A Mark

Do Opposites Attract?

A/N: I am hoping that this chapter will make up for the fact that I have no updated for over a month or two. Longest I haven't updated. So hopefully you guys enjoy this chapter and please comment!

Lying on my bed, I heard the door bell ring or more like the elevator made a loud ding, but it doesn't really matter. Rolling off my bed and heading down the stairs, I pressed a button that displayed who was in the elevator on the tiny screen next to the button. As expected it, it was Kevin and Number One. I pressed a silver button that opened the elevator door and Kevin quickly stepped into the apartment and changed into slippers.

As Number One was trying to adjust to the size of my apartment and what to do, I glared at her. "Hurry up. the project isn't going to make itself." I headed up the stairs to my room as Kevin helped her up the stairs. As I took a seat in my chair, I turned to look at Number One who was fiddling with her wet hair from the rain. "Here. The materials we need are here. You can get started on making the space station with cardboard. I need to freshen up a  bit."

I felt too tense from all that thinking about Ha Eun and got off my chair and walked to my personal bathroom in my room. Kevin dominated the blue beanbag in the corner of the room, taking a laptop out of his grey backpack and starting to type. I used to sit in the blue beanbag chair all the time, reading. But now things had changed and I didn't touch books unless I was required to. As soon as I disappeared into the bathroom, I could hear Kevin shuffling around and taking a seat next to Number One, watching her work on my project. Smirking, I headed into the shower after taking off my clothes.

Thoughts of Ha Eun came flooding back into my mind and I could feel a twinge of sadness and a great mass of jealousy churning inside of me. I made the shower water warmer to help drown out my thoughts on her. But I couldn't. I stood in the shower, reflecting on myself.

I had hit a new low. I'm Kim Jaeseop. AJ. What was I doing? Dwelling on a stupid girl like her. But in all reality... she wasn't stupid. She was the perfect girl. MY ideal girl.

This shower was evidently not helping. I stepped out of the shower and dried myself with the soft, white, Hotel Collection towels and put some clothes on, before letting a towel wrap about my neck and the ends of the towel hanging loosely off my shoulders.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Number One all by herself in my room, working on the project. Kevin had probably decided to go to my study room to work on his usual student body president stuff. It was disgusting to see himself engage himself in work with such seriousness.

Number One didn't seem to notice my presence as she continued to cut out the pieces of cardboard to build the space station. She was slowly cutting the cardboard, being careful not to cut herself evidently. I couldn't help but smirk at the sight of her trying to be "safe". Not to mention the fact that she had goosebumps on her arms and was shivering like she was an innocent deer.

I made my way to her and pulled her into a back hug, scaring her and almost causing her to cut herself with the blade. Before she turned to me, she took a look at the cardboard and sighed.

"I messed up this piece." She muttered. "Great." She turned to me and her eyes widened in shock. My arms tightened around her, knowing that her next move would be to push me. Girls are so predictable.

"You should be thankful that I'm keeping you warm." I smirked at her as she sent me an awkward smile.

"I'm fine. There are things like sweaters and jackets to keep me warm. I have a sweater that I can throw on now, so if you would let go of me, that'd be great." Number One replied, squirming in my grasp. 

"There's nothing comparable to a human's warmth." I continued to smirk.

"But you're hot." Number One said, trying to get out of my grasp.

"I knew you thought that way about me." I answered, my smirk growing more apparent.

"No, I'm actually serious." Number One didn't seem to be affected by my joke and pulled away from my grasp, taking a small white bottle out of her bag. "Taking long hot showers aren't good for the skin. It'll cause your skin to become dry." She opened the bottle of lotion and left a blot of lotion on each arm of mine. "Spread it evenly onto your arm." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't say. I was just going to eat it." I replied sarcastically. "I don't need lotion. Just give me a few hours and my skin will be good to go."

"Do it for your future wife!" Number One argued. "I'm pretty sure she wouldn't like to see the young man she married 60 years ago turns out to be a wrinkled old bag!" I refused to rub the lotion onto my arms and was about to wipe it off with the towel draped around my neck when she spread it across my arm and applied it for me. Drops of water fell from her hair and onto my arm occasionally as she put lotion on my other arm and then left a blot on my neck so I could spread it out myself. I strictly refused to spread the lotion around my neck as she sighed.

"Listen, I'm a guy and I have the brains at the very least. I don't need to have perfect looks. I already have great looks." I snorted as she tried to persuade me into spreading the lotion across my neck.

"In all honesty, most girls look at a guy's personality and they're not going to like your stubborness. Most girls will also judge you based on looks and your personality will add on to your looks. So if you have a bad personality, a few points will be taken off of your looks." Number One argued. "I should know since I'm a girl."

"A rather manly girl at that." I smirked. "So do you represent all the females now or something?" With my towel in my hand, I leaned incredibly close to her. To the point where I almost turned cross eyed as she leaned against the desk and her hand was pushing on the desk, to move it back further, in which the wall prevented her from doing so. A smile broke out onto her face as she put her hands on my neck and smeared the lotion all over my neck.

