Make Me Wonder Why

Do Opposites Attract?

Arriving at his locker, he tore the sticky note from his locker, crumpling it and throwing it onto the floor as Hyo Jin winced. Sitting in the front of the classroom and secretly watching to see if he would have any reaction at her all to her happy and heart-warming notes, she frowned unconsciously. Picking up the sticky note he had thrown on the floor as soon as he took his place at the back of the classroom, she smoothed it out before encouraging herself. Slipping the note into her pocket, she took her seat at the front as Kevin walked into the classroom with their History teacher. 

Shuffling her papers around and looking for her History notebook, Kevin took a seat next to her. Helping her tidy her desk up, he shot her a bright smile as he noticed how... sluggish her movements were. Counting the amount of times she had yawned, Kevin was impressed that she had even beaten her last record of thirty seven times. As soon as the bell rang, she had immediately slumped over her desk as she closed her eyes.

"What's up? You've been looking tired recently." Kevin commented as he slid a can of coffee over to her. Sitting up, she took the can of coffee from him gratefully as she let a tiny sigh slip from .

"I've just been... busier than usual." Hyo Jin answered as she fiddled with the can of coffee. Eying the boy in the back who seemed to be in need of some coffee, she directed her attention back to Kevin as he nodded.

"Well, drink the coffee and try to survive until lunch, okay?" Nodding and thanking him once again, he got up. "I have to go and take care of some files. We have two new transfer students and they're coming in for a tour today. Take care okay?"

"I will. Don't worry too much about me. I'll do fine." Hyo Jin said, reassuring him as Kevin ruffled her already tangled dark brown hair. As Kevin left the classroom, she inched her way towards the grumpy and obviously sleep deprived boy.

"You look tired. You can have my coffee." Sliding the can of coffee Kevin had given her to him, he opened his eyes and sighed angrily as he pushed the can of coffee off the table. Picking it up and dusting it off, she left it on his table. "I'll just leave it here just in case you want to drink it."

Opening his eyes once again, he opened the can of coffee and headed to her desk before spilling his coffee all over her desk and some of her notes. Crumpling the can and glaring at Hyo Jin, he threw the can on the floor as they were now the center of attention. 

"Listen, I don't want your stupid coffee. So quit being annoying and shut up. I hate you and that's never going to change." Pushing back her, he kicked his chair and left the classroom, leaving Hyo Jin in shock an in great humiliation.

Left in the isolated halls, he wandered the school aimlessly. If there was one thing that he needed, it would've been the can of coffee. His eyes were drooping and the eye bags were evident. Today was the worst of all days to bother him. Even though he didn't want to know about it, he couldn't help it. And because of it, he had spent the night tossing and turning, his heart pounding with anxiety.

"I understand. We'll pick up our school uniforms after the school tour, okay?" A soft voice distracted him of his thoughts and brought some color back to his face as he looked up. His eyes found a petite figure in the school office with her hands intertwined with a guy standing in front of her as she was seemingly trying to soothe the guy. "It won't be too late, Kibum."

With his eye twitching, Kibum looked up and past her. Noticing the trembling figure in the background, he smirked and pulled the girl in for a hug. The girl was surprised as he had rarely hugged her in public and without doing anything wrong. Accepting the hug made the trembling figure hurt even more as he watched. With his hands left in fists, he turned and ran.

Jealous. He was most definitely jealous. He was jealous and angry.

 

 

Walking down the hall, Hyo Jin yawned. The never- ending dance practices were definitely wearing her down, but with Big Star's comeback in less than a month, the dance needed to be perfected. The song was a great song, but after listening to it to what seemed like a million times, she was sick and tired of it. Wondering if she would ever get sick and tired of her own song, a hand pulled at her arm.

"Excuse me, what do you know where the bathroom is?" Facing the guy, she found him to be... good looking. Nevertheless, she knew that she shouldn't be swooning over guys. Especially guys she didn't exactly- know. 

"Just go down this hall and make a left." Hyo Jin answered, dusting off her uniform. "It'll take about a week to adjust to this school and I'm sure you'll adjust in no time!"

"How did you know I'm new to this school?"

"Well, you asked me directions just now, didn't you?" Hyo Jin smiled, pointing the obvious out.

"But I could be visiting the school for all you know."

"I see the schedule in your hands. Judging from the logo, you're a student at this school." She said, pulling at the loose piece of paper dangling from his folder. "Take care of your schedule as it'll help you through the first few weeks." Waving a good bye and handing him the schedule, he could only stare at her disappearing figure.

"Observant, isn't she?" He smirked and turned down the hall in search of the bathroom, taking his time as he wasn't in a rush. In fact, he'd like to absorb every detail of this place as these halls were the very same halls his friend, AJ had walked for these past few years. "Oh, Jaeseop... You're in for so much." Continuing down the hall, he disappeared around the corner.

 

Next Day...

He was anxious. Questions ran through his mind as none of them were answered. When was the last time he had thought of so many questions? He couldn't remember himself and was nervous to see what was to come. With the growing distance between his relationship with Kevin, he was left without answers regarding something that grabbed his mind. As all the other classes were completely full and his class being the only class that had any space left, he could predict that they were going to be in his class.

In other words, he felt rather conflicted. To stay or to go. He didn't want to face the consequences of knowing nor did he want to be left out. It had been something that has been eating him up and desperate to know the answer for. Yes, desperate. How long has it been since he had last considered himself to be desperate? Contemplating, he slammed his hand onto his desk and kicked his chair, surprising the rest of his classmates.

"Screw this. You can do better than this." He muttered, kicking his chair once more as he headed towards the back door of the classroom. 

"Mr. Kim, where are you going?" Mr. Lee asked as he stepped into the classroom through the front door. "Sit back down. English is about to start and I don't want you to miss it."

"Does it even matter?" AJ asked, feeling quite ticked off already."I'm passing your class with a perfect score. That should be enough, shouldn't it?"

"Well, I also want you to be aware of something else this class period." Mr. Lee replied, his voice turning harsh. "So sit back down and we'll begin class."

"Listen, I've never given you trouble by not showing up to your class and failing. I've always passed and missed a couple here and there." AJ sneers as he barely turns his head to address Mr. Lee. "I've always minded my own business and you should mind yours."

"Kim Ja-"

"We're a bit late! Sorry!"

"Oh it's okay. You guys must be the transfer students." Hyo Jin watched as the new students stepped in and it was no shocker to see the guy who had stopped her for directions. Kevin had equipped her with the knowledge beforehand as there was no space in the other classes. Seems like she wasn't going to be the only girl her in class anymore as her eyes landed on a petite figure.

"Well, introduce yourselves. I heard you two came from Australia." Mr. Lee commented. "If that's the case, please introduce yourselves to us in English."

"I'll go first then!" A somewhat cheerful voice said, echoing through the room. "My name is-"

"Hey, hey, hey. Who do we have here?" The male standing in front of the room behind the girl interrupted with an evident smirk on his face. "Kim Jaeseop."

Hyo Jin's eyes left the two new students and wandered to AJ, curious to know of their relationships. If anything, she had specifically remembered his Korean name as the little warning she'd gotten from Min Seo and her friends. Yet, this guy was able to use his name with such ease. Watching his hands curl into fists, he stuffed them into his pockets as he turned around to face the two students. The tension was pretty obvious and the whole class was suffocated in silence. 

"Kim Kibum."

"Hmm... fancy meeting you here." Kibum plastered a smile onto his face, reading 'innocence' and 'friendliness'. AJ knew that it was anything but that and forced himself to stay composed. It was hard to, seeing how fake Kibum was acting.

You bastard. What do you mean by "fancy meeting you here"? You knew. You knew you freaking a******.

"I would say the same." AJ answered and Mr. Lee cleared his throat.

"It seems as if you two are acquainted with each other. Kibum, you may take the seat next to him then. And you miss," Mr. Lee turned to the girl next to Kibum and urged her to introduce herself.

"I'll help." Kibum said, bringing the girl closer to him. "Her name is Park Ha Eun. Her nickname is 'my girl', so hands off for the rest of the guys." His eyes met AJ's eyes and he smirked. "But of course, Jaeseop you were close friends with her. I wouldn't mind sharing her with you."

AJ was glued to his spot as his hands were trembling from the anger he felt. His face tensed up as he left his back facing them. Forcing his voice from his throat, he headed towards the door.

"No thanks. But I know how you don't like sharing." His throat was dry and he was desperate to leave the classroom. 

Park Ha Eun, you don't even have anything to say when he offered to share you? 

Park Ha Eun.

Leaving the classroom without much of a disruption, he headed to the rooftop once again to relax.

Ha Eun...

You make me wonder why...

 

 

I love you so much.

 

A/N: So we have the introduction of the new characters! Ha Eun and Kibum <3. Ha Eun is just an OC and Kibum- hopefully we all know who Kibum is, after all you guys are reading a U-Kiss story. xD Not the SM Kibums. So,