, so you can go." Dong Ho said politely, acting a little too cutesy for what I was used to back in America.

"Okay. I'll be quick." I replied as I headed into the bathroom. I didn't really have to go. I just wanted a break from all the Korean I was hearing. It was way too different from America. I splashed some water on my face to stop my head from hurting a little and to stay a bit more focused. Walking out of the bathroom, I couldn't see Dong Ho. Didn't he say he was going to wait for me? Did I hear it wrong in Korean? Confused, I stood there, wondering.

"Hey." I turned around quickly thinking it was Dong Ho or Kevin. Instead it was someone I didn't know. A guy who was rather tall.

"Uh, hi." I replied. "Do you happen to know where Dong Ho is? He was supposed to be giving me a-"

"I told him I was going to be giving you a tour. So he left." He replied.

"So are you part of the student government too?" I asked. He walked in front of me and gave me a smile. It wasn't exactly the nicest smile, but it was a smile that seemed to be.... like a smirk? I backed away from him, sensing that it probably didn't like me. I backed away a few inches until I felt the wall on my back. I leaned against it and tried to move to the right a little, so I wouldn't feel like I was being cornered. "So... What's your name?"

"Tch." He actually did it.He actually smirked. "You don't know my name?" I shook my head honestly. He leaned in closer to me and finally trapped me. I watched him. "Then you'll find out soon enough on your own."

"Can we get back to the tour?" 

"Listen. I'm not going to be giving you a tour. You find your way around this school yourself. If you're truly smart you'll be able to find your way around." He leaned back and was about to leave when he seemed to remember something. He stood in front of me again and leaned close to me and looked me in the eyes. "I always win. So what if you're number one now? Just remember I always win." He said confidently then walked away. I stood there confused.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Good morning, Hyo Jin!" Kevin said sweetly. I gave him a smile as I walked through the front gates to the school. 

"Good morning, Kevin." I replied.

"So how was the school tour with Dong Ho yesterday?" Kevin asked. "He's a freshman so he might not have given the best tour since afterall, he is new to this school too."

"Oh, he gave me a good tour except...." I hesitated to speak of the thing that happened after Dong Ho had left. Kevin looked at me encouragingly. "Well, Dong Ho left because some guy said he was going to be giving me a tour. But the guy... he didn't seem to like me and he mentioned something about being number one." I said, remembering the conversation.

"Ah, that was AJ. He's always been number one. That was until you came to our school." I nodded as Kevin explained. We walked into the classroom together. I took a seat next to the window since I could really use the sight of nature in the middle of the boring and long lectures I have to endure to get a good grade. Kevin took a seat next to me as the teacher walked in. The class started as the English teacher began to teach us some new vocabulary words in English, which seemed incredibly boring, but I managed to get through. As class ended and we got a five minute break before the Physics teacher makes it to 11 A's classroom, I headed out to get something from my locker.

As I left the classroom to get to my locker, since it was sort of far away from the classroom I was about to run when I bumped into someone. "Watch it!" Someone spat out. I looked down shamefully as I got up. I looked up to apologize to see the guy I saw yesterday.

"I'm really sorry." I blurted out quickly, trying to run down the hall to my locker quickly. He smirked, stopping me in my tracks. 

"Tch, people like you think you're all that." He said loudly. "Don't forget, I always win." He headed into the classroom before closing the door behind him, leaving me to run off to my locker in a panic. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*AJ's Pov*

I decided to skip lunch since I wanted to be alone. I decided to head up to the rooftop where it was always empty, mainly because of a stupid story about someone being killed up on the roof. As I opened the door leading to the roof, I could hear someone singing.

"Dangshineun nal neomu apeuge manhaneyo byeori bitnadeon geuttae uril gieog haeyo nae mameul gajyeogan yalmiun geu saram itjanhayo na jigeum neomu apeugeo deunyo." The singing was pretty good. It wasn't that bad. I opened the door a little further to see if I could catch a glimpse of whoever was singing. As I opened the door further, I began to see someone recognizable. The new girl. I smirked.

Well, well. The new girl can really sing can't she? I smirked. I waited until she was done with the song and then gave her a few slow claps to mock her and startle her. It worked well. She dropped the sheets that held the lyrics and turned to look at me. She quickly picked up the sheets and then turned to face me.

"Um.... Hi A-" She stopped. "Adam? Or was it Andy? It was a name that started with an A. No wait- it's Adam. Sorry Adam." I cringed at the name.

"Did you cheat on the test?" I asked, looking at her as if she was stupid.

"Of course not! I would never cheat!" She raised her voice at me, getting  little angry, which surprised me. No girl, in my history of dating or meeting girls had ever raised their voices at me. My eyes widened in surprise and she seemed to catch that. "I'm sorry for raising my voice." I smirked at her.

"Then how you stupid enough to get my name wrong?" I asked. "It's AJ. Spelled with an A and a J, just in case stupid people like you still don't know. And to think you came from America." 

"Well, I have too many things on my mind to remember names." Hyo Jin said defensively. "Lunch should be ending soon anyhow. See you in class Ada- I mean AJ...?" Hyo Jin quickly moved past me as I watched her leave with interest.

 

 

*Bad chapter as always T^T But hopefully you guys will find some sort of enjoyment in this chapter? But I'm really depressed that Dong Ho left U-Kiss. I really hope he won't be forgotten as a celebrity.*