"There. Let's get back to work." She brushed past me and began to cut another piece of cardboard out. My heart beat slowed down to its normal pace as my mind finally let go of all my thoughts with Ha Eun. Finally my mind was at peace. Well, for now.

I took my towel and walked behind her, drying her hair for her as she turned her attention back to me.

"What are you doing?"

"Drying your hair for you, idiot." I answered. "Your hair is dripping with water. If it falls onto the cardboard, our 3D model could be potentially ruined. Sheesh. Now focus back on your work."

Number One nodded as she contiued to cut the last piece of the space station out and reached for the glue gun. I took the glue gun from her and handed her the wire, telling her to plug it into the outlet next to my desk. When the glue gun was ready, I quickly assembled the space station together, rushing.

"Slow down. You could hurt yourself. The gun's-" Crap. I touched the metal part of my glue gun and burned myself by accident. "Hot..." Number One finished her sentence as Kevin popped his head into the room.

"Hyo Jin, we should get going soon. The last bus is coming in thirty minutes." Kevin reminded her. Number One looked at me then at Kevin.

"Just go." I hissed at her in pain as a drop of hot glue dripped onto my skin.

Number One quickly left the room as Kevin followed her. Of course. When I need help the most, people leave me without a second thought. Another reason to why I don't get too attached to people that easily. They'll just hurt you. If you don't hurt them, they'll hurt you.

I scraped the glue off my hand with a piece of scrap cardboard. I looked at my red hand and sighed, getting up and heading to my bed in hopes to numb the stinging pain I felt on my hand. I bumped into the chair and noticed Number One's backpack and sweater. Man, she wanted to leave so fast that she forgot her backpack. Oh well, it's her loss. Once someone leaves something in my place, it's gone. I'll throw it away, burn it, whatever I can do to dispose of it.

"Adam, are you okay?" Number One bursts into my room with a bowl of water and rushes over to my bed, where I moved after a minute of pain. She put the bowl on her lap to keep it from spilling onto my bed as she sat next to me. She took my red right hand and dipped it into the bowl of cold water. I was too suprised to even feel upset over the fact that she messed up my name.

"Cold water really helps. I got burned a few times since I came to Korea because I was trying to cook. And because I didn't have any medicine for it since I was new to Korea, I had to use cold water. Surprisingly enough, cold water worked really well." Number One laughs as she looks back into her memories. 

"Didn't you leave with Kevin?" I asked, my right hand sliding into ease.

"No. I told him to go first. I could always take the taxi." Number One stares at the messy desk of mine and sends me a smile. "By the way, you were hurt. I wasn't going to leave you in pain you know."

"What if I told you, you're in danger here. All alone." I leaned back on the wall next to my bed. "After all, we're all alone in a bedroom. A boy and a girl. Who knows?" I raised an eyebrow at her, testing her.

"It's not like you're some kind of ert or player. If you're Kevin's friend, then you must be approved of by Kevin." She laughs at the thought of me being a ert. "By the looks of it, I'm not your type. And to secure things further, you're not my type."

"Oh really?" I took my hand out of the cold bowl of water and placed it on my bedside table as she got up. I pulled her back down to sit on the bed and then pinned her down to my bed. "Who says you're not my type? Most importantly, what makes you think I'm not your type?" I was above her and clearly dominant. Her left arm got goosebumps as my cold right hand pinned her left arm down.

"Well, for starters, when I first met you in class, you seemed to really dislike me. A sign that I'm not your type. You also objected to our partnership for this project." She answered. "You're not my type because my first boyfriend was the opposite of you. He was much nicer and understanding." I felt like she was trying to attack me without her own knowledge. She sent me a small smile as she tried to squirm out of my grasp. "It'd be great to sit up and talk rather than talk in this awkward position.

I smirked as my face leaned closer to hers. "Only you think this is awkward." I planted a soft kiss on the side of her neck and let my smirk grow.

"No, I'm pretty sure that other people will find this awkward too. Especially since..." I could hear her defend herself, her voice remaining steady. This was my opportunity to break her down, right here, and right now. To get her to admit that she likes me and throw her away like trash.

"Let me get rid of the awkwardness." I let her see my smirk as I leaned in again and planted a kiss on her neck that left a mark.

A mark that would cause me to smirk for the next few days at school. A mark she wouldn't be able to hide. I got off of her and handed her the light blue backpack of hers.

"Good luck at school tomorrow." I smirked. Number One seemed to catch herself and quickly got off my bed and got ready to leave.

"Looks like I'll need it since I'm still new." She answered as she took her backpack and was prepared to leave. She turned around as she reached my bedroom door. "Adam, let's just pretend that never happened. Honestly, I can't think of a reason to why you would act that way, but I think it's simply because you were out of it. It'll ruin our partnership and could affect our project grade. Over such a stupid mistake as well. So, I'll just be on my way. Good night."

I smirked as she left the apartment, leaning against the wall. Exactly what I wanted. I'll never forget and remember. This will help ruin our partnership and moreover, prove that she's just another one of those girls, another toy in this world. To prove that I can become a guy that Ha Eun will come to like. To prove that I'm her "ideal" type